Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #46
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: Pistons trade Primoz Brezec to Raptors for Juan Dixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempSonics
Murray wanted more PT. I read somewhere that Dixon will take Afflalo's spot in the rotation. I'm a little surprised by that.
so we are gonna replace our best wing defender off the bench (who has good size) with a short shot happy 2 guard. great
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #47
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Martin probably with Delfino playing some spot minutes.
yeah delf can bring it up pretty well. not gonna slash and pass, but can definitely help bring it up
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:11 PM   #48
Done_And_Done
D & D

Either way,
It's not an emergency void considering TJ is only listed as day to day and should be ready for the second game in the back to back against New York...

Lets just hope this time around he remains OFF the IL...

D&D
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:47 AM   #49
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

All I have to say ..Pistons lossed out on this deal, Toronto got the better end of the deal ..why do i say that ..check the mix!..look out pheonix /LA!All Star in the making!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2OX6M5RpvLY

"look at the hang time,look at the flying motion!" ->Primoz Brezec
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:42 AM   #50
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Could the raptors possibly give shared minutes between Brezec and Bargani, since Bargnani is inconsistent and plays little to no defence? I mean, Prezec can rebound and block(not saying he is good), which would help Bosh out...Bargnani is not a good fit for this team, he needs to be in the PF position on another team anchoring a solid C who does defence...Bargnani is not what he is cracked up to be, he's a three point shooter in a big man's body...What's the point of being tall and an NBA player if u can't rebound for s*&t and play a weak defence? Let's be realistic
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #51
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Could the raptors possibly give shared minutes between Brezec and Bargani, since Bargnani is inconsistent and plays little to no defence? I mean, Prezec can rebound and block(not saying he is good), which would help Bosh out...Bargnani is not a good fit for this team, he needs to be in the PF position on another team anchoring a solid C who does defence...Bargnani is not what he is cracked up to be, he's a three point shooter in a big man's body...What's the point of being tall and an NBA player if u can't rebound for s*&t and play a weak defence? Let's be realistic

Very true im from Toronto and I couldn't agree with you more about Bargnani he's a waste.he has the tools to become a good player but i don't think he's capable of making that transition.I can see us keeping him around for a year and if all fails he's outta here.
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:37 AM   #52
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

If there was ever a trade that didn't effect either team.. it's this one...
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #53
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

I figure this was a good trade for the Raptors. You can never have too many big white stiffs on your team. If we had kept Uros Slokar around instead of Baston, we would have a legitimate Slovenian Goon Squad!

Seriously though, Primoz can help us out if one of the bigs goes down. And if he gets back to his production from a few years back, he could be genuinely useful. Plus, we'll never have to pay him much.

Juan wasn't even adequate as a backup PG in the absence of TJ. Delfino or even Martin are better options. Juan can still score when he's played at SG, but we're stocked there.

Last edited by A.M.G. : 02-22-2008 at 01:59 PM.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #54
kidachi

great for the Pistons.

but i don't want Dixon to take Afflalo's rotation spot.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #55
KempSonics
Local High School Star

Looks like Dixon becomes the backup SG behind Rip. They want his shooting and offense. We'll see what happens.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #56
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:

Sorry to burst your bubble but Brezec cannot block and rebound. Bargnani is a better player than him in all facets of the game.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #57
final.wrath
Banned

Default Re: Pistons aquire Juan Dixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolaak
no faith in affalo is what i'm guessing.

wow that'd be a horrible situtation.

If Dixon gets his minutes I will be pissed. We're trying to develop the rookies here Juan isnt worth it. The only role I see Dixon playing is if someone gets injured...
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:38 PM   #58
Coolaak
High school junior varsity star

Default Re: Pistons aquire Juan Dixon

totally agree with you but there are definitly some times in a game we could use some "instant offence" at the 2 guard spot with rip sitting down... isn't his game compairable to eddie house?
Coolaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:42 AM   #59
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:

bargnani has a lot of potential. he had game with 7 blocked shots last season and he will learn to play consistent D as time goes on. His rebounding should improve along the lines of Dirk Nowitzki.

The fact that Toronto is a run and gun team made it tempting to draft an outside-shooting big man. Especially one who seems to have so much potential on both sides of the ball. But Andrea probably needs to have 4-5 seasons under his belt before he is a legit star.

For that reason, it would make sense for the Raptors to use him in a trade. Bosh is ready to win now. I say trade Ford/Bargnani for a defensive minded center.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #60
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Quote:
The fact that Toronto is a run and gun team made it tempting to draft an outside-shooting big man.

Too bad the whole idea of a run and gun team got scrapped fairly quickly (thanks Fred Jones)
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: