Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Odom: "You want to kill and kick people when they're down."

What ...coming from Odom? I love this. this new attitude and swagger this team is carrying around.

Quote:
"I guess it's never enough," Odom said. "We have to keep pushing and keep pushing and try to play better. We didn't execute toward the end of the game or really play that well. You want to kill and kick people when they're down."

Quote:
They conclude the month with home games Tuesday against Portland and Thursday against Miami followed by a visit to Portland on Friday.

"The end all and be all for us is to win a title," Kobe Bryant said. "For us to get there, we have to take a lot of small steps. We're making good strides. The key is to keep it going. ... It's just the way we've been playing. It's starting to become one of those things where it's not just a hot streak. This is just the way we play."

More here: http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/ci_8355180
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Odom: "You want to kill and kick people when they're down."

Coming from Odom, I guess you can say this team is forreal.

I love the killer instinct we have. It's competetive until the end and everyone is on the same page and playing with the same intensity.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nice to see him "feeling it." For a guy that's relatively an easy going guy, I like the fire. Nice post sizzle.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Nice to see him "feeling it." For a guy that's relatively an easy going guy, I like the fire. Nice post sizzle.

its not just playing with fire either, he's playing triangle offense basketball and cutting to the basket. He made Kobe and Pau look like Nash yesterday!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

If any of you watched the second half last night (and really the last several games, but even more obvious lately) they didn't turn down their intensity even when we were up 30. They pressured the inbounds, played tough half-court D, and were extremely deliberate about their offensive possessions. They are looking like a team that wants to win every game by 50, like a victory is not enough, they wan't to humiliate the other team, so that the starters can just sit and laugh from the bench for the 4th quarter. You have got to LOVE this mentality!
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:04 PM   #6
millencolin735
Decent playground baller

millencolin735 has decent reputation

I want a real team already to gauge how good we really are, San Antonio, New Orleans, Detroit, Boston, Clevland anyone in the top of theyre conference thats a finals contender. I know PHX is up there but they cant beat anyone in the playoff hunt right now, and on top of that theyre still adjusting to having Shaq down low.
millencolin735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #7
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Will the real Lamar Odom please stand, please stand up!

Seriouly, its really good to see this guy playing with killer instinct.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:53 PM   #8
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Between these comments from Odom and Sasha's comments after the game yesterday I think that our boys are really feeling it right now.

It's so good to see the Lakers playing like this as well as talking like this.

The haters are coming back out now, they had been laughing at us for the past couple of seasons. Now they have to be scared again!!! I LOVE IT!!

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:22 PM   #9
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

The Lakers Offense is unstoppable, I have'nt seen a Laker team ever run the triangle the way they have this year. They just run it until they get a wide open look or wait until somebody dives in the lane for a dunk or lay-up. Odom is in a comfort zone and his confidence is growing game by game. Everybody on the floor knows where they need to be or where they need to go. True test is when we play the Spurs, we spread the floor so well I think the Spurs won't be able to dictate the game defensivly like they like too.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #10
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
Will the real Lamar Odom please stand, please stand up!

Seriouly, its really good to see this guy playing with killer instinct.

WTF ....Lamar has dunked the ball more since Gasol got here than he has in any full season......anyone notice that? Instead of those wimpy soft layups he's throwing it down!!!! Odom....the 2009 Dunk Champion!!!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol everyone getting behind odom... i almost feel vindicated for all the trash i took for backing him all this time..

i wonder how many games suspension you get for killing and kicking?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #12
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
lol everyone getting behind odom... i almost feel vindicated for all the trash i took for backing him all this time..

You and me both... personally, I am just glad to see him in his element and playing so well, delivering the value that he is worth to the Lakers.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #13
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Yes I agree LO is playing GREAT bball but, its funny to me how most of us want hesitate to jump off the wagon when he's not playing well.

LO is a perfect fit and making a solid statement to everybody about these lakers.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #14
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

i wonder how many games suspension you get for killing and kicking?

Right there with ya...

OneWay where are ya buddy?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #15
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
OneWay where are ya buddy?

OneWay is with ManUtd...

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: