Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far
Default Can the Lakers win it all without Bynum?

Worst case scenario, Bynum is out for year do you think the Lakers still have a shot at the title? I personally think they can, with the emergence of Odom, Sasha, Farmar and of course PAU this team seems unbeatable at times. I know the playoffs bring a different type of game DEFENSE but are high powered offense seems to spread the floor and do what they want. I know critics will say look at the Suns they have'nt won a thing with their style. The Lakers offense is different they are very efficent and can play inside and out. The Suns play more of a reckless style and when they are off they are very beatable, they depend on the outside shot to much. The Lakers have the deepest team in the league and shooters that can strike form long distance. Even without Bynum they are a very good rebounding team and solid in the post. I do think Turiaf's minutes will have to increase to help with the defense in the post. With Kobe leading the way I do like the chances of the Lakers making a serious run with or without Bynum. Lets just hope Bynum stays on course and is a force in the playoffs. Ps The Spurs are still the team to beat they are starting to play ball.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can the Lakers win it all without Bynum?

Are the Lakers also without Ariza in your scenario?

Old 02-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

im not sure what to expect when bynum comes back. I see him helping us against bigmen on the defensive end but not sure about offense. I dont see him getting many scoring oppurtunities other than put backs and dunk (i guess thats kind of what he was ding earlier). I see him getting a lot less touches now that Gasol is going to be our primary bigman on offense. I think his stats will drop. Rebounding and points. Defensively though, we will be amongst the elite with him bc he is a better help defender than gasol and his height and length will cause fits for evy one
Old 02-25-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Are the Lakers also without Ariza in your scenario?

Good Question, lets say Ariza is back we will need his D...
Old 02-25-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansrams
Good Question, lets say Ariza is back we will need his D...

Ok.. I do *think* the Lakers are very close to being a title contender and depending on luck and teams they draw in the playoffs, could indeed win it all. They are getting better the more games they play with Pau in the lineup. Having Ariza's defense will help as well.

So, I don't necessarily see it as a slam dunk, but the Lakers would be close.

Of course, you could easily argue the other way and it would be difficult to disagree.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:52 PM   #6
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Depending on thier match ups they could win it all w/o Bynum, but I like thier chances better w/ him.

Im not worried about his touches, he'll get just as many, if not a little fewer. He works hard for his points and will continue to do so.

Phil likes to put sets out there we may leave Bynum and Odom on the floor, and let Gasol and Kobe rest, etc, etc, depending the match ups. So he will continue to see the ball.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #7
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Walton_04 has an OK reputation so far

I think they'll definitely need him against the Spurs, Boston, or Pistons.

All those teams would be capable of containing Pau if there's no other big man to worry about. They can double Pau if needed.

With Bynum on the floor, they can put their best big defender on Bynum; Pau
will have a much easier time.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

I'll just copy and paste what I said in another thread since its fits here too. Call me crazy, but I think this current team is strong enough to win it all, even without Bynum. All of the dominant big men in the west play PF, not C. Gasol and Mbenga held their own against Dwight Howard in Orlando. Thats a tougher task then any they will face in the west for a C.

You already have 3 stars capable of 20+ a night with Kobe, Gasol and Odom, plus any Fisher and Vlad/Walton decide to drop in and one of the top scoring benches in the league. Dont need much else. Only thing they need to do is rebound a bit better and step up the defense a notch and its a championship caliber team. Bynum coming back will just make it more versatile and better.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:35 PM   #9
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

yes they can. I have faith in this team, but with Bynum in the line up, it does not hurt whatsoever! No team will beat us with Bynum in the line up plain and simple.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread