Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 02-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default How come it's so quiet in here?

dallas has had a great team for many years now. so why is the team forum so quiet?

and let me ask you a side question- how much did it take out of you blowing the series against the heat? and getting upset by the warriors?

in other words, just painful learning experiences or a little bit depressing?

either way, the mavs still seem like a great org to me with a talented young coach and talented players. altho really, was it really necessary to throw in diop? as primarily a nets fan (but also a huge kidd fan), i can't say we really needed him and his loss seems to hurt the mavs.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:42 PM   #2
chanchan05
I airball my layups

chanchan05 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How come it's so quiet in here?

sometimes I feel like Im the only one reading this forum apart from you gigantes...
chanchan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far

check out www.Dallas-Mavs.com TONS and TONS of traffic there.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:41 PM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
check out www.Dallas-Mavs.com TONS and TONS of traffic there.
okay, i'll sign up and start reading and posting, but...

ISH is one of the top (if not the best) basketball forums on the net. why do you figure so many mavs fans are avoiding it?
Old 02-22-2008, 11:47 PM   #5
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

.....because Nets fans rule, and Mavs fans don't. jk
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:10 PM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

now who's gonna turn that frown upside down? :)
Old 02-23-2008, 05:48 PM   #7
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

It's quiet in here because many of the Mavs regulars on ISH also post on the DB.com Mavericks board as well.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:38 PM   #8
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

After trading for J-kidd he has been playing worse than his final weeks with NJ who wants to talk about the mavs
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #9
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think its just more that other Mavs centric forums are more popular.

www.Dallasbasketball.com is greatness IMO.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:41 PM   #10
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Except for Kent and myself, haven't seen anyone really stick around here that long. Post for a bit and that's it. Big Al I've seen around lately. And Stevie is usually in the main forum or another board, but he does pop in now and then.

But hey, jump right in and say something if you want to. I'll try to answer and keep things going with you. Saw some of the earlier posts from Kidd fans coming on board. But then with all the problems, thought it would be better for the thing to get finalized before saying something.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:49 PM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

thanks. okay then, here's a question- what do you think of the trade?
Old 02-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #12
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

I like it, quite frankly because a change was needed. I think Dallas got as far as they could with Harris and Diop. Both of those guys were important, especially in beating the Spurs but Dallas' offense had become incredibly predictable and boring with the isolations that they needed Kidd to come and transform the offense into more of a team-game. We still have to see how Dallas can play with the Spurs because Harris has played well against them but I think I am willing to sacrifice Harris' strengths if it means having a player like Kidd who can make everyone, from Dirk to Dampier, better. Kidd maximizes the talent on the roster. I think he can turn streaky players like Stack, Terry, George into consistent threats. People talk about the Mavs losing depth but that depth was overrated. Give me a rotation of 8-9 players that can all contribute with Kidd over a crowded 11-man rotation with players who can't seem to get into the game consistently.

As for people saying Dallas' window has now gotten VERY short with Kidd instead of Harris, well...Dallas' window has never changed. Dirk Nowitzki is still the franchise. It would have been the same with Harris or without him because the team goes as far as Dirk takes them. Let's say he has 3 years of being an elite player left. Give me those three years with Kidd over Harris. What's the point of having Harris in 5-6 years when Dirk is old and not a top player anymore?
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #13
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

I liked the trade for the most part. Wish they didn't give up Diop, but hopefully they are working on another big man to play behind Damp. They needed to do something, you could see in their play before the trade that they just didn't have a spark. And even though they've only played Memphis and Minny last couple of games, you can really see a difference in the team. They are hustling, moving the ball around more, just a noticable difference in the energy.

But with the west being so tight and just the smallest slump can get you out of the playoffs, they need to gel as soon as possible. And I think they can. Kidd is already making it easier for everyone, and that's only going to improve with time.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:36 AM   #14
yclau
Can barely lace up my sneakers

yclau has an OK reputation so far

if kidd needs to guard the likes of parker, paul, nash etc....i reckon johnson should take advantage of kidd size and strength....put kidd in the post and post up the oppposition pg and get them bang up down low.....i reckon this could slow down the opposition pg since they would be wastin alot of energy to guard kidd in the post......and also wif kidd's passin, he will be a threat down on the block......so i reckon by doin this,,,kidd wouldnt get abuse on the defensive end against the quicker pgs....
yclau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:17 AM   #15
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Stevie
I like it, quite frankly because a change was needed. I think Dallas got as far as they could with Harris and Diop. Both of those guys were important, especially in beating the Spurs but Dallas' offense had become incredibly predictable and boring with the isolations that they needed Kidd to come and transform the offense into more of a team-game. We still have to see how Dallas can play with the Spurs because Harris has played well against them but I think I am willing to sacrifice Harris' strengths if it means having a player like Kidd who can make everyone, from Dirk to Dampier, better.

I think that was the real problem. The team was built to beat the Spurs and nobody else.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: