Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 02-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #16
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation
Default Re: [ this is a Blockbuster ]

I'm not sure where you Bulls fans are going on talking about Wallace and his contract, Him and Hughes' contracts get closer in salary over the next 2 years, so it's no big deal. Chicago needed a big man and traded 2 big men for another guard with a hugh deal and one mediocre inconsistent big man in Gooden, which should fit Chicago, you better hope that when Gooden is playing bad that Gordon is on fire, and when Gordon is off that Gooden is on fire, that's your only hopes for Gooden. If Hughes keeps producing like he has over the past month, then you will be happy. Yes Hughes had a 40 point game, but for us Cavs fans that's equivilant to the 19 rebound game Wallace had, we'll take 10+ rebounds from Wallace, good D and 0 Points. That means the 12-18 jumpers Hughes takes can go to Wally, West, Gibson, which I'm sure those guys can make a higher percentage.

Chicago got a nice deal, but Brown and Simmons won't be much of anything. Are you going to resign Brown, when you have Hinrich, Duhon, Sefolosha, Hughes big contract, and Gordon wanting a big contract, and then Noci and Deng at the 3, where does Shannon Brown fit in?? You guys will let him go like we were going to do. Simmons you'll keep, simply cuz you have no big men now, and Tyrus Thomas is not a big man.

Cleveland overall upgrades, Gooden could score, but only did when he wasn't splitting time with AV, when he split time he was useless. Hughes has been bad for 2 and a half years, we've won 50 games without him, we went to the finals with him being injured, and the only good thing about him is his Defense, and if Pavlovic can play like last year, we didn't lose anything. We have a nice frontline and can hang with the other top teams in the East, and maybe contend with San Antonio, cuz that'll be the team from the West to show in the finals.

We do nothing to our future financial situation, we still have a lot of contracts expiring next season, and we pay more luxury this season which I don't give a damn if a millionaire pays a few extra million. And Hughes and Wallaces contracts expire at the same time, and I assume Wallace will play better in Cleveland, which he will, cuz we aren't expecting as much out of him as Chicago was, he had no other big men to play with or any other Veterans other than Joe Smith, with us he plays with Av, Smith, Z, and LeBron those are big men and some leaders and veterans to play with, like when he played with Detroit, and if Wally, West, and Smith can produce offensively Wallace can average 1 Point a game but along with 12 rebounds and he'll be cheered greatly.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:07 PM   #17
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

This was a great trade, I definitely think your team has improved a great deal. My hat off to Ferry that move, Big Ben will be much more effective at PF and I'm guessing his effort will jump to a high level once again. Delonte West will be a good PG he is underrated. Believe it or not Smith will also help a lot. Congrats Cavs Fans.

Last edited by Ryansrams : 02-22-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #18
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

Congrats Cavs! Big Bulls fan here. The truth is..Wallace never lacked effort. He was alone in the middle. Joe Smith floats around the free throw line and wings. All Wallace ever needed was a big to help out down low. With Ilgauskas next to him, he will be great for you guys! You guys will love Joe Smith also after he hits five 15 foot jumpers in a row. He has a great mid range shot. Wally is good too. The last game Wally played against the Bulls..I was surprised how well he shot and how aggressive he was. Wally will be what Luke Jackson was suppose to be for the Cavs. As far as West is concerned..I have no clue, never really pay attention to his game. I think the trade was good for the Bulls too..more pieces...which will allow them to package Gordon, Nocioni and whatevere else, for a big like Brand ..MAYBE. Time will tell. Keep Wallace was a waste....he had no help over here. Good luck Cavs....and PLEASE beat the Pistons!!!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #19
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
The Cavs gave up a lot of their youth and depth for some established veterans and a shaky young combo guard. I'm not sure I like the trade from a Cavs POV.

How much longer will 33 year old Ben Wallace, 32 year old Joe Smith, 32 year old Big Z, and 30 year old injury prone Wally Sczzcczcerbikiak, continue to be able to produce, play big minutes, and stay healthy/injury free? The Cavs frontcourt just got very old.

Are you kidding me? Did you look at the length of their contracts? I think Joe Smith has one year left, Ben Wallace two, and the other two guys expire after this season, if not, the year after.

Age doesn't even come into play. These guys will be gone if they don't perform, and the Cavs will have a chance to completely remake the team one more time before Lebron's contract is up.

Our salary cap number got bigger, but we picked up players with less years left on their contract. It was a smart trade all around.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:57 PM   #20
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Good to see Cleveland has balls, this might pay off come playoff time. Wallace appears to be deteriorating, as well as Wally (though he hasn't gotten much playing time, to be fair). I personally think a change of scenery will help get their careers back on track. Seattle gets short contracts, just not much talent, and Chicago got a nice shakeup, showing they have balls as well, though that's a pretty young front line now without Smith and Wallace. Hughes should be a good backup for Gordon. I think it was a nice trade for all three teams.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:54 AM   #21
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

i give the trade 6.5/10
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: