Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
jolas
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jolas has an OK reputation so far
Default phoenix suns will win the championship...

because of shaq and the trend of the nba over the years which tim duncan and shaq dominated...

2000- lakers shaq
2001- lakers shaq
2002- lakers shaq
2003- spurs duncan
2004- detroit could have been shaq's lakers if they didnt lose
2005- spurs duncan
2006- miami shaq
2007- spurs duncan
2008- phoenix shaq (i thought the trend would stop before the phoenix trade)
jolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: phoenix suns will win the championship...

I see that your posting is only 5, so I won't be TOO harsh on you, but you failed to factor in that a) the Lakers won the season series so IF the Suns keep pace, the division goes to the Lakers and therefore b) the Lakers will hold home court advantage - which is huge in their series.

Another factor - Shaq came out with a lot of passion in the Suns game the other night. The Suns played the BEST they could play, and still came up short. And that was with the Lakers without 2 of their top 8 in the rotation - Bynum and Ariza. Once Bynum returns, the Stoudemire/Shaq combo will be nullified because AB can more than hold his own against Shaq. And Shaq has had problems in the past guarding quicker post positions - see Olajuwan, Duncan, Yao, etc.

Plus - as shown in the game on Wednesday - the Suns do not have anyone that can guard Kobe successfully since they got rid of Marion.

Suns winning the Ship? nah - not going to happen.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Congratulations to the Suns for winning the NBA Championship.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #4
Crash
Its Showtime

Crash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this board

Glad I know this, i wont waste my time watching anymore ball till next year.

Thanks for the heads up.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

"Trends" are made to end ...... By virtue of the word -- "TREND"!!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #6
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the Suns are 1-2 on a very tough 12 game stretch, PHX might be out of the playoff picture by then lol.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

And they say our fans are retarded.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #8
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
the Suns are 1-2 on a very tough 12 game stretch, PHX might be out of the playoff picture by then lol.

I'm for one glad Phoenix is out on the road and it will make or break them this will be there test just like when we went on the road. However, we are the TEAM to beat but, let's not forget the road however still goes though the Spurs which is the champs right now but, not for long
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #9
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolas
because of shaq and the trend of the nba over the years which tim duncan and shaq dominated...

2000- lakers shaq
2001- lakers shaq
2002- lakers shaq
2003- spurs duncan
2005- spurs duncan
2006- miami shaq
2007- spurs duncan

What an amazing intellect!
I especially like the part about 2004, where the "trend" failed, but would not have had Shaq's Lakers not lost to Detroit.
Shaq looked pretty good on Wednesday, but it remains to be seen how he holds up the remainder of the season.
Also, don't forget that we were without Bynum, who absolutely dominated you guys this year, and Ariza, who is our best perimeter defender (save Kobe), and yet we were still to much for you guys to handle, even though we were on a back to back and you well rested and at home.
It was a great game though.
But, if Bynum and Ariza return and are healthy, IMO we'll be too much for the Suns in a 7 game series.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

2000- lakers shaq
2001- lakers shaq
2002- lakers shaq
2003- spurs duncan
2005- spurs duncan
2006- miami shaq
2007- spurs duncan

The trend isn't a good reason to predict phoenix.

In case you're not a stats guy, allow me to rock your world (no pun intended). The lakers usually win games by out rebounding them and by getting more assists than them. Here are reasons we should definitely read into this win:

1) We were outrebounded 46-33 and still won
2) we were out assisted 26-18 and still won
3) Bynum didn't play
4) Ariza didnt play
5) It was a road game and we still won

So just imagine for a second, what if we tied on rebounding and assisting, and got Bynum and Ariza back in that game healthy like they were before the injuries....You would think we would have won by at least 20. And in front of a hostile phoenix crowd. That's the best we're ever going to see Shaq play.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #11
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

2000- lakers shaq
2001- lakers shaq
2002- lakers shaq
2003- spurs duncan
2005- spurs duncan
2006- miami shaq
2007- spurs duncan

Well it's good to know that the Lakers have no chance... I guess the Lakers might as well keep Bynum on the IR for the rest of the year since the Suns are the champs... congratulations Suns, you won the championship becuase Jolas said so....
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #12
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board

Quote:

2000- lakers shaq
2001- lakers shaq
2002- lakers shaq
2003- spurs duncan
2005- spurs duncan
2006- miami shaq
2007- spurs duncan

...Don't take the bait, fellow educated Laker fans. Don't bite the hook. This is obviously a feeble attempt to spark anarchy and chaos. Or...just semihumorous slapstick. Slackuille O'Meal is done. If Phoenix wins the championship, it will be because of Nash and the run n' gun.
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:56 PM   #13
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board

OOPS! I just realized that you are a rookie lurker. Perhaps I was a bit too snappy on ya. However, I could not disagree more.
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #14
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
The trend isn't a good reason to predict phoenix.

In case you're not a stats guy, allow me to rock your world (no pun intended). The lakers usually win games by out rebounding them and by getting more assists than them. Here are reasons we should definitely read into this win:

1) We were outrebounded 46-33 and still won
2) we were out assisted 26-18 and still won
3) Bynum didn't play
4) Ariza didnt play
5) It was a road game and we still won

So just imagine for a second, what if we tied on rebounding and assisting, and got Bynum and Ariza back in that game healthy like they were before the injuries....You would think we would have won by at least 20. And in front of a hostile phoenix crowd. That's the best we're ever going to see Shaq play.
hey i'm a Suns fan but i noticed you forgot another key factor. the game was part of a back to back for the Lakers as well. granted ya'll blew the Hawks out and rested most if not all the starters for the 4th quarter in that game! i think the Suns looked to have some 'all star' rust if you know what i mean lol! they played a little off, but then again they were trying to incorporate Shaq into a actual game not just a practice, so i think a few more games they will get a nice rhythm, but all in all great game to watch and nice win for the Lakers! see you in the playoffs, haha!
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #15
kgisbigticket
Banned

kgisbigticket has an OK reputation so far

They will get to the finals but Boston will crush them.
kgisbigticket is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: