Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-24-2008, 07:58 PM   #31
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Switching Bynum with Gasol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
The best thing about Drew coming back is the defense and rebounding. He can score as well, but those are the two things we're missing most right now.

offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds, more attention off of Kobe and Gasol, more focus in the paint and less focus off the perimeter, LO can do whatever he wants on the court, and more block shots. Yep it's looking good for us Los Angelenos.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #32
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
Gasol is a better fit as a big for the Lakers than Bynum is because Gasol is a better fit for the triangle and a superior passer who is better at everything else as well..

And what says that Bynum is not? The fact of the matter is, that a great center is a good anchor in the triangle. Plus, before Andrew went down, he was proving that he is developing decent passing skills, as well as blocking skills. He actually is a sweet fit because Gasol does not want to play center but rather work from the high post, power forward position.

Quote:
Bynum coming back = less touches for Gasol = Lakers worse than they currently are.

Bynum returning changes little in the touches. If you actually watched the earlier games Andrew was mostly scoring from lobs and put backs. He was the active player, producing many second chance points.

Then you have the fact that not only is Gasol smart and will know how to adapt to Bynums game.. but also, Bynum has already been speaking about how much good potential there is at a high-low post game.

And since when is Gasol a player that is a ball hog. The beauty about his game, is that he is willing to read the defence and work the ball accordingly. He is one of the most talented, non selfish player in this league.

All this infact equals a potentially amazing Laker team rather than a worse one.

The real worry is Bynum recupperating properly this season. I have no doubt that he would work wonders with the current Laker team... but im not so sure if he will return with the proper conditioning and health that would be required to fit in adequetly.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #33
theballerFKA Ace
Good High School Starter

theballerFKA Ace has an OK reputation so far

I would absolutely hate to choose between Gasol and Bynum but if I was forced to choose between the two I would take Bynum. The guy is such a monster and intimidating presence down low, all the while being the 6th youngest player in the league. I'm just so glad that we get to have both. I want to see the 2 play together so bad it hurts.
theballerFKA Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:31 PM   #34
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

don juan de marco has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by theballerFKA Ace
I would absolutely hate to choose between Gasol and Bynum but if I was forced to choose between the two I would take Bynum. The guy is such a monster and intimidating presence down low, all the while being the 6th youngest player in the league. I'm just so glad that we get to have both. I want to see the 2 play together so bad it hurts.

you take bynum and Luke, while ill take Gasol.
don juan de marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #35
theballerFKA Ace
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by don juan de marco
you take bynum and Luke, while ill take Gasol.

I don't understand the reason of lumping Luke in with Bynum other than trying to point out that both their games haven't been that strong this year maybe?
Old 02-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #36
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I don't understand the reason of lumping Luke in with Bynum other than trying to point out that both their games haven't been that strong this year maybe?

doesnt make sense bynum was beasting before the injury. and he brought defense as well.
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #37
Bruinlove
Banned

Bruinlove has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
you may think whatever you want about bynum's future potential, but right now, difference between him and gasol is leaps and bounds.

gasol averages nearly 20 and 10 for the career, and can create for himself at the highest level. he's shooting 64% since coming to lakers while scoring 22 ppg. that's essentially the biggest difference, 1v1 post offense. it's really the game changing ability. bynum still hasn't shown ability to dominate the post at the offensive end on consistent, day to day basis.
Bynum is a beast in the post. He has more moves than most bigmen about 90% of the bigmen in the league.
1v1 he tears elite centers such as dwight Howard and Tim Duncan apart. The reason he doesn't average a buttload of points is because they hardly run any plays for him, and I can tell that you are bringing up scoring averages because you haven't seen Bynum play this year. Pau is a much better passer though
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #38
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinlove
Bynum is a beast in the post. He has more moves than most bigmen about 90% of the bigmen in the league.
1v1 he tears elite centers such as dwight Howard and Tim Duncan apart. The reason he doesn't average a buttload of points is because they hardly run any plays for him, and I can tell that you are bringing up scoring averages because you haven't seen Bynum play this year. Pau is a much better passer though

C'mon dont go overboard. yes bynum had a good game vs Tim and Howard, but that doesnt make him better. anyone can have a bad day. Bynum is only better than Gasol at blocks and rebounds and everything else Gasol wins. check out the stats
http://www.nba.com/lakers/stats/
Old 02-24-2008, 09:04 PM   #39
theballerFKA Ace
Good High School Starter

Quote:
C'mon dont go overboard. yes bynum had a good game vs Tim and Howard, but that doesnt make him better. anyone can have a bad day. Bynum is only better than Gasol at blocks and rebounds and everything else Gasol wins. check out the stats
http://www.nba.com/lakers/stats/

Everything else? You obviously just started watching the Lakers play and have never seen Bynum play. Plus those pesky rebounds and blocks are sort of important for an NBA big man.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #40
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

Bynum is not quite the polished player people are making him to be. He's still very raw but coming into his own. Before he got injured he was playing very well and rebounding very well. He still needs a stronger base and his offensive moves are not even close to that of Pau's. A lot of his offense is created for him by other players. That being said who gives a crap who's better? All I know is when they both play at the same time the Lakers are going to be hard to defend. I just want to see them play together. Neither one are going anywhere soon.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #41
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Everything else? You obviously just started watching the Lakers play and have never seen Bynum play. Plus those pesky rebounds and blocks are sort of important for an NBA big man.

heck yeah..not to mention that his lenght alone makes many alter their shots...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #42
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
Bynum is not quite the polished player people are making him to be. He's still very raw but coming into his own. Before he got injured he was playing very well and rebounding very well. He still needs a stronger base and his offensive moves are not even close to that of Pau's. A lot of his offense is created for him by other players. That being said who gives a crap who's better? All I know is when they both play at the same time the Lakers are going to be hard to defend. I just want to see them play together. Neither one are going anywhere soon.

Damn skippy.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #43
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

Quote:

please im the last person here u can say that i barely started watching the lakers play. i know all there strenghts and weaknesses. yeah have you seen bynum play? lol dont act like he is on Gasol level kid. Have u seen Gasol play in the olympics? the guy is a stud. plus he has a pretty good jump shot for a 7 footer. the Man can do it all. Gasol demands double teams while as of right now Bynum doesnt. When Bynum plays u dont see teams running at him to double team him, but with Gasol you do see that. Gasol makes everyone job easier cant u tell from Kobe always smiling and Lamar having so much freedom to do his job
Old 02-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #44
theballerFKA Ace
Good High School Starter

Quote:
please im the last person here u can say that i barely started watching the lakers play. i know all there strenghts and weaknesses. yeah have you seen bynum play? lol dont act like he is on Gasol level kid. Have u seen Gasol play in the olympics? the guy is a stud. plus he has a pretty good jump shot for a 7 footer. the Man can do it all. Gasol demands double teams while as of right now Bynum doesnt. When Bynum plays u dont see teams running at him to double team him, but with Gasol you do see that. Gasol makes everyone job easier cant u tell from Kobe always smiling and Lamar having so much freedom to do his job

Bynum does demand double teams, at least he did starting about a month before he got injured. The Lakers finally realized what kind of player they had and started getting the ball to him more. Before that he had to get his points cleaning up the board garbage and on alley oops. So yes when the Lakers started to get the ball to Bynum, teams DID start double teaming him. Saying that Bynum never gets double teamed only proves my point that you never watched the pre-Gasol Lakers.

This is all the Lakers need is more player-only fans....
Old 02-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #45
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far

duh...Bynum playing center and Gasol at PF. How can this not improve the Laks. The defense becomes better and can we say lob fest? Plus Bynum holds the best shooting percentage, so that means, he knows how to play.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: