Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #16
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kobe will get 1 game

No way he is suspended. Don't worry about it. :)

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #17
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

From Orange County Register:

PJax can be funny!

Quote:

BRYANT EJECTED

Jackson had some strong words in response to Bryant's ejection by referee Brian Forte, son of longtime referee Joe Forte, who regularly works postseason games.

"I told him (Bryant) he shouldn't jump on 'Junior'; his dad might carry a grudge against him," said Jackson, who then alluded to nepotism getting the younger Forte his job. Jackson also added about Brian Forte, who gave Seattle guard Earl Watson a technical in the first quarter: "He's got a little bit of a red-ass." Forte is in his first full NBA season.

Bryant said his arm was smacked as he tried to secure an offensive rebound with the Lakers ahead, 88-57, but no call was made much to Bryant's displeasure. Forte then appeared to wait until Watson missed a shot in transition before calling a technical foul on Bryant for arguing. Restrained by teammate Derek Fisher, Bryant went back at Forte, trailed behind him and offered up plenty of material for Forte to issue a second technical foul and automatic ejection.

"For the first technical I got, I didn't say a word to him," Bryant said.

Source:

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #18
Jam.22_
LAL

Jam.22_ has an OK reputation so far

I love PJax but yeah, Kobe needs to be more careful about stuff like that but I do understand where he is coming from.
Jam.22_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #19
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I agree with this,

Kobe needs to understand situations. When you're up by thirty, you need to be happy with the outcome and keep on playing.

The refs we're a bit sleepy today but it was the same for both sides, not for Kobe alone.

Well thats Kobe for you. Up 30? Try to make it 40.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #20
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There should not be a fine...and certainly not a suspension.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #21
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

I missed the game last night because I was coaching a game in which I had to calm myself down to keep from getting a technical after a ref didn't call a foul on a play where one of my players got tackled, I called a time-out and asked the ref why the hell he didn't call that a foul, he gave a lame excuse and then later came over to talk about it, I told him "I don't want to talk to you because I don't want to get a technical". I have never gotten one, not as a player or a coach. Yeah...we won :)

I can't believe Kobe would have so little restraint as to blow up while leading by 30 points, yes he was fouled but it wasn't like he had teeth knocked out or was bleeding.....he of all people should know that you just can't expect those type of calls when you are up big......there's no need to get a fine and or a suspension. I'm a huge Kobe fan and I hope he doesn't do this again.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:53 PM   #22
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Walton_04 has an OK reputation so far

Could it be possible that Kobe was looking for those T's in order to get a day off?

I don't know, he seems too prideful to ask Phil for a night off, but maybe he wanted it to look like he got ejected for being competitive.

He's been playing big minutes. He deserves his rest, so it's not a criticism on him, but most players don't argue a call when they're winning by a wide margin.
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:27 PM   #23
DaRizzle
I brick open layups

DaRizzle has an OK reputation so far

No way in hell he gets suspended..not a chance...that said, if hell freezes over and he gets suspended I will be pissed cause Im going to the LA/ POR game
DaRizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #24
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Guys I'm pissed off about how Kobe is not taken care of his hand well enough. If you notice in last night game Kobe shamed his hand on the ball and the ball came back and hit him in the face. I see him giving his players high fives with his right hand thats is injury.

Have anybody else notices the same thing ?
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #25
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Guys I'm pissed off about how Kobe is not taken care of his hand well enough. If you notice in last night game Kobe shamed his hand on the ball and the ball came back and hit him in the face. I see him giving his players high fives with his right hand thats is injury.

Have anybody else notices the same thing ?
Yea I was thinking the same thing. When LO went up for an and 1, he slapped Kobe's injured hand real hard in the high five.

I hope Kobe will be okay though, it will be a shame if he has to sit on the bench because of the injury since we're already this far! We're so close in winning the championship!
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:35 PM   #26
and1
High School Varsity 6th Man

and1 has decent reputationand1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy
That's nuts!!! I can't believe they may suspend him a game for THAT!!! Has anybody/everybody notice how unbelievably BAD the refs have been this year? They seem to miss a lot of calls this year!!.....And they also call stupid ticky-tac calls!

lolz like that airball catch by carmelo anthony which turned into a made 3 pointer goal tending ROFL ... still laughing about that
and1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #27
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

He better use those Zen master meditation on Playoff day to chill those temper down. If he sit out a couple games for hot temper, we lose for sure.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:32 PM   #28
DaRizzle
I brick open layups

DaRizzle has an OK reputation so far

You guys are trippin...he might have been pissed but it was all planned. He knew the situation and he wanted to show his team he meant business. No way in hell that happens in any type of big game. As for his hand...its been blown out of proportion and its better for the Lakers if others keep thinking its as bad as it supposedly is.
DaRizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:57 PM   #29
CantLooz
I airball my layups

CantLooz has an OK reputation so far

I think the league planned it out with Stern & Kobe. Everyone got together in a secret meeting and said...Kobe's hand might need some rest for the FINALS. We need him to play in the Finals so that he can make us some money for the market. After all now that they have Gasol, he should be able to hold up the fort for a day and Kobe played his a$$ off to get to the top spot. So lets give Kobe a reason to have a day off by giving him a technical to hype up the drama for the NBA and have that pinkie rest a bit (jk)! No really...the refs have really let me down by proveing that there is corruption in the NBA with that ex-ref admitting to point shaveing.
CantLooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:58 PM   #30
CantLooz
I airball my layups

CantLooz has an OK reputation so far

What does the league do for refs that make obvious bad calls? I mean it does bait the player into getting technicals and then the situation is worse. Refs bad calls which led to a players ejection.
CantLooz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: