Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-27-2008, 01:27 AM   #1
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool
Default Luke Walton is turning into Brian Cook

He reminds me of brian cook, he cant stick anybody...whenever he is out there the other team just ISO's him...walton cant get anything to drop..i remember he used to be a decent 3pt shooter now he is just terrible...i rather have sasha at SF -_- ARIZA GET WELL SOON PLEASE
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:39 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Luke Walton is turning into Brian Cook

thats unfair to luke. He does a lot more than Cook ever has.

Luke can do several things he's just getting very unlucky. He'll pick it up. It's just an off-season. (lol)
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:42 AM   #3
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

To tell you the truth, I thought this exact same thing until I saw him hustling on the boards and running out on the break. Even though the guy is in a slump shot-wise, don't forget the effect of his injury might still be there.

Don't give up on him.. Shooting isn't the only thing you need to be a good player.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:51 AM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yep..lukes fighting the hip and ankle this past couple months,,,you can see the guy can't elevate....

funny how some folks are never happy..the team is atop the west, on a nine game streak (best in a few years) and folks are still grouching about odom, orluke or whoever..it's like the whine of the week..who will it be next week? two weeks ago lamr was mentioned in about a dozen let's trade lamar threads...lol

i'm going to put my faith in phil and the staff, they see these guys every day in practice, remebr for a couple years some folks wanted sasha traded now look, phil knew what he had on his hands in sahsa and kept his faith in him and now it's paying dividends...

we can all see luke is hurting yet phil starts him, so what's that tell you...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:04 AM   #5
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
he subliminally wants to showcase Luke what a great player he is...so Mitch knows what to do in the summer?
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:22 AM   #6
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah i guess the difference is brian cook was a chucker who didnt like defense that much whether he was injured or not
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:31 AM   #7
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
He reminds me of brian cook, he cant stick anybody...whenever he is out there the other team just ISO's him...walton cant get anything to drop..i remember he used to be a decent 3pt shooter now he is just terrible...i rather have sasha at SF -_- ARIZA GET WELL SOON PLEASE
Sasha, Ariza, and Vlad...Why couldn't have Luke been in the Kwame package to Memphis!
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:34 AM   #8
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes
yeah i guess the difference is brian cook was a chucker who didnt like defense that much whether he was injured or not

Thank God Brian "I'm a PG not a PF" can do whatever he wants at Orlando, not in LA!
Old 02-27-2008, 02:39 AM   #9
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor - Laker
Sasha, Ariza, and Vlad...Why couldn't have Luke been in the Kwame package to Memphis!
Are you kidding? It's like candy.. giving up small pieces for big ones. Why would you give up more small pieces than the other person wants?
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:48 AM   #10
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

Tells me Phil has no other choice with the injuries to Vlad and Ariza or else he wouldnt be doing it.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:52 AM   #11
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Are you kidding? It's like candy.. giving up small pieces for big ones. Why would you give up more small pieces than the other person wants?
I'm just saying....Wouldn't really care cuz he would make no impact at all in Memphis, and better to have him screw up there then screwing us up here....

If he was really up on the chopping block, I think we could have gotten a draft or something for him.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:53 AM   #12
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
Tells me Phil has no other choice with the injuries to Vlad and Ariza or else he wouldnt be doing it.
Yep...Someone had to say the obvious.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:36 AM   #13
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stop the Luke bashing guys!!!!

Lets just give him time. He had those injuries etc. and we all know he CAN play better. Our team is top in the West right now, Happy days guys....happy days.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #14
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Luke is an enigma to me as well. I buy into gts's theory a bit, but man, his head has been up his a$$ lately. Is that because his playing time is unpredictable? Is that because he is injured? I just don't know.

And no, I am not bashing him. His defense has been decent for him, so at least he is contributing there a bit, but his lack of focus is very apparent.

Lets hope its a temporary thing and he gets his groove back.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #15
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There is no question that Luke has struggled this year and is still bothered by injuries, but I think he played a pretty solid game last night. He did a lot of the little things that don't show up in the box score.

He's in a Kwame situation, he shouldn't be playing major min to rest his injuries, but he's forced into action due to Ariza/Vlad injuries.

Kobe is going to see more min at the 3 now, which I kind of like. I like seeing Farmar and Sasha out there at the same time for stretches. They both bring great energy and great 3 pt shooting. Did anyone notice they where both +35 last night!
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: