Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-23-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Article: cbs2.com - Bynum Will Return On Schedule, Begins Rehab

Good news on Bynum.... so far, he's healing as expected.

To view the entire article, click on the source below:
---------------------------------------------------

Quote:

He ran in a swimming pool earlier this week, which is encouraging.

But what is really important is how much that knee swells now. That could determine if and when he can come back.

By the way, I keep hearing and reading these reports that Bynum is "behind schedule" in his recovery and "could miss the rest of this year." Anybody saying that is just making it up.

The truth is that it's too early to tell what his timeline is.

I've talked to two different doctors about Bynum and they both agree about one thing: the original projection of "at least eight weeks" is still accurate.

They told me that with an injury like this, the most important thing to do is rest it for at least a month, which Bynum has done.

Now, over the next month, he'll test the knee to see how it holds up.

If it swells a lot, it's an indicator that he needs more time.

When I asked if it's unusual for a knee like that to swell after five weeks of rest, I was told, "no, it would be unusual if it didn't swell."

Source: Bynum Will Return On Schedule, Begins Rehab

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
mahu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mahu has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Article: cbs2.com - Bynum Will Return On Schedule, Begins Rehab

Some encouraging news, I can't wait...
mahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Bynum did not experience pain or swelling in his left knee the day after jogging in a swimming pool, a positive sign in the recovery process of the 20-year-old center.

"It responded great from the pool. No extra swelling, and I was able to do everything I needed to do today," he said Friday. "I think we've got about a week and a half of the pool and if I keep doing well and don't get any more swelling, then I'll actually be able to get on the treadmill. Once I'm on there, I should be able to get on the court."

The earliest Bynum would return is March 11 against Toronto, although the Lakers will take their time working him back into game action. Accordingly, he is not expected to return until an unspecified date later in March, although he seemed eager Friday.

"I think I can run," he said, smiling. "I don't want to try it right now and hurt myself."

Bynum has missed 18 games since sustaining a deep bone bruise in the knee and a partial dislocation of the kneecap Jan. 13 against Memphis.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,4866883.story
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Great news! I am having visions of Kobe and Gasol running the high pick and roll and when the pass comes into Gasol, Bynums man rotates to Gasol leaving Bynum either open or with a small defender then alley ooop!
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP

I was gonna post this LATimes Articles before I saw that you already had.

Its a great article that gives comfort when it comes to Bynum and also, at its beginning it gives a nice little piece about L.O. and his current laker situation...

Read the whole article its great...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #6
J-Roc
I brick open layups

J-Roc has an OK reputation so far

Good thing to read!
J-Roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #7
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thanks for the update SoCal.....

I just hope Bynum is back in action against the Warriors at the end of March. I plan on going to those games!!!

And once he does come back....I think we will see him in a limited role for a while until the playoffs hit. Awesome news any how!!!

GO LAKES!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Can't wait till he's back. I can't even imagine what the Lakers will be back when he returns.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #9
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Can't wait till he's back. I can't even imagine what the Lakers will be back when he returns.

We will be the top seed and kicking a$$ all the way til we get that ring!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Great news. Im glad. He will get some game experience before the playoffs start and thats most important at this point.

I just hope Ariza can heal up before the playoffs.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:10 PM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
By the way, I keep hearing and reading these reports that Bynum is "behind schedule" in his recovery and "could miss the rest of this year." Anybody saying that is just making it up.
haha can you say Bucher?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #12
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
haha can you say Pucher?

Fixed.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: