Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 08-12-2006, 06:39 PM   #16
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No, and we'll definitely be better than the Knicks, Chicago, or whatever team you're rooting for.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:09 AM   #17
STILL_the_FAB-5
I Hit Open Layups

STILL_the_FAB-5 has an OK reputation so far

The New Detroit Pistons will be a solid force in the Eastern Conference this year. Excuse me, they will be dominant force again this year. Its time for everyone to stop talking about the negatives in the departure of Big Bad Ben Wallace and Start talking about what will open up for the Detroit Pistons.

Chauncey Billups: did Ben Wallace have to do with this guy being a legit MVP candidate last season??? He is only gonna put up better numbers now that Coach Flip is focusing on a more complex offensive scheme. Billups can execute.

Rip Hamilton: We arent gonna see those sneaky little pick n rolls ending with an alley-oop to Ben from Rip anymore, but does anyone really think thats a play Dice cant make? Rip will be Rip and play Rip's game no matter what Center he's with.

Tay Tay: I am guaransheeding he has a break out year (whatever guaransheed means...) but seriously this guy is smart, really long, strokin the ball, and really clutch.

Rasheed: Better fix his game and with defenders actually payin attention to our new center Dice, that should make his game easier to fix.

Dice: I have honestly mistaken him for Ben last year in multiple games. This "old man" can play weakside defense just about as well as Ben can. If he stays healthy I wouldnt be surprised to see him in Las Vegas in Feb.07

Bench: Flip is a baller. Nazr is underrated. Lindsey is back. ...and hopefully one of them young fellas will have a impact.

Pistons will win 60 +/- 2 in the reg. season.

Nobody can predict what will happen in the playoffs.
STILL_the_FAB-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #18
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I agree with your sentiments.

We're not losing a lot of weakside defense and rebounding going from Ben to Dyess, in addition to not playing 4 on 5 on offense from now on .

I think we win close to 60 if Dyess stays healthy.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:41 PM   #19
PacersFan
Decent playground baller

PacersFan has an OK reputation so far

I wanna see how well the Pistons will do without big ben.
PacersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:36 AM   #20
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Well who doesnt? That will probably be the biggest adjustment of entering this season. Its been the talk of the offseason too. Besides blocking shots and getting rebounds out of nowhere, Pistons are the same as before.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:17 PM   #21
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

if ben wallace is dominated 90% of the times by shaq how much better you think mcdyess and rasheed can do ?? because make no mistake, if you make it to the ECF it will be miami who you will face.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:55 PM   #22
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Why is it a gimme Miami makes the ECF, all their key players but Wade are getting older and slower.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:53 PM   #23
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

shaq looked pretty good with the lost weight against detroit to me.

now that the mighty pistons dismantled the heat wont lose to anyone in the east.

they arent a gimme for ECF but to the NBA finals !
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:22 AM   #24
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

pistons will be better than last year. offense carried us last year and this year its even better.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:45 PM   #25
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Offense may have carried us but defense let us down.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:49 PM   #26
final.wrath
Banned

i disagree. well i partly disagree. rasheed couldnt score because he was injured and that really hurt us....chauncey choked....our offense sucked. it did not carry us in the playoffs. we had a lot of grueling 80 point games against clevelend that would have been cake if we would have been scoring like usual. our defense was good until James figured out that you could get inside easily and score/go to the FT line. Then Wade followed his example. We couldn't counter this because Ben refused to play zone. In that way our defense let us down.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:47 PM   #27
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

So our defense is good? But you acknowledge Bron and Wade could penetrate anytime they want.

That makes no sense.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:44 AM   #28
final.wrath
Banned

our defense was fair. but wade and bron can penetrate on ANY team no matter how good their defense is. i'll bet that zone defense will help to contain them some and maybe stop the parade to the FT line. defenses need to adapt to the new rules.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:48 PM   #29
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

We stopped Wade from abusing us last year.

Defense let down a lot.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #30
final.wrath
Banned

he averaged 27 ppg against us in that series. wade could penetrate whenever he wanted, and that opened up the floor for their shooters.

offense let us down. did you see all those wide open shots we missed and the lack of post play from sheed? The ankle didnt help but the fact he was doubled all the time because Ben didnt need to me guarded was also a problem.

I see Tay and Sheed really picking it up this year. Now we have Nazr who is capable of knocking down the occasional jumpshot, scoring down low, and generally keeping defenses honest. that will open it up for our forwards.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: