Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 08-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default Playoffs?

Do you Warrior fans really think GSW will make the playoffs this year. i doubt it, thats what you guys said last year after getting Davis. But that just made it worse. If the Warriors can focus and play as a team (hem hem Davis) then they coul probably make 8th.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

I think in the West, there might be many surprises in the playoffs. GS can slide in there if Baron plays like his old self and the rest of the starters step up their level of game.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

In my book GS is a lock for the playoffs. They are definitly a better team than some of the others in their division. They need to focus on the vocal points of their offense. J-Rich and Davis can really work well together in the open court, they need to force steals and play tight D so they can get opencourt oppurtunitys. They have some good young talent as well.
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #4
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
In my book GS is a lock for the playoffs. They are definitly a better team than some of the others in their division. They need to focus on the vocal points of their offense. J-Rich and Davis can really work well together in the open court, they need to force steals and play tight D so they can get opencourt oppurtunitys. They have some good young talent as well.

are u kidding me? a LOCK? u gotta be kidding...or ur on crack or some ****. HTF are the a lock? There are 4 teams that are sure fire better, no questions asked, and those are phoenix, dallas, san antonio, and the clippers. Then u gotta take into account that the kings, hornets, rockets(if healthy), denver, utah(if healthy), and the lakers will all be better. Most likely memphis too. So that leaves u guys, the t-wolves(who will probly be better also), the blazers, and the sonics. U guys wont be better than seattle either if they resign wilcox. So u will probly be 14th in the west. 2nd to last place.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:14 AM   #5
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

You have 0 basketball knowledge. GS wasn't healthy all this year either you moron! Davis was out for most of the season, and when he did play he wasn't at 100%. Utah will never be healthy enough to make the playoffs. Lakers are out of playoff contention for a while, with all the other teams improving a lot. Seattle is terrible, Wilcox doesn't make THAT MUCH of an impact on the team. That puts the West like this

1. Dallas
2. Phoenix
3. Denver
4. San Antonio
5. Los Angelas (Clippers)
6. Rockets
7. Kings
8. WARRIORS

see moron
Old 08-08-2006, 10:47 AM   #6
Raildog
I airball my layups

Raildog has an OK reputation so far

cant see it happening...

they are a jump shooting team who play soft d!

saying that if....
Raildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:49 PM   #7
The Real GM
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Real GM has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation

The playoffs will not look like that and raildog the Warriors just think their a jump shooting team, because they take the most 3 pt. attempts in the league and are last in 3 pt. %. The playoffs will look like this and Golden State is nowhere to be seen.

(no particular order)
Spurs
Suns
Mavs
Clippers
Grizzlies
Jazz
Lakers
Rockets

The Kings lost Adleman and will lose Wells. Artest will not energize the team as much as he did last year. Denver still has no shooting (don't tell me J.R. Smith is a legit shooter) and lost their best shooter, Greg Buckner. They played like the worst team in the playoffs. Teams figured them out by allowing them to shoot the jumper and packing the lane with to cover the bigs. Houston will make the playoffs assuming their healthy and Battier will fit nicely with Van Gundy's style. The Jazz have done a nice job this offseason keeping chemistry and drafting well. Remember Sloan is a great coach and will have them playing the right way. The Lakers have Phil, enough said and the other teams were in your playoff picture Knicks Fan 4 life. That's what I think, what would you guys say to that?
The Real GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #8
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
You have 0 basketball knowledge. GS wasn't healthy all this year either you moron! Davis was out for most of the season, and when he did play he wasn't at 100%. Utah will never be healthy enough to make the playoffs. Lakers are out of playoff contention for a while, with all the other teams improving a lot. Seattle is terrible, Wilcox doesn't make THAT MUCH of an impact on the team. That puts the West like this

1. Dallas
2. Phoenix
3. Denver
4. San Antonio
5. Los Angelas (Clippers)
6. Rockets
7. Kings
8. WARRIORS

see moron

see, ur the f*cking moron, u said they are a lock and u have them making fuc*king 8th seed, htf is that a lock? Los Angeles is outta contention???? Um, they kinda made it last year 7th seed, they have this 1 guy named kobe, i havnt really seen him before but i heard he had a 81 point game and that he was scoring champ, idk if that means anything to u...If they added radmanovic and all u guys did was lose fisher then how the f*ck would they get worse while u catapult 4 spots or so in the standings. U have no fuc*ing clue. Utah is a better team even if they aren't healthy all year, and seattle is better also. And about ur $hitty playoff standings, u obvioulsy have a 0 basketball IQ cuz ur not taking into account the new format. Denver would be 4th seed if they won division cuz the other 3 will have better records. U obviously are too high off of jared jeffries right now, which by the way will screw u up more, that u can't even talk with any common sense. I can't believe u even signed up in this forum cuz u dont kno jack $hit.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #9
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

and to real gm, some1 who actually knows basketball, i agree with most of the picks. This would be my order:

1. Dallas
2. Phoenix
3. San Antonio
4. Utah
5. Clippers
6. Hornets
7. Lakers
8. Rockets
Old 08-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #10
xfactor99
I hit open layups

xfactor99 has an OK reputation so far

Maybe if we dump Montgomery and get a coach that can whip these kids in shape, we would have a fighting chance. As it stands right now, we have a dysfunctional team, with the point guard ignoring the coach's orders, a guard-dominated offense, and a smorgasbord of mediocre young players in the interior. Unless we improve our league-low FG%, we won't be sniffing the playoffs.

We either need to get rid of Davis or Dunleavy. They can't play with each other. On second thought get rid of Murphy too, there's nothing he can do that our other interior players can't, except shoot 20-foot jumpers, and his price tag is too high for such an asset.

The team's pretty much been a joke for the last decade. I see no reason that's gonna change.
xfactor99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #11
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor99
Maybe if we dump Montgomery and get a coach that can whip these kids in shape, we would have a fighting chance. As it stands right now, we have a dysfunctional team, with the point guard ignoring the coach's orders, a guard-dominated offense, and a smorgasbord of mediocre young players in the interior. Unless we improve our league-low FG%, we won't be sniffing the playoffs.

We either need to get rid of Davis or Dunleavy. They can't play with each other. On second thought get rid of Murphy too, there's nothing he can do that our other interior players can't, except shoot 20-foot jumpers, and his price tag is too high for such an asset.

The team's pretty much been a joke for the last decade. I see no reason that's gonna change.

and this is coming from a true warriors fan, so STFU KNICKS FAN 4 LIFE!
Old 08-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #12
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

Listen SixerB!tch, the Jazz totally suck! One person can not do everything, the Sixers season and the Lakers playoff series proved that. Kobe will carry the Lakers to 12th place in the West. Memphis are not going to make the playoffs. Gasol's numbers will start to decline, and the rest of the Grizzles couldn't carry a D-League team to the playoffs. If the above d!ck doesn't have faith in his team than he is not a true fan. How about an avatar bet you sick mutha *****a. If the Warriors make playoffs your gonna be sporting a Knicks avatar.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #13
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

um, not exactly...if kobe can lead them to 7th last year, then they will do just as good if not better this year, and im not protecting them cuz i dont like the lakers. U are probly some little kid that thinks sayin the word bi*ch is cool. Memphis has very solid role players, so don't diss them. And utah has a very good starting 5 with fisher off the bench, very solid team. Golden state has no shot at postseason this year, nor do the knicks so go somewhere else and praise them. U are the very reason why people get deleted from this forum.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:51 AM   #14
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Listen SixerB!tch, the Jazz totally suck! One person can not do everything, the Sixers season and the Lakers playoff series proved that. Kobe will carry the Lakers to 12th place in the West. Memphis are not going to make the playoffs. Gasol's numbers will start to decline, and the rest of the Grizzles couldn't carry a D-League team to the playoffs. If the above d!ck doesn't have faith in his team than he is not a true fan. How about an avatar bet you sick mutha *****a. If the Warriors make playoffs your gonna be sporting a Knicks avatar.

Lakers will be in the playoffs 5-7 one of them. with the roster they have. they will dominate
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:25 AM   #15
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
In my mind, this is the western conference playoffs.. Top 7 should be easy to predict. Dallas is going to lead because of their team hasn't changet too much, but they will lose in the second round. Phoenix is going to be once again fun to watch but amare is still the question. Rockets are great if healthy. And don't forget sacramento, after the artest trade they were just great last season. The 8 spot could be for denver but the warriors, lakers and memphis has a change to take it. GS has change if they somehow get rid of Dunleavy jr. and get better player for that spot. Kobe will not lead the league in scoring this season and gasol ain't the francise player to lead memphis on a better spot.

1. Dallas
2. Phoenix
3. (4) San Antonio
4. (3) Sacramento
5. Clippers
6. (4) Rockets
7. Hornets
8. Warriors/Lakers/Memphis/Denver
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: