Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 02-21-2008, 06:29 PM   #16
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Portland Sending T. Green To Denver For Von Wafer

At this point you really can't question any move Kevin Pritchard makes. He doesn't ever make a bad move and knows talent. I mean if I were trading with Portland any one Kevin Pritchard wants I might want to hang onto. Green didn't know what he was doing out there at all and was developing very slowly.

I think this is a good deal.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:32 PM   #17
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Oh and to fellow Blazers fans we got rid of Green for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlXFh...eature=related

I think his athleticism makes him have much more potential than Green.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #18
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Here is Von Wafer's Identity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvyZ6ZxqFME

No way can there be a thread talking about Wafer with a mention of this.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #19
Duck Rodgers
Serious playground baller

Duck Rodgers has an OK reputation so far

Tauren was the 'glue guy' on those Florida championship teams, and like somebody else said, that's probably his only value to any NBA team....and I'm not sure how much impact a rookie can have in that regard anyway. I doubt he ever does much on the basketball court.

Does Von have attitude problems? I actually do remember reading something negative about him a good bit ago but I can't recall what it was . Not a huge deal either way...
Duck Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:09 PM   #20
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
At this point you really can't question any move Kevin Pritchard makes. He doesn't ever make a bad move and knows talent. I mean if I were trading with Portland any one Kevin Pritchard wants I might want to hang onto. Green didn't know what he was doing out there at all and was developing very slowly.

I actually get the feeling that Pritchard got Von Wafer as a piece to move around in the off season. It'll be much easier to convince a team that Wafer makes a good second or third piece on a trade than Green.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #21
Optimus Prime
:\

Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool

Von Wafer is a cool name.

That is all I have to say about this trade.

And now, taking the court, VON WAFER!

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #22
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

he is perfect in every way. i heard he can turn water into wine and walk on water. hes also a 2 time defending scrabble tournament champion and knits sweaters for the homeless. and one time i saw him lift a two ton car over his head...i swear i saw it with my own eyes!!!
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #23
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

uh...yeah....

nothing against von (good kid) but your homerism is just getting rediculous.

keep it coming kid...i enjoy reading it.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #24
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
he is perfect in every way. i heard he can turn water into wine and walk on water. hes also a 2 time defending scrabble tournament champion and knits sweaters for the homeless. and one time i saw him lift a two ton car over his head...i swear i saw it with my own eyes!!!

RoseCity tends to exaggerate a bit, but saying Pritchard is oen of the best GMs around is pretty close to the truth actually. Think about what he's done in the last few years, with trades. Who could have had the balls to trade Randolph for Frye, and then arrange a trade to aquire Aldridge? Or the trade he made that landed Roy in Portland?

Pritchard can't "do no wrong", but he's pretty damn good at seeing the uncut diamond and letting one of the contenders for COTY shape them into a glimmering finished product.

But like I said, I don't think Von Wafer was intended to build on Portland's team, I think he's intended to be traded in the off season.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #25
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
RoseCity tends to exaggerate a bit, but saying Pritchard is oen of the best GMs around is pretty close to the truth actually. Think about what he's done in the last few years, with trades. Who could have had the balls to trade Randolph for Frye, and then arrange a trade to aquire Aldridge? Or the trade he made that landed Roy in Portland?

Pritchard can't "do no wrong", but he's pretty damn good at seeing the uncut diamond and letting one of the contenders for COTY shape them into a glimmering finished product.

But like I said, I don't think Von Wafer was intended to build on Portland's team, I think he's intended to be traded in the off season.

Yeah this is pretty much the truth.

Despite RoseCity7's deep homerism, he's actually pretty dead on with the Kevin Pritchard comment regarding his ability as a GM.

The guy is very skilled and not afraid to pull a move.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #26
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

i dont even kno who is T. Green.lol
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:33 PM   #27
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinecz
An upgrade from Von Wafer, that's all you need to know.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:37 PM   #28
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Quote:

Damn! I like this guy already.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #29
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinecz

Taureen Green is a rookie who played for the University of Florida. He helped lead the team to two NCAA titles as the lead point guard. He doesn't have an NBA height, but he is still quick enough to keep up with most guards and can hit the long ball (supposedly...). I actually think there's potential for him.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:21 AM   #30
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

whoa. "von wafer" is black???? i had assumed without a second thought that he was some german player from overseas. how bout that.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: