Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #16
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Default Re: Bynum out another 4-6 weeks

Quote:
Ah ok. Well unfortunatley alot of waht we read and hear is speculation. He said himself he is out another 4-6 weeks. Doctors dont even want him up off the couch he said. He still has to rehab and condition for weeks before he even walks on the court. No way he comes back March 9th.

I think you misunderstood his interview, he was doing some lighthearted joking that apparently you didn't' catch on to.

What Bynum did say, was that his rehab is on schedule, (as has every other article, interview etc.) He will be back mid-march. March 11th would be the earliest, but probably at least a few games after that as to not rush things.

As for being off the couch, that was a total joke, I don't know how you thought that was serious. There are many reports that he's already running in the pool, and no ill effects, and that he feels he could run on a treadmill now but the docs want him to do another week in the pool before that. That means he's about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks away from returning.

Last edited by Kobe4MVP : 02-24-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #17
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kobe
Fisher
Gasol
Odom
Bynum
Ariza
Vlad
Sasha
Farmar
Walton
DJ
Turiaf
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:47 PM   #18
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
I think you misunderstood his interview, he was doing some lighthearted joking that apparently you didn't' catch on to.

What Bynum did say, was that his rehab is on schedule, (as has every other article, interview etc.) He will be back mid-march. March 11th would be the earliest, but probably at least a few games after that as to not rush things.

As for being off the couch, that was a total joke, I don't know how you thought that was serious. There are many reports that he's already running in the pool, and no ill effects, and that he feels he could run on a treadmill now but the docs want him to do another week in the pool before that. That means he's about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks away from returning.

ummm, no. I Tivo'd the game and just watched it again. He said "I am about 4-6 weeks away right now". Ireland asks "So hopefully by April 1st?". Andrew gets a hmmm, I dont know look on his face and says "Its possible but we dont want to rush things right now".

So no, he will not be back in 2-3 weeks. Thanks
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #19
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
ummm, no. I Tivo'd the game and just watched it again. He said "I am about 4-6 weeks away right now". Ireland asks "So hopefully by April 1st?". Andrew gets a hmmm, I dont know look on his face and says "Its possible but we dont want to rush things right now".

So no, he will not be back in 2-3 weeks. Thanks

Dude, I know what he said, but I think even Bynum misunderstood the question (thus the 'hmmmm' answer. he didn't quite understand). He will be back before April 1. Do I need to go and post every single article that has said this from the past week? There are probably 4 or 5 of them, the latest they put him off schedule is 1 week. If he's walking around the arena with no brace or anything as he was the other day, and running in the pool with no swelling or any ill effects (plus he said he felt like he could run fine right at that moment, but the doctors told him not to) then he is doing very well and back mid-to-late March.

I don't know what to tell you, but I don't give much weight a 20 yr old kid who has admitted to being extremely nervous during TV interviews and to me seemed to be stumbling over his words. I'm going to take the word of the team physicians, coaches and management (plus the medical evidence) and say that he will be back in March. I saw the interview live, and my reaction was definitely not "he's out for 4-6 weeks" - I'm pretty sure he contradicts himself too by saying he'll be back for 15 games or so before the playoffs start.

My money is on March 21, or maybe the 23rd, as those are the first home games after a 5 game road trip which looks like the perfect opportunity to plug him back in. His original timeframe would've put him back March 10 which means he'd have to start practicing this week. The pool running means he's a week away from practicing so that post-roadie looks like the most logical time to work him back into the rotation. He'll probably come off the bench for a few games with limited minutes, and then move into the starting role after his conditioning gets better.

Also, as my final point, I think if it were true that Bynum was going to be out another 4-6 weeks, you'd be reading about it somewhere other than on a message board. That's major news, and no-one printed it, so I think it's safe to say it's probably not true.

Last edited by Kobe4MVP : 02-24-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #20
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
I don't know what to tell you, but I don't give much weight a 20 yr old kid who has admitted to being extremely nervous during TV interviews and to me seemed to be stumbling over his words.

These are very true words... remember when he dropped the F-Bomb on TV during an interview? He was totally nervous. (funny as heck if you ask me)

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:54 PM   #21
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
These are very true words... remember when he dropped the F-Bomb on TV during an interview? He was totally nervous. (funny as heck if you ask me)

I loved that.

LAmar's getting all the Fukcin boards.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

It's totally normal. In public speaking and psychology you learn that most people would rather die than speak in front of people, it's not much different with millions of viewers on TV watching you.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:59 AM   #23
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
It's totally normal. In public speaking and psychology you learn that most people would rather die than speak in front of people, it's not much different with millions of viewers on TV watching you.

Die?
Death?
Idk about that one
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:15 AM   #24
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Die?
Death?
Idk about that one

*Warning Moderately Off-Topic!

Well its the details of the study that are important here; otherwise you'll over-generalize the results. Basically they asked people to rate their "Greatest Fears," and overall, participants ranked "Public Speaking" as more terrifying/frightening/etc than death, and a bunch of other events/activities that you'd expect to be worse.

Does that mean if you gave an individual person with a forced choice between two options like--

A) DEATH BY EXECUTION or B) SPEAK IN FRONT OF A LARGE CROWD FOR 5 MINUTES

--that they would choose DEATH? Not Likely.

It simply reflects that people fear public speaking more than death (and other things) when you give them a chance to think about how bad it would be. It does not mean they would rather die than give a presentation!
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:01 AM   #25
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerDynasty00

Reported. This has nothing to do with the Lakers. Have you learned nothing from the past week?
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:21 AM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerDynasty00

Well its the details of the study that are important here; otherwise you'll over-generalize the results. Basically they asked people to rate their "Greatest Fears," and overall, participants ranked "Public Speaking" as more terrifying/frightening/etc than death, and a bunch of other events/activities that you'd expect to be worse.

Does that mean if you gave an individual person with a forced choice between two options like--

A) DEATH BY EXECUTION or B) SPEAK IN FRONT OF A LARGE CROWD FOR 5 MINUTES

--that they would choose DEATH? Not Likely.

It simply reflects that people fear public speaking more than death (and other things) when you give them a chance to think about how bad it would be. It does not mean they would rather die than give a presentation!

Thats exactly what I was talking about thanks!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:21 AM   #27
alexthegod
Local High School Star

from 2/23

Bynum did not experience pain or swelling in his left knee the day after jogging in a swimming pool, a positive sign in the recovery process of the 20-year-old center.

"It responded great from the pool. No extra swelling, and I was able to do everything I needed to do today," he said Friday. "I think we've got about a week and a half of the pool and if I keep doing well and don't get any more swelling, then I'll actually be able to get on the treadmill. Once I'm on there, I should be able to get on the court."

The earliest Bynum would return is March 11 against Toronto, although the Lakers will take their time working him back into game action. Accordingly, he is not expected to return until an unspecified date later in March, although he seemed eager Friday.

"I think I can run," he said, smiling. "I don't want to try it right now and hurt myself."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,3650768.story
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #28
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Phil was on AM570 yesterday and basically agreed they expect Bynum back in a couple of weeks.

Also, from Today's (2/26) LA Times:

Quote:
Bynum said there wasn't much swelling left in the knee, that he's walking "normally" and that he worked on his strength and balance Monday.

He is running in the swimming pool.

When Bynum was first injured, the Lakers said he'd be out a minimum of eight weeks. But there now is no timetable for his return, though he's not expected back until some time later in March.

"There's no pressure on me to come back," Bynum said. "I definitely want to get back 100 percent. That's what I plan to do, however long it takes. I still that I could make the eight-week deadline, but I'm not going to force it."
Old 03-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #29
Local High School Star

He was just being interviewed and said he didnt know when he would be back. This is already March 2nd. If he was coming back in 9 days on the 11th, I think he would know and be out of the pool and on the court. I dont think he will be back until late March/early April.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:48 PM   #30
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
He was just being interviewed and said he didnt know when he would be back. This is already March 2nd. If he was coming back in 9 days on the 11th, I think he would know and be out of the pool and on the court. I dont think he will be back until late March/early April.

yep he won't be back on 3/11 don't forget the original report was at least 8 weeks. Even if he can't come back in the regular season, he will get significant minutes in the playoffs even if its as a backup.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: