Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-21-2007, 12:07 AM   #61
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Default Re: OT: Transformers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
I hate it when Hollywood does this. Why change Optimus, why change Bumblebee? why change megatron?

Its like Hollywood is trying to cater to the younger generation who has not seen the cartoon of the 80's. Screw them cater to me and the guys of my generation who greew up watching these great cartoons only to see Hollywood dumb it down, or change major things.

With you 100% on that, us that watched and made the franchise what it is today (an icon) are the ones who should be catered for.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:52 AM   #62
BigRonStud
#AntiHeroRises

speaking of 80's cartoons made into movies, I'd really love to see a live action G.I. Joe Movie.
BigRonStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:00 AM   #63
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

I think I just peed my pants after watching that new trailer.

Normally I would scold a studio for giving any movie to Michael Bay, but when all I want to see is bad ass effects and explosions there is no one better (or worse?). I can't wait.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:21 AM   #64
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
I hate it when Hollywood does this. Why change Optimus, why change Bumblebee? why change megatron?

Its like Hollywood is trying to cater to the younger generation who has not seen the cartoon of the 80's. Screw them cater to me and the guys of my generation who greew up watching these great cartoons only to see Hollywood dumb it down, or change major things.

Just like the new TMNT movie was turned to a kiddie movie. ****in bas tards
Because that's whay hollywood does. Some jackass has to tell the story over again in his 'vision' or the execs come in and say 'make them look cooler' and it gets screwed. They change things for no good reason. It happened in X-Men (ruined the franchise as far as films go), LOTR, Spiderman, etc. Thanks HW for raping established franchises, reaping the benefits, and moving on to your next take-over.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:04 AM   #65
Mathius

I dunno. I get making some of the characters different. That doesn't bother me so much. But I think they should have at least made the big two, Megatron and Optimus as close to the original as possible.

I guess from what I read on the subject, the reason they went with Optimus as the bigger truck, is because it made it easier for them to animate the transformation sequence. Something about there just not being enough room for him in the smaller cab? (always worked on the cartoon ) But there's really no reason why it couldn't have been red.

Still, there were some interesting scenes planned. The new 2009 Camaro concept was supposed to be used as one transformer, while the Mustang was supposed to be on the opposite team (one a decepticon, one an autobot) and they were supposed to go head to head. That would have been cool.

However, I think they went too all out on the actual mechanics of the transformation. In the cartoon, their bodies just sort of transformed, but in the trailer for the movie, you see all kinds of servos and hydraulics and bull**** that's too hi-tech looking and really doesn't even feel like the old transformers of any kind.

In fact, there's some weird spider transformer in the trailer IIRC. Outside of the Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and the predicons from the fox transformers cartoon, there were no animal cartoons any of the other series except the insecticons and the dinobots.

It just doesn't _feel_ like the Transformers.

I'll watch it, but I seriously doubt I'll go to the theatre for it.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:10 AM   #66
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Whats next for Hollywood to dumb up, Voltron, Thundercats, He-Man? He-Man was done awhile back with Dolph Lundren.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:41 AM   #67
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

apparently they are making a brand new he-man movie???
and apparently the dude from the 300 or brad pitt were the favourites to get the role...??????

in this transformers movie i hope they have stan bushes "youve got the touch" song in there, that would make my day...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:04 PM   #68
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonStud
speaking of 80's cartoons made into movies, I'd really love to see a live action G.I. Joe Movie.

Black Hawk Down was by far my most favorite military movie ever. If they could do a live action GI Joe like that movie, I'd go.

If they tried to cheese it up like a Mission Impossible, I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
apparently they are making a brand new he-man movie???
and apparently the dude from the 300 or brad pitt were the favourites to get the role...??????

in this transformers movie i hope they have stan bushes "youve got the touch" song in there, that would make my day...

I don't know about a new He-Man. I hadn't heard about that. They brought out the new cartoon and it did ok, but only lasted 2 seasons, and the toy line failed as well because they overloaded it with too many actual he-man figures in the case counts (like the batman toys did), so the line failed.

Dunno what would prompt anyone to think a live action movie would be something that would make money.

About the only thing he-man that's still selling, is collectors are buying those "stactions" things in small quantities.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: