Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 02-25-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Just got a Wii

Haven't played it yet though. Been kind of busy. Anyways, does it have DVD playback capability. Also, what games do you guys recommend? Any other suggestions/tips would also be apprreciated.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Just got a Wii

work on your bowling...

smash bros just came out, probably the 1st title you should pick up.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Smash isn't out for 2 weeks in the States. Best games in general order of worst to best:

Super Mario Galaxy
Zelda
Wii Sports
Resident Evil IV
WarioWare
No More Heros
Super Paper Mario
Godfather
Metroid Prime
Geometry Wars
Guitar Hero 3
Medal of Honor 2
Tiger Woods Golf
Mario Strikers

That doesn't include a lot of great games on the VC like Sonic, Old Marios, Castlevania, Ninja Giaden, Tecmo Bowl, Street Fighter, Kid Icarus, Metroid, Donkey King Country, Star Fox...
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #4
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you want to use its wifi capabilities, Mario strikers is a superb game for it. The world rankings are interesting to see, especially as they reset every week. I finish as the 90th best once.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

The Wii does not have DVD playback…

Some of my favorite games:

Excite Truck
Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Zack & Wiki
Geometry Wars: Galaxies (I use classic controller)
Kororinpa Marble Mania
Super Mario Strikers
Super Paper Mario
Battalion Wars II
Ghost Squad
Elebits
Metroit Prime III
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #6
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

I heard wii >> Xbox 360..
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #7
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

I prefer 360 to wii, but its fun for party environments.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

OldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
I prefer 360 to wii, but its fun for party environments.

Exactly, the Wii is the ultimate party machine. Overall gaming is better on 360 or PS3, but as for fun factor Wii wins hands down.
OldTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:05 PM   #9
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTerp
Exactly, the Wii is the ultimate party machine. Overall gaming is better on 360 or PS3, but as for fun factor Wii wins hands down.
Isn't having fun the whole point of gaming? If it's more fun then overall gaming is better..

Edit: wow i said the same thing twice..

Last edited by IlliniFan : 02-29-2008 at 11:22 AM.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #10
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Isn't having fun the whole point of gaming is having fun? If it's more fun then overall gaming is better..
It's not nearly as fun to play the wii by yourself as it is the 360 or PS3...
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #11
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have Wii and PS3. I agree Wii is really at its best when there's a lot of people around. Also if you're playing with either girls or kids Wii >>>> PS3 and 360. Once Mario Kart and Smash Bros come out i'm gonna be glued to Wii
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #12
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
It's not nearly as fun to play the wii by yourself as it is the 360 or PS3...

depends on the game really.

i have a wii and a 360 and i would say super mario galaxy, metroid, medal of honor, zak and wiki, are all just as good if not superior (in the case of mario galaxy) to anything i've played on my 360.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #13
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
depends on the game really.

i have a wii and a 360 and i would say super mario galaxy, metroid, medal of honor, zak and wiki, are all just as good if not superior (in the case of mario galaxy) to anything i've played on my 360.

More people need to play Zack & Wiki… such a fun, innovative, and challenging game…

I think it is down to $29 now.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #14
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
More people need to play Zack & Wiki… such a fun, innovative, and challenging game…

I think it is down to $29 now.

yeah, picked it up as soon as i saw it was 30 bucks. great game, one of the best on the wii. was never into pc point and click games cause i've always been a console guy, but i can definitely see the allure.

real nice showing from capcom though. i think konami's on the right track with elebits too. hope the big 3rd party developers can keep it as original and intuitive as these games have been.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #15
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"Just got a Wii"

Aww, poor you!
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: