Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default KB24 needs to play more like Magic and less like MJ

Kobe is by far our most talented player....he can do it all.

I would like to see Kobe drive and kick (or lob) more.....I have seen so
many easy buckets from his assists during this winning streak!!!
It is the most beautiful part of the game in some ways....

I really think we continue to win the more Kobe draws the D and
passes off.....plays the decoy for a few games...get everyone's
confidence up for the playoffs!!!!

magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: KB24 needs to play more like Magic and less like MJ

Its not that hes playing like magic or jordan, he's finally defending and playing great at the offensive end at the same time. He's playing the passing game, scoring at the same time.

he used to either shoot shoot shoot, or pass pass pass....he never read situations as well as he is now. He can do it all, thats why he's the MVP.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Cool Re: KB24 needs to play more like Magic and less like MJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Its not that hes playing like magic or jordan, he's finally defending and playing great at the offensive end at the same time. He's playing the passing game, scoring at the same time.

he used to either shoot shoot shoot, or pass pass pass....he never read situations as well as he is now. He can do it all, thats why he's the MVP.

Wow!! Agree!!!

Kobe needs to play like Kobe!!! Nothing else!!! In da last few years, Kobe has only been playing one end of da court. And that's not Kobe's game! Now that the boy is happy with da situation in front of him. Kobe has finally come out to play!! No Magic or MJ just Kobe and Kobe is what we need!!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:12 PM   #4
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

don't you think that Kobe shot too much in the game against
Portland? His shot selection was not good that night.....

I also think we need to get Luke's confidence up...get him some
shots....same for many others....that's the way to enter the
second season....with everyone at a high level....

Old 02-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #5
lakers4ever
Decent playground baller

lakers4ever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan

I don't think we need to get Luke more shots. Let him play the triangle and pass the ball. His shooting has gone South. He has no lift under the basket so he gets his shots blocked all the time. He can be a good facilitator and defender without scoring. We need role players. We have lots of scorers so we don't really need Luke to score.
lakers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:28 PM   #6
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan

Kobe's had a much better balanced attack this year and even more so since the Gasol trade. I personally think he needed to shoot like he did in that portland game, the team was flat, the offense out of sync. They were struggling to get any kind of good look.

His teamwork has come a long way this season.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:32 PM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think that Kobe is finally starting to recognize when he should be the facilitator and when he should be the shooter in a game. That is huge for him to recognize and just not simple at all. That is why he is playing at a true MVP pace this year.

I don't think anyone could be like Magic was, but I agree with the premise, which is unselfish play. I think Kobe is finally learning to strike that balance.

Thats my opinion and I am stickin to it!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:47 PM   #8
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

9 game winning streak not good enough for you people?!

damn...
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:19 AM   #9
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
Kobe's had a much better balanced attack this year and even more so since the Gasol trade. I personally think he needed to shoot like he did in that portland game, the team was flat, the offense out of sync. They were struggling to get any kind of good look.

His teamwork has come a long way this season.

Pure Wisdom Alex!!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:32 AM   #10
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

I agree about the Portland match-up too. He won us that game actually. Things were stagnant and he made some big time shots to give us the extra boost to come through. Guys were missing shots all over until Sasha and Farmar came in; then he defered to them.

Again though, I don't know how much "different" Kobe is playing this year compared to the last couple years. Before he didn't have teammates that could perform. They would miss open shots, turn the ball over, and generally make mistakes--that left us better off with Kobe shooting over double and triple teams. Now he has good teammates, consistent performers, and while everyone typically isn't "on" the same night, someone will be. And Kobe finds them now. He trusts Gasol, Farmar, Fish, and Vlad to the point they can miss 3-4 in a row and he'll still look for them when open.

If we had a team around Kobe who was as good as the one now, no-one would have ever said he was selfish. Fact is, he's not a "Lebron/Magic" type player who will always look to pass first, he's a scorer. And if his guys (who have proven consistently over long periods of time) can't make open shots he's not going to give them the ball when he knows the team's best chance to win is taking a shot himself.

Let's put it this way: rightly or wrongly Kobe has a shorter leash on his teammates than I think Lebron does. If you fail all season and all game, he will cut you off (you are not getting the ball in close games) at some point. Maybe it doesn't help to build confidence in his supporting cast over the long term (during the really bad times), but it probably ends up winning you more games over the short term.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it too!
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:43 AM   #11
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
9 game winning streak not good enough for you people?!

damn...

Sorry to be greedy but I want this streak to last all the way to a championship.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:58 AM   #12
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

i say a mixture of both would be nice
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #13
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

I think that Kobe makes the team much better when he plays within the offense, and attacks the basket for dunks and easy kickouts. I hate it when he dominates the ball and everyone stands around watching him play.

KobePlaymaker>>>>>>KobeBall
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #14
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
I think that Kobe makes the team much better when he plays within the offense, and attacks the basket for dunks and easy kickouts. I hate it when he dominates the ball and everyone stands around watching him play.

KobePlaymaker>>>>>>KobeBall

That's sort of what I was trying to say.... Kobe was 11 for 25 against
Portland....he took a lot of outside shots....there was no motion in
the offense.... When Kobe does drive or go in the post, we seem to
get much easier looks...and lots of dunks....

I really think a few losses trying to get everyone going would help
during the playoffs...I do realize how tough the west is this year,
but I want this team peaking in May, not now.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:35 PM   #15
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It will be interesting to see if Kobe continues to drive as much as he has been lately or if he starts to take more jumpers because hes afraid to aggravate his injury. Usually when players play with a injury they play less aggressive which means less driving.

It is obvious that the Lakers are at the best when Kobe drives more though.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: