Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #1
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far
Default Lakers will have 1st place to themselves this weekend!

If the Suns dont lose to the Celtics tonight, they will most likely lose in Detroit Sunday. Meanwhile, the Lakers are at home tomorrow against the Clippers Looking at the two teams schedules, I dont think the Suns will ever see 1st place again this year!
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Lakers will have 1st place to themselves this weekend!

^I understand what you are saying but, this is why we play the game so, lets not put the cart before the horse. Sorry I'm listening to the Democratic Debate in Texas. But, Lakers has a chance to put some space between them and Phoenix let's hope the suns has a hard time on the road.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

Actually, it's scheduled as an away game against the Clippers, but we all know who the fans will come to see.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #4
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

I was just sitting here thinking about the Clippers game tomorrow, and I couldn't help but think how Gasol feels about the excitement and/but pressue cooker that he's been through already as a Laker. Don't get me wrong .... I'm sure he's absolutely LOVING it, but just think what this guy has been through since becoming a Lakers:

4 out of the 9 games he has played with the Lakers have been HUGE games for him and for the Lakers ......

New Jersey -- His first game as a Laker. You know he was really nervous.

** Then there were 5 games in-between to get to know the team and gel better.

BUT then the next 3 games --

Atlanta -- His first "Home" game as a Laker. (with tons of interviews also) Another pressure-cooker game for him.

Suns -- Need I say more!!! The biggest regular season game of the year for all NBA fans. The Lakers biggest rival, PLUS Shaq's big debut. Another BIG pressure-cooker game.

Clippers -- And now .. The Lakers cross-city rivals (which is always an important game for the Lakers and Laker fans - especially if you live in L.A.). Plus wanting to hold on to 1st place. So, another pressure-cooker game.

I mean, man, Pau is probably wondering if the Lakers ever have just a "normal game". I know all games are important, but, my gosh, this guy's head must be swirling. Let's also remember that in-between all these games, he was flying thousands of miles back-and-forth.....Plus the pressure of being EXPECTED to win!!!

I APPLAUD YOU, PAU!!!!!!

Last edited by Kappy : 02-22-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #5
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

I think they will be #1 by tonight! Go Lakers!
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:27 AM   #6
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
I think they will be #1 by tonight! Go Lakers!

Even if PHX had lossed we'd still be a 1/2 game behind Hornets.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:58 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
Even if PHX had lossed we'd still be a 1/2 game behind Hornets.

Tomorrow we will beat the clippers which will give us first place.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:25 AM   #8
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Tomorrow we will beat the clippers which will give us first place.

I know that...he said tonight. :)
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:12 AM   #9
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

I meant 1st place in the division, not the conference. Suns got lucky tonight, caught all the Celtics on an off night haha
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #10
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
I meant 1st place in the division, not the conference. Suns got lucky tonight, caught all the Celtics on an off night haha

Man I saw that game, Boston's offense was gawd aweful!!!! I think they had 3 turnovers in a row on fast breaks, that has to be the worst offensive performance of the year by the C's.

The C's in general are struggling on this west coast roady. Why couldn't we get them when they were down lol.

PHX has DET up next and we have the Clips, I like that :)
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #11
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn....hope so. We need to get the lead and keep it!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #12
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

Even with the Celtics playing their worst game of the season, the Suns still only won by 8. That's not very good!!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #13
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you guys lose tonight, I will seriously LOL my ass off.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #14
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
If you guys lose tonight, I will seriously LOL my ass off.
that's fair..i been laughing at the clippers for 20 years
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #15
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
that's fair..i been laughing at the clippers for 20 years

Oh ouch.... i don't think there's a comeback for that!

Actually, I hate making predictions like this and looking too far ahead. One game at a time is my comfort zone. I hope they come to play this game in a focused way. If they do, they win. If they don't, we could be in for a rough go.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: