Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 02-24-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Default Carl Landry. Your thoughts?

Wanted to post this on the main forum but I guess you guys must know more. I've seen a couple of games with him and he seems very active and could be a nice bench player. Can you give me a nice summary of his game.

He is listed in nba.com as 6'9 though he looks awfully small on t.v. Surely taller than Hayes who is like 6'5.

With Scola starting at PF and getting backup C minutes. Who would be the better fit on the bench? Carl or Chuck?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Default Re: Carl Landry. Your thoughts?

I've met Carl Landry in real life like2 or 3 times... I would say he's a good 6'7. Not much taller though...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Carl landry is definently a productive rookie and player of the bench. this is the type of power forward you want in your team especially the rockets. He hustles, rebounds, plays defense, and on the offensive end he will take it strong to the basket...

I think if he was a starter getting minutes, he could be a 10 10 guy. as for now though he is playing really well backing up scola.

hayes used to be what landry is now. when i first saw landry i quickly compared him to hayes. the thing about hayes is that he is shorter than landry but hayes is probably a smarter defender with quick hands. The reason Landry is above hayes in the rotation is because hayes cannot help out in the offense whatsoever... especially this season he missed ALOT OF LAYUPS. and when you cant hit an elbow jumper, hit free throws, and miss layups, you are really hurting the team and the other 4 players on the floor. Landry is a much better offensive player because he can hit that open jumper and he can drive and he attacks the rim everytime. (and he can hit the freethrows).
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
Carl landry is definently a productive rookie and player of the bench. this is the type of power forward you want in your team especially the rockets. He hustles, rebounds, plays defense, and on the offensive end he will take it strong to the basket...

I think if he was a starter getting minutes, he could be a 10 10 guy. as for now though he is playing really well backing up scola.

hayes used to be what landry is now. when i first saw landry i quickly compared him to hayes. the thing about hayes is that he is shorter than landry but hayes is probably a smarter defender with quick hands. The reason Landry is above hayes in the rotation is because hayes cannot help out in the offense whatsoever... especially this season he missed ALOT OF LAYUPS. and when you cant hit an elbow jumper, hit free throws, and miss layups, you are really hurting the team and the other 4 players on the floor. Landry is a much better offensive player because he can hit that open jumper and he can drive and he attacks the rim everytime. (and he can hit the freethrows).

THanks for the nice read. I wasn't quite sure to believe what I saw the past few games. Yao was being double teamed in the highpost and then one quick pass then a dunk by Carl. Another sequence Carl hit a 15 footer off a Yao pass as well.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:22 AM   #5
xtrm
Can barely lace up my sneakers

is he a restricted Free agent? i'm afraid he might leave the team
xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #6
sweetmoney
Can barely lace up my sneakers

he's a good upgrade from chuck hayes.

gotta love the rockets defense.
sweetmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:16 AM   #7
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

I want him! I want him!

If I were the Pacers, I'd give him good money...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #8
ballinforkeeps
Banned

he gives the rox athletisicm and hustle, doesnt get into fights, keeps his compuse. i love this guy. at first i thought "whyd we get this guy if we have chuck hayes?" but daam im glad we stayed w/ this guy.
ballinforkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: