Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 03-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Hughes and his "curious comments......"

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/cavs/

Same thing is in the main forum. Figure we could start up a discussion in the Cavs forum as well...........

main points.........

“I play to enjoy myself, some people take this the wrong way, but winning a championship is not what I base everything on. I was given an opportunity to play basketball, travel around and have fun doing it and that’s what I want to do. I wouldn’t take being unhappy and not being myself and winning.
I would rather enjoy myself with 18,000-20,000 people watching the game and the people sending fan mail and those things and be happy…I didn’t come here to play the point guard, that’s just it. I came here to run the wing, just like he was running the other wing. I was asked to sacrifice for the team to win and for everybody, I guess, get paid. That is what was told to me and I wasn’t happy with that.”

I'm not surprised he felt this way. In fact, I would be willing to say that most NBA players have this attitude. Not everyone eats/sleeps/dreams of titles. For a lot of guys, they just want to put in the time, get some glory through statistics, make some money, and go home at the end of the day much like a 9-5 worker who hits the clock at 5 on the dot.

He never wanted to sacrifice for the betterment of the team. That much is clear. he knew from day 1 that coming to Cleveland was a mistake, and that it would never work. My question is, if he's all about having fun, then why didn't he just work out something with Washington when he was a free agent, where he put up the best numbers of his career?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hughes and his "curious comments......"

In the end...sadly it's a business...and the business is winning.

People lose sight that in the end realestically it's a game...a game is meant to be fun...

...which is why I always get cracked up when I watch Bobby Knight flip out.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

who cares what this overpaid, injured bum shooting .00006% from the field and what he had to say. He's a bull now, that's no bull.

Last edited by InLebronWeTrust : 03-07-2008 at 03:09 PM.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I just look at this as him trying to say something to justify his poor play in Cleveland, and he just made himself sound like an a$$.

I really don't think he meant any of that to come out the way it did, he was just trying to make himself look a little better, and failed miserably and ended up making himself look worse.

Hughes can't be the smartest guy in the world, or he wouldn't take such bad shots all the time.

Clearly he's an idiot, which explains that dumb look on his face all game long.

Bulls fans think he's taking off in Chicago, but he's doing the same thing he did in Cleveland. One night he has 20 on good shooting, the next night he's 4-17.

He's an awful, VOLUME, shooter, who relies on taking a LOT of shots to get his scoring up, because the guy can't shoot, and is either too stupid, or too scared, to drive to the basket.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: