Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #1
Lakers Fan
High School Varsity 12th Man

Lakers Fan has an OK reputation so far
Default I'm sorry but Kobe gotz the MVP on lockdown.

I just don't see anyway possible that Kobe does not get the MVP this year do you? No disrespect to CP3 who is having an equally fantastic year but Kobe was been waiting too long for this award and has a lot more media hype than Paul for him to get chosen over Kobe. Stern I am sure would like to see Kobe get it over a relatively unknown player(to the masses) like Paul. The Lakers are hot, Kobe is on fire, and there is nobody currently playing better. I mean realistically do you see any situation in where Kobe does not get the MVP this year?
Lakers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I'm sorry but Kobe gotz the MVP on lockdown.

cavs winning the east or hornets winning the west
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan
I just don't see anyway possible that Kobe does not get the MVP this year do you? No disrespect to CP3 who is having an equally fantastic year but Kobe was been waiting too long for this award and has a lot more media hype than Paul for him to get chosen over Kobe. Stern I am sure would like to see Kobe get it over a relatively unknown player(to the masses) like Paul. The Lakers are hot, Kobe is on fire, and there is nobody currently playing better. I mean realistically do you see any situation in where Kobe does not get the MVP this year?

Yes. I do see such a situation. whichever player has the better team record: CP3, Kobe, Lebron, maybe KG, Nash. Also, the voters are not fans of Kobe.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango
GTFO with all your LeBron propaganda!

It looks like the MVP award will be Kobe's to lose. He's definitely the front-runner right now (Paul closely behind).

Its keeping things in perspective. To say Lebron has no chance is nuts. Im not saying he will win it, but dont be surprised, hes got the stats to back him. Im pulling for Kobe too, being a Laker fan, but I wont homer out to think everyone else doesnt have a shot.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #5
bail
Serious playground baller

bail has an OK reputation so far

Lakers is winning because of another star. Pau Gasol. Pau Gasol is the reason why Lakers is winning now. :)

Bron for MVP.
bail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:28 PM   #6
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

who knows eh, lebron, kobe, paul, kg? all can have a strong argument made for them getting the award and or against them...

Quote:
On a side note about your location. When I read it, I can't help but think, "Land of 14 NBA Championships.......... and no lakes."
hahaha
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:31 PM   #7
tikay00
Banned

tikay00 has not been impressing people

correction, the addition of pau is the reason why their winning, not becasue of pau. Take kobe off that team, and bring bynum back, gonna look like some garbage basketball. You do realise the reason why pau and bynum are beasting? KOBE. Demands too many double teams. Honestly answer this question. Who on that team besides kobe can hit those crucial buckets that kobe always seems to hit, im talkin theres 3 minutes in the game, the other team just went on a 10-0 run, and your down 6, then kobe hits 2 3's in a row, or he goes off with 3 dunks, whose gonna replace that?
tikay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:34 PM   #8
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth

On a side note about your location. When I read it, I can't help but think, "Land of 14 NBA Championships.......... and no lakes."

We got the LA river
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:34 PM   #9
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bail
Lakers is winning because of another star. Pau Gasol. Pau Gasol is the reason why Lakers is winning now. :)

Bron for MVP.

Ummm Lakers were winning before Gasol, they were #1 and move down, but not by much. Gasol sure helps, but the Laks would be #1 still if Bynum didn't go down, since he is the only player other than Kobe who was able to post up.

Lakers have a winning percentage and currently #1 in the west. This is Kobe's year to get the MVP. The MVP always goes to the best player on the best team. How else did Dirk get it last year, he was obviously not the best player in the NBA.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:38 PM   #10
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bail

Bron for MVP.
so if the cavs start winnig it will be because of the trades they made and we should discount lebrons efforts? or what about paul, because they got bonzi now? hmmm seems like almost everyone who can be considered for the mvp had some roster changes recently....
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #11
Mango
Kids at the park dunk on me

Mango has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
Its keeping things in perspective. To say Lebron has no chance is nuts. Im not saying he will win it, but dont be surprised, hes got the stats to back him. Im pulling for Kobe too, being a Laker fan, but I wont homer out to think everyone else doesnt have a shot.

Kobe has been robbed out of this award on a couple of ocassions. LeBron's "stats" are highly inflated due to the type of offense his team runs and the amount of time he has the ball in his hands. That along with the fact that his team plays in a weaksauce conference.

Based on past criteria, it should come down to either Kobe or Paul.

BTW, Tained Sword.....STFU and keep your irrelevant opinions to yourself.
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:42 PM   #12
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
We got the LA river

"AND NOW! THE STARTING LINE UP FOR YOUR LAS ANGELES RIVER!"
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:57 PM   #13
24/7
Great young streetballer

24/7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
We got the LA river

Eff the LA River. We got Silver Lake!
24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:01 PM   #14
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

LOL KOBE SHOULD WIN IT EVERY YEAR he has a fairy wagon of 100,000 following him.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:09 PM   #15
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far

comon.. did we really need the 2838343643673th thread about this?
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: