Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation
Default Kareem Rush Still A Possibility?

From *********:

Quote:
The Lakers staff is divided on free agent Kareem Rush. Some want to sign him (likely Jackson and Winter), while others (assistant GM Ronnie Lester) don’t think Rush is the answer. “Some say he might help us a lot,” Winter said.

I would love to see him back in LA, but I don't think there's enough room for him because of all the guards we already have. I would take him over Laron Profit too.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #2
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

I think NJ has interest in him n haven't spent their midlevel yet, so....
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Too small to play SF, not enough skill to play PG and no time to play SG.

If they do get him, he'll be lucky to get 5 minutes behind Kobe.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:23 PM   #4
Edge
Banned

Edge has not been impressing people

We don't need another guard. I mean, KRush, he's a nice player but we already have a million of guards and we don't need another one.
I guess Rush makes sense if Phil has plans to play Kobe at the SF which is very likely.
I wouldn't mind Rush but IMO we're overloaded with guards. There's just not enough space for Rush IMO.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #5
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
From *********:

I would love to see him back in LA, but I don't think there's enough room for him because of all the guards we already have. I would take him over Laron Profit too.

link please
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If the lakers picked him up, who might you give up a roster spot for?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #7
Sound and Fury
Verbosity Incarnate

Sound and Fury is considered somewhat coolSound and Fury is considered somewhat coolSound and Fury is considered somewhat cool

SoCalMike brings up a good point... right now, the Lakers already have a full roster - they have to cut someone to add Rush. I suppose they could cut Pinnock (their second round draft pick). I'm just not sure how much Rush adds to the team - I certainly don't see him getting minutes ahead of Evans.

As to the money factor, at this point, the Lakers are capped out - Rush will probably have to take the veteran's minimum if he comes to L.A.
Sound and Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #8
K*O*B*E
I airball my layups

K*O*B*E has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Too small to play SF, not enough skill to play PG and no time to play SG.

If they do get him, he'll be lucky to get 5 minutes behind Kobe.
what the hell do you know, he got alot of playing time when he was younger so what makes you think that after becoming a better polished player he'll only get 5 minutes, not to mention he know the triangle. mavsfan4zindagi please stay out of our forum we don't go to the mavs forum talking about how your team choked in the finals.
K*O*B*E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:47 PM   #9
K*O*B*E
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound and Fury
SoCalMike brings up a good point... right now, the Lakers already have a full roster - they have to cut someone to add Rush. I suppose they could cut Pinnock (their second round draft pick). I'm just not sure how much Rush adds to the team - I certainly don't see him getting minutes ahead of Evans.

As to the money factor, at this point, the Lakers are capped out - Rush will probably have to take the veteran's minimum if he comes to L.A.
he is better than mo evans,smush,walton,williams,vujaic,farmer,pinnock, wafer,
Old 08-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #10
Sound and Fury
Verbosity Incarnate

Sound and Fury is considered somewhat coolSound and Fury is considered somewhat coolSound and Fury is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by K*O*B*E
he is better than mo evans,smush,walton,williams,vujaic,farmer,pinnock, wafer,
I don't quite agree. I think Evans and Walton are better players (though Rush is better than the rest of the guys you mentioned). Walton is not the shooter that Rush is, but is a much better passer, rebounder, and facilitator... and Evans is, quite simply, a much better defender.

I think Pinnock probably should get stashed in the D-League for a couple of years, that would help clearing roster spots and would help his game develop faster.
Sound and Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #11
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

I don't think that we have signed Pinnock yet, but I could be wrong.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:11 PM   #12
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
what the hell do you know, he got alot of playing time when he was younger so what makes you think that after becoming a better polished player he'll only get 5 minutes, not to mention he know the triangle. mavsfan4zindagi please stay out of our forum we don't go to the mavs forum talking about how your team choked in the finals.

he's entitled to his opinion, even if he is a Mavs fan. I prefer Evans over Rush because of his hard-nosed mentality and serious D. Rush can nail the open J, but cannot create his own shot, average D at best.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #13
K*O*B*E
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
he's entitled to his opinion, even if he is a Mavs fan. I prefer Evans over Rush because of his hard-nosed mentality and serious D. Rush can nail the open J, but cannot create his own shot, average D at best.
forget him in the nba forum all he does is hate on kobe and the laker **** him
Old 08-08-2006, 04:36 PM   #14
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
forget him in the nba forum all he does is hate on kobe and the laker **** him

we must take pity on those of lesser teams. they have suffered mightily. they know not of what they speak. not everyone is fortunate enuf to be born a Laker fan.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:42 PM   #15
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

I think he would fit right in. hes older,his game is more matured. can knock down the three which what the triangle needs. and who knows, might turn out to be a surprise ...him and vlad in at the same time can really stretch out the D. I think hes a legit backup. sign him. only thing is that we are loaded at that position...but i guess with some trades, it can work out.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: