Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 02-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #1
Irk Woodsman
I airball my layups

Irk Woodsman has an OK reputation so far
Default Disappointed on the lack of a trade?

I thought I would be more upset if we didn't get something done yesterday. Bringing in Mike Miller did interest be a bit I must say. But I am very happy that we didn't make a trade just for the sake of making a trade. J.O.'s value is at an all-time low right now, Our leverage will raise as his contract gets shorter or his knees get better. Even if he opts out later and we get nothing, it's better than taking crap now.
Irk Woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Disappointed on the lack of a trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irk Woodsman
I thought I would be more upset if we didn't get something done yesterday. Bringing in Mike Miller did interest be a bit I must say. But I am very happy that we didn't make a trade just for the sake of making a trade. J.O.'s value is at an all-time low right now, Our leverage will raise as his contract gets shorter or his knees get better. Even if he opts out later and we get nothing, it's better than taking crap now.

yeah, that's true. it's always better to wait and not jump on the 1st deal you find. i just hope JO gets back in his groove.

i don't think bringing in mike miller would help any.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am very dissapointed that no trades were done. We must have some lazy MFers in our front office to where we can find absolutely NO trades whatsoever that would help out our pathetic season. I mean come on, ZERO TRADES looked tempting? I don't believe it. Just look at Cleveland and what they did. They brought in some key role players that may turn their season around. What did we do? Jack ****. Sat on our asses and appluaded everybody else making moves.

**** the Pacers.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime

**** the Pacers.

blasphemy.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm a pissed off Pacers fan.

Nice avatar by the way
Old 02-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
I'm a pissed off Pacers fan.

Nice avatar by the way

i'm on a hendrix kick.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:09 PM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

bird is saying we are going to change. here's the interview...

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/bird_080222.html

says he's disappointed in marquis daniels' play. hint of a future trade?
Old 02-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #8
Irk Woodsman
I airball my layups

Irk Woodsman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
bird is saying we are going to change. here's the interview...

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/bird_080222.html

says he's disappointed in marquis daniels' play. hint of a future trade?
Called his butt out, ouch. I was very excited about marquis coming here and he has been a bit of a disappointment this year. I wonder how bad his knees are hurting him, he rarely takes it to the hole like he used to.
Irk Woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:09 AM   #9
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

**** the Pacers.
Chill bro, chill.

Do you really have me on your ignore list, btw?
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:16 AM   #10
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irk Woodsman
Called his butt out, ouch. I was very excited about marquis coming here and he has been a bit of a disappointment this year. I wonder how bad his knees are hurting him, he rarely takes it to the hole like he used to.

he was awesome on the mavs. he can do just about everything except shoot. he's got a great story too, ya know, not getting drafted and then becoming a key player down in DAL. hope he gets and stays healthy.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:29 PM   #11
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
he was awesome on the mavs. he can do just about everything except shoot. he's got a great story too, ya know, not getting drafted and then becoming a key player down in DAL. hope he gets and stays healthy.
I know! He was averaging like 20 ppg at the end of his rookie year when he was starting, it's like he doesn't want to push himself anymore. I heard he was just sitting out the end of the year last year, just to sit out. Seems like a pretty weak-minded player. Yes, he has the talent, but does he have the heart and motivation to help a struggling team?
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:21 AM   #12
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Bird was talking about some trade that was being considered and if the teams involved dont improve, then they will start talks again in the summer
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:20 AM   #13
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
Bird was talking about some trade that was being considered and if the teams involved dont improve, then they will start talks again in the summer

something big will probably happen then. i expect JO to be gone.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #14
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

we need to trade JO and Tinsely for a good draft pick...Ive officially given up on those 2 players. They are great to have, but theyre rarely health.
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #15
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Do you really have me on your ignore list, btw?

Haha, no man I was just kiddding.

Where in Indy are you living at now? I live on the southside but work in the middle of downtown.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: