Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-25-2008, 05:50 AM   #31
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Default Re: I'm sorry but Kobe gotz the MVP on lockdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan
Yeah neither can the Timberwolves without Al Jefferson. I suppose he should be an MVP candidate too.

What an ignorant comment. I thought maybe you could already figure out that the Cavs are a great team on top of Lebron being their best player. The Cavaliers made the NBA Finals last year. The Lakers with basically the same with out Gasol got knocked out in the first round again.

Cavs>Lakers

Lebron>Kobe

Take Kobe off of the Lakers and they still could be a playoff team with a average shooting guard. Now add Kobe to the Cavs and they probably don't make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference.

Add Lebron to the Lakers and take away Kobe and the Lakers would win at least 5 championships.

Kobe is old now, he will get no MVP because of his seniority. It's a sad argument that Kobe deserves and MVP because he has been around the longest.
RoseCity07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:08 AM   #32
Bond007
Serious playground baller

rosecity07 u don't seem like you know much about basketball , have u just taken up the sport recently? seriously? tnx
Bond007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #33
Lakers Fan
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07

Cavs>Lakers

Lakers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:19 AM   #34
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Yeah neither can the Timberwolves without Al Jefferson. I suppose he should be an MVP candidate too.

Yeah, but they can barely win a game with him, either.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:25 AM   #35
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Kwajo Life Lesson #392:

Unnecessary use of the letter Z will always make you appear like a slob, and will prevent you from achieving high levels of career success and/or emotional stability in personal relatonships.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #36
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Whats the point of having this same arguement every single day? I think Bron is the best candidate but I don't have anything new to say today that I couldn't say on Saturday. Give it a couple weeks for each player to have a more complete body of work and then bring this back up.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:00 AM   #37
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07
lebrons situation right now is no different to kobes situation 05-06 season incredible stats, terrible supporting cast and not a great record unless the cavs improve there record significantly i dont see lebron winning it, id love for kobe to get it but i still believe that KG is the favourite

I wish people would stop saying that. If anything Bron's situations now is like his season in 06. You know sick stats 31/7/7, 50 wins, and still getting overshadowed for no good reason. With the criteria as it is, I don't see Bron winning it again but its crazy that no matter how good Bron performs he keeps on losing the MVP to players having inferior seasons.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #38
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
I wish people would stop saying that. If anything Bron's situations now is like his season in 06. You know sick stats 31/7/7, 50 wins, and still getting overshadowed for no good reason. With the criteria as it is, I don't see Bron winning it again but its crazy that no matter how good Bron performs he keeps on losing the MVP to players having inferior seasons.

Dirk's Mavs won 67 games last season, that's why Dirk got his MVP.

I don't see any team winning 62+ this season, so LeBron has a better shot on it!
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #39
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullit
Dirk's Mavs won 67 games last season, that's why Dirk got his MVP.

I don't see any team winning 62+ this season, so LeBron has a better shot on it!

I'm not talking about last year, Dirk deserved it then I said 06 the year Nash won his 2nd MVP with about 54 or so wins. He didn't play as well as Kobe or Bron but won MVP because he played better than he did in his previous year win winning his first MVP, and the team lost Joe Johnson and Amare was hurt the entire year and they were still able to win the division. That made for a great story line but he didn't deserve MVP.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #40
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Quote:
Cavs>Lakers

No my friend....what you just wrote is an ignorant comment.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #41
kgisbigticket
Banned

Quote:
I just don't see anyway possible that Kobe does not get the MVP this year do you? No disrespect to CP3 who is having an equally fantastic year but Kobe was been waiting too long for this award and has a lot more media hype than Paul for him to get chosen over Kobe. Stern I am sure would like to see Kobe get it over a relatively unknown player(to the masses) like Paul. The Lakers are hot, Kobe is on fire, and there is nobody currently playing better. I mean realistically do you see any situation in where Kobe does not get the MVP this year?

KG or Chris Paul gets it with Lebron 3rd. Kobe can't get it because he shoots worse than his own team which means he hurts them more than he helps them.
kgisbigticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #42
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgisbigticket
KG or Chris Paul gets it with Lebron 3rd. Kobe can't get it because he shoots worse than his own team which means he hurts them more than he helps them.

Your logic doesnt make sense dude. Just so you have some facts Kobe is 46% from the field this year, thats better then almost half his team. The only guys better are Sasha, Jordan, and a few of the Big Guys, who playing next to rim, are supposed to have a better fg%.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #43
sbw19
National High School Star

Quote:

Why reduce the MVP race to a single argument that's not correct to begin with? Kobe has the best chance of winning it if for no reason other than his team having the best chance of landing the top spot in an ultra-competitive western conference (majority of Lakers' remaining games are at home, and Bynum'll be back soon), and he's been playing smart unselfish ball all season long while putting up descent stats.
sbw19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:15 PM   #44
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:

I'm not even a Lakers fan but in case you didn't know making the same stupid arguement over and over again doesn't make it right.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #45
guy
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
What an ignorant comment. I thought maybe you could already figure out that the Cavs are a great team on top of Lebron being their best player. The Cavaliers made the NBA Finals last year. The Lakers with basically the same with out Gasol got knocked out in the first round again.

Cavs>Lakers

Lebron>Kobe

Take Kobe off of the Lakers and they still could be a playoff team with a average shooting guard. Now add Kobe to the Cavs and they probably don't make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference.

Add Lebron to the Lakers and take away Kobe and the Lakers would win at least 5 championships.

Kobe is old now, he will get no MVP because of his seniority. It's a sad argument that Kobe deserves and MVP because he has been around the longest.

Whoa, really? Kobe with the Cavs wouldnt get them to the playoffs? Have you been paying attention to how weak the East is right now? I will admit though, switching Kobe with Lebron on the Lakers would probably guarantee them the 5 next championships, but that is just way too much hate on Kobe.

EDIT:

Last edited by guy : 02-25-2008 at 01:27 PM.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: