Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 02-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default My thoughts on the guys we traded

Larry Hughes--This was just one of those things that was just doomed from the start. It was the Summer of 05, the Cavs were desperate for a SG, and Ray Allen/Michael Redd were no longer on the market. Mgt. felt like we needed a "name player." That's why Hughes was signed. He left behind a perfect system for him in Washington. Him and LeBron were never gonna mesh. Larry was a very poor man's LeBron. Also was out of position at the PG spot. Injuries also plagued his run with us, and he had to deal with the loss of his brother. To his credit, he never whined or complained about anything.

Ira Newble--Always loved his defensive effort, and he could get hot from behind the arc. Mike Brown never gave him a fair chance to crack the rotation. Newble never complained. Just gave a workmanlike effort out there. I will prob. miss him the most.

Drew Gooden--For the first season, looked like an adequate replacement for Boozer. He is a nice effort player who can rebound and score some points, but is extremely inconsistent, turnover prone, and makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes. His tech. foul against Detroit in game 6 last year could've come back to haunt us. Gooden is as good as he's ever gonna be. He has added nothing to his game. Will give Chicago 15/9, and will probably be a starter/6th man for several years to come.

Cedric Simmons--Never got a chance with us. Even in Andy's absence, Brown never got him involved in the rotation.

Shannon Brown-Good athlete, decent outside shooter, and athletic, but has a lot to learn. Brown never gave him a chance. Hopefully, Chicago, who has been struggling all season and has nothing to lose by playing him, will find a spot for him in the rotation.

Last edited by mlh1981 : 02-22-2008 at 08:12 PM.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:17 AM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My thoughts on the guys we traded

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Larry Hughes--This was just one of those things that was just doomed from the start. It was the Summer of 05, the Cavs were desperate for a SG, and Ray Allen/Michael Redd were no longer on the market. Mgt. felt like we needed a "name player." That's why Hughes was signed. He left behind a perfect system for him in Washington. Him and LeBron were never gonna mesh. Larry was a very poor man's LeBron. Also was out of position at the PG spot. Injuries also plagued his run with us, and he had to deal with the loss of his brother. To his credit, he never whined or complained about anything.

Ira Newble--Always loved his defensive effort, and he could get hot from behind the arc. Mike Brown never gave him a fair chance to crack the rotation. Newble never complained. Just gave a workmanlike effort out there. I will prob. miss him the most.

Drew Gooden--For the first season, looked like an adequate replacement for Boozer. He is a nice effort player who can rebound and score some points, but is extremely inconsistent, turnover prone, and makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes. His tech. foul against Detroit in game 6 last year could've come back to haunt us. Gooden is as good as he's ever gonna be. He has added nothing to his game. Will give Chicago 15/9, and will probably be a starter/6th man for several years to come.

Cedric Simmons--Never got a chance with us. Even in Andy's absence, Brown never got him involved in the rotation.

Shannon Brown-Good athlete, decent outside shooter, and athletic, but has a lot to learn. Brown never gave him a chance. Hopefully, Seattle, who has nothing to lose, will find a spot for him in the rotation.

I pretty much agree with you. I thought Gooden was the most important player we gave up, in which he probably was in terms of playing time and involvement with the team. But I guess I'll just have to see how it turns out with Wallace/West/Wally/Smith for me to know if I like what happened or not. I like Wally, if he can stay healthy. I'll like Wallace if he can give us 5/10/defense+heart every game. Hopefully they don't keep Varejo and Wallace on the floor at the same time too much...they'll have almost no offense in the post with that. So hopefully they'll put Smith in there or Varejo in there at the right times.

Wally's home btw, graduated from Miami (Ohio) - even though it's near Cincinnati, watched him play a couple games back in the day when he was averaging 24ppg.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

One thing about this trade: I'm VERY happy for Shannon Brown. I wish he could've blossomed with us but it was very obvious that Mike Brown was never going to let him grow as a player. Once i realized that me and my roommates were actually hoping for Shannon to get traded so he could finally go to a coach that would let him develop. Watch i guarantee you that within the next few years Shannon will be one of those ex-Cavs players that have people going "why the hell did we let him go?"
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

i know wat u mean about shannon brown. he was a really nice player, similar to monta ellis who is now a very popular player. shannon brown is going 2 blossom hes such an athletic freak its going 2 happen.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:51 AM   #5
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

wallys fg% is so small now
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: