Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-25-2008, 04:39 AM   #16
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bynum's maximum potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by LutherHeadJob
lets not forget he plays next to the best player in the nba while yao had steve, also, bynum is yet to be doubled teamed often and it would be interesting to see how he deals with it, howard and yao are 20/10 players while being doubled and fronted

but he does have the talent to be like howard and if he can develop a jumper he could even be better than dwight

yeah from the looks of his play bynum is probably a year or two away from being able to stand on his own without major help. i mean and produce successful results.
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:57 AM   #17
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

don juan de marco has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wened
I think Bynum will have multiple years of 25+ ppg/ 12+ rpg/ 2.5 bpg/ 3 apg seasons.

Bynum already has multiple moves that are unstoppable. Bynum might the highest ceiling reach in the nba. 7-1 with LONG arms.

I think over the next few years, he'll add a 10-15 jump shot, and get his FT shooting to 75%.

Take the whole package together and I see a MVP caliber player.

WOW at 25+ ppg/12+ rpg/ 2.5 bpg.
i can see the rebounds and the blocks but the 25+
don juan de marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:59 AM   #18
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes
he was wrong there but please dont turn this thread into a gasol lovefest. we get it. gasol is your favorite player.

no your mother is my favorite player chump!!
and Gasol is nowhere my favorite player im just happy that the lakers got him instead of jermaine Oneal
Old 02-25-2008, 05:02 AM   #19
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

Quote:
lets not forget he plays next to the best player in the nba while yao had steve, also, bynum is yet to be doubled teamed often and it would be interesting to see how he deals with it, howard and yao are 20/10 players while being doubled and fronted

but he does have the talent to be like howard and if he can develop a jumper he could even be better than dwight

Honestly you bynum groupies, he wont be better than howard. Howard is a freak of nature. Howard is what u call a perfect athlete, while bynum is a big kid.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:07 AM   #20
LutherHeadJob
Local High School Star

LutherHeadJob has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by don juan de marco
Honestly you bynum groupies, he wont be better than howard. Howard is a freak of nature. Howard is what u call a perfect athlete, while bynum is a big kid.

er i am a rockets fan who doesn't like bynum

i am saying he could be better than dwight, now get off dwights balls, the op is asking about potential, he could be the GOAT, who knows, who cares really just wait a few years
LutherHeadJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:19 AM   #21
Wened
Banned

Wened has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Bynum might not the have vertical leap or musculature of Dwight Howard, but he is a very good athlete in his own respect.

Mobile, agile, good feet, very well coordinated, very good hand eye coordination, body control, etc...
Wened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:06 AM   #22
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

Better than Wilt or Shaq, if you listen to some of the crazier Laker fans. Honestly. Not exaggerating. Thank goodness for the rational ones.

Realistically I think he's a possible future MVP *candidate* (ie. like how Boozer is a candidate) perhaps putting up 22/12.5 at very high FG% with 2.8 blocks. His length and size really helps with the rebounding. I don't actually see him winning an MVP considering the other players that are around, but it's not unrealistic to say he'll be in the top 10 on NBA.com's MVP rankings in several years. This is all assuming this injury doesn't turn out to be an ongoing thing, which I doubt it will.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:51 AM   #23
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

Quote:
er i am a rockets fan who doesn't like bynum

i am saying he could be better than dwight, now get off dwights balls, the op is asking about potential, he could be the GOAT, who knows, who cares really just wait a few years

who asked you mate, go chase some roo's. lol and the rockets wont make it pass the first round
Old 02-25-2008, 07:40 AM   #24
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

I can see him peaking at 25-28 ppg, 13-14 rpg, 3-4 apg, 3-4 bpg, 58-61 FG%.

He is a legit 7'1", he has great post moves for his age, he is already a dominant rebounder and a great passer plus he is very athletic and close to 300 pounds.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:41 AM   #25
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Better than Howard? probably not, but I would love Bynum making his numbers.

Bynum (with Howard's performance) + Gasol + "new" Odom + Kobe = Some NBA rings to L.A.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:40 AM   #26
duncan on U
Decent playground baller

duncan on U has an OK reputation so far

Its simple to determine a players greatness by reading into their names. Andrew Bynum doesn't sound like a future HOF'er to me. His name sounds as good as Larry Johnson, Charles Oakley, or Bill Cartwright. Stop hyping this guy please your only gonna disappoint yourselves. Laker fans can be assured that he is better and will always be better than Kwame Brown.
duncan on U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #27
Lakers Fan
High School Varsity 12th Man

Lakers Fan has an OK reputation so far

Bynum's maximum potential is easily good enough to get him into the HOF.
Lakers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:50 AM   #28
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan
Bynum's maximum potential is easily good enough to get him into the HOF.

A little early to be making predictions that bold, don't you think?
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:55 AM   #29
Lakers Fan
High School Varsity 12th Man

Lakers Fan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
A little early to be making predictions that bold, don't you think?

No.
Lakers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:37 AM   #30
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
I can see him peaking at 25-28 ppg, 13-14 rpg, 3-4 apg, 3-4 bpg, 58-61 FG%.

He is a legit 7'1", he has great post moves for his age, he is already a dominant rebounder and a great passer plus he is very athletic and close to 300 pounds.

Those are better than prime Shaq numbers. Let's be realistic, please.

I'd say he'll peak at 22-23.5 ppg/11.8-12.5 rpg/2.6-3.2 bpg/54-56.5% FG. Which is very dominant, especially considering the dearth of big man talent in the league nowadays.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: