Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #16
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Pistons aquire Juan Dixon

Stuckey and Hunter are injury risks. Afflalo too depending on how he holds up in his first 82 game season. I hope Juan is just injury insurance, because they don't want to send dumbass Flip out there in a pinch.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #17
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Sweet, Zan Tabak 2.0

Welcome to the Raptors inactive list Brezec! Good thing he is expiring after this year too. Maybe Bargnani can learn something from him... yes, learn from Primoz Brezec.

i really dont see how his trade helps either team. More importantly for me, what does Brezec bring to the raptors?
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #18
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

Nice trade... another international player added to the Raptors.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:47 PM   #19
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Pointless trade
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #20
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Well one year he averaged 13 and seven for Charlotte. Had some big games if I remember correctly. He'll definitely help out when we have bigger teams to go against. Also give us another 7 footer if Rasho goes down or gets in to trouble. Nice trade for the Raps not huge but turned it into a useful piece again. You can never have too many 7 footers
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:58 PM   #21
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

not a pointless trade.

dixon will be getting minutes in detroit, it's the only reason why they would aquire him.

and brezec brings in insurance. baston is pretty much worthless so that leaves only rasho and humphries as capable bigs behind bosh and bargnani... and bargnani isn't all that reliable either...
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #22
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

I'll admit I haven't seen Juan Dixon since he played in Washington…

Also I hear the Pistons are planning to buy out Flip Murray…They just announced this on the radio (1130 WDFN) as I type this post.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #23
flintstone
Good High School Starter

flintstone has an OK reputation so far

0+0=0....0-0=0....0x0=0....anyway you look at it really, What a blockbuster.
flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:09 PM   #24
Fubar
Kids at the park dunk on me

Fubar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Sweet, Zan Tabak 2.0

Welcome to the Raptors inactive list Brezec! Good thing he is expiring after this year too. Maybe Bargnani can learn something from him... yes, learn from Primoz Brezec.

They can play some 1 on 1 in the gym!

Hell I'd pay to watch Rasho, Primo and Bargnani in a game of Horse

We officially have the starting frontcourt of the Slovenian National team

Last edited by Fubar : 02-21-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Fubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #25
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Hell I'd pay to watch Rasho, Primo and Bargnani in a game of Horse

That would be fun. I'd sooner trust Rasho and Primo to match a Bargnani 3 than Bargnani getting a simple jump hook in the paint though.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #26
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

they lost to the Bucks last night

who were the people telling me Hamilton and Billups were having career years and their D is as good as its always been?
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #27
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
We officially have the starting frontcourt of the Slovenian National team

Too bad we don't still have Uros too!

EDIT: this might be the saddest sticky thread ever

Last edited by kwajo : 02-21-2008 at 05:34 PM.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:35 PM   #28
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Clearly Jaun isn't approaching the Big "D" with the mindset of playing a boatload of minutes but as a Raptor fan I can assure you that when given a chance he will provide a sold all around effort...

Pros: * Being an undersized 2 gaurd Jaun does contain the ability to play the point when needed...

* Has a decent passing game

* Is extremley streaky but highly confident in himself. When he catches fire he has the conmpetency to shoot the ball at will draining from almost anywhere on the offensive end...

Cons: * His undersized scraggy frame intends to be exploited on the defensive end causing various mismatches...

* Below average defender

* His shot selection at times seems to be foolish {Hoisting long rangers and low percentage threes at unecessary times in the game}

IMO this trade can be viewed as a win - win for both parties especially when you factor in how marginal Jaun & Brezics' roles on their teams were. Neither players were expected to push heavy minutes for either team down the stretch so this is essentially one those little "shake up" deals when you look at it...

I actually like this deal for various reasons...

1] Both contracts will be coming of the books at the conclusion of the season so it's not like we have a burden of salary over our heads...

2] A fresh start on a playoff contender an benefit both players even though roles will be minimal...

3] Primoz has been burdend by the injury over the past few seasons but I fondly remember him a few years back when he started on a nightly basis for the Bobcats and he impressed me to say the least. If he rgain that his once effective form then how can anyone argue over the addition of another effiecient 7 footer...

4] When you've come to play overseas it never hurts to have the company of fellow native along side of you. Hopefully Rasho will provide Brezic that sense of comfort...

5] DONE

AND

DONE
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #29
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Pistons now plan on buying out Flip Murray and are considering signing Dale Davis!?!?

Pistons News
Old 02-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #30
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Raps backup big man duo the Serbian Slobs. They are Serbian aren't they? Or is it Slovakia. Would make more sense since thyere both Slo.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: