Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-23-2008, 12:42 AM   #1
IMmichael
Can barely lace up my sneakers

IMmichael has an OK reputation so far
Default Dj Mbenga or jammal magloire

see the nets waived magloire today but i guess he is injury prone would you let DJ go for jammal
IMmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dj Mbenga or jammal magloire

No because 1) DJ is a good guy and 2) We don't need Magloire.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:04 AM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Magloire is very egotistical and immediately becomes useless when he doesn't start.

He's a me me me type of player and I would rather have Mbenga because Magloire can't jump anyways. At least Mbenga can shot block.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Dont we still have an open spot? Why couldnt we keep both?
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:56 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
Dont we still have an open spot? Why couldnt we keep both?

Because when Bynum returns that will give us about 6 centers on the roster.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:28 AM   #6
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Because when Bynum returns that will give us about 6 centers on the roster.

Maggloire is like 6'10 right? Ya could always use depth at PF.

In all honesty I think we are good as is cuz we have our pop up 3 point shooters, our lock down defenders, and our streakers. We just need health.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:42 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
Maggloire is like 6'10 right? Ya could always use depth at PF.

In all honesty I think we are good as is cuz we have our pop up 3 point shooters, our lock down defenders, and our streakers. We just need health.

He's slow, he can't jump, he's very unathletic and has no outside game.

He's done
Old 02-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #8
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
He's slow, he can't jump, he's very unathletic and has no outside game.

He's done

Those are too many compliments to bestow on anyone
Old 02-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #9
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Magloire still has some life in him... I know he hasn't played much
this year, but I do like the idea of adding depth at the PF/C spot.
SAN is loading up with bigs...PHX got bigger...DAL is deep!!!!

If he clears waivers and we can pick him for the min...then maybe.
Brent Barry could be a good addition as well....he has playoff
experience.

Hmmmmmm......
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #10
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

To me it looks like the Lakers are not planning any more moves for now.. so they will most likely stick with Mbenga.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan

experience.

Hmmmmmm......

We're deeper than any of those teams.

We're better off trust me. Magloire has an undeserved ego and he usually gets mad when he isn't given a big role. It's pretty dumb to add someone like him especially with how well we're doing right now.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #12
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan

experience.

Hmmmmmm......

Dal is not deep, not after the Kidd trade.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #13
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
We're deeper than any of those teams.

We're better off trust me. Magloire has an undeserved ego and he usually gets mad when he isn't given a big role. It's pretty dumb to add someone like him especially with how well we're doing right now.

Nah, no more egos. I didnt know that of Maggs. Its why I wouldnt want Artest despite his great play on both ends. Cancerous to chemistry.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #14
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you really wanted to add more depth down low, wouldn't you have to consider Chris Anderson? I think if the Celtics get him and Flip Murray that is going to give them the depth they lacked to make an aggressive playoff run. It would be nice if another team picked him up.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #15
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stop trying to tweak this team... Magloire, Barry, Andersen... we don't need them right now. The Lakers just need two of their guys that are on the IR to get better, and they will have 12 freaking players that can play in the rotation.

Please, just think about that for a moment. 12 players that can be inserted into the rotation at any time. I don't think any other team in the league could say that and have that flexibility.

Now, if there were season ending injuries, we would be having those kinds of conversations.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: