Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-28-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

LongBeachLakers has an OK reputation so far
Default Do you think the Lakers would have this much success with just about any 20/10 guy?

Say if you replace Gasol with any other 20/10 guys in the league, would the Lakers have similar results? Would Kobe + Any 20/10 guys garner this much success?
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do you think the Lakers would have this much success with just about any 20/10 gu

I cant wait to see what Lakers fans say about this
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #3
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Do you think the Lakers would have this much success with just about any 20/10 guy?

I dont think so. Gasol's IQ allowed him to learn our system faster then most players. His passing skills for a big man are pretty nice too.

Just some guys (like Gasol) are made for this system, and some arent.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:15 PM   #4
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Do you think the Lakers would have this much success with just about any 20/10 guy?

Well that is tricky.... Pau is a very intellegent player and that helps a
bunch.

BUT...

since there are only a handful of 20/10 guys in the league and
they are pretty much all allstars, I say yes. Put Boozer on our
team and we do well. Put D"Howard on our team and we do very
well. Put Yoa Ming on our team and we do very well....

A solid PF is what we needed...so any 20/10 PF/C would have helped
us a bunch.
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #5
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do you think the Lakers would have this much success with just about any 20/10 gu

Kobe and Amare would be the best combo in the league. As much as I would hate to admit it, the Lakers would be my 2nd favorite team if that happened
Old 02-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No way. I actually think Gasol is one of the best big men for the tiangle because of his passing ability. The big men need to be able to find the cutters and guys on the perimeter for the triangle to be effective. Other than KG and TD, i think Gasols passing skills are the best for bigmen.

Wasnt Zach Randolph a 20/10 guy a year or 2 ago. Imagine him on the Lakers. Absolutly no D and no ability to pass (actually its probably because hed rather shoot than pass) and a low bball IQ.

Gasols passing is underrated for the triangle. A lot of bigs are good out there but cant pass like Gasol Him and Kobe are the reason our other guys get involved and get open looks.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can only think of 3 guys that would have been perfect...

Timmy D
Kevin G
and Pau G, Jermaine might have been a good one too if he was healthy.

but we got exactly what we needed. Not just anyone can play in the offense unless you're playing center.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #8
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I can only think of 3 guys that would have been perfect...

Timmy D
Kevin G
and Pau G, Jermaine might have been a good one too if he was healthy.

but we got exactly what we needed. Not just anyone can play in the offense unless you're playing center.
Gasol might be a perfect fit but a guy like Amare would be more valuable to the Lakers even though he wouldnt fit in the triangle perfectly. Amare has also improved his passing and I would take his dominance on offense over Gasol being a "perfect" fit. I think its safe to say that Amare is a slightly better pf defender too.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Gasol might be a perfect fit but a guy like Amare would be more valuable to the Lakers even though he wouldnt fit in the triangle perfectly. Amare has also improved his passing and I would take his dominance on offense over Gasol being a "perfect" fit. I think its safe to say that Amare is a slightly better pf defender too.

I agree that amare and Kobe would compliment eachother's game. They both play very well together actually.

But I don't think he would be as good as a passer as Gasol is in the offense.

With that being said, I would trade Pau for Amare.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:28 PM   #10
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I cant wait to see what Lakers fans say about this
Gasol fit in the triangle perfectly, and his ability to pass the ball is what the Lakers really needed.

Not only that but he can create plays for himself, and loosen up the post area with his post/high screens.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #11
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
LOL right...Quit trying to downplay Gasol.

Amare ain't winning any games with the Suns right now, and he tends to watch his opponent blow right past him e.g Lamar Odom.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor - Laker
LOL right...Quit trying to downplay Gasol.

Amare ain't winning any games with the Suns right now, and he tends to watch his opponent blow right past him e.g Lamar Odom.

Amare is doing everything for the suns. He is a much better defender than Pau as Pau seems to have difficulty with the pick n roll defense. He's also a better rebounder than Pau.

Pau is a really good offensive player, but Amare is better to have. He's superstar caliber and he's been far in the playoffs before.

Dont even bring up phoenix losing, it's all because of the shaq trade.

Last edited by lakerfreak : 02-28-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #13
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Haha, ok, I will put a twist on it for ya... Which would you prefer:

Kobe/Amare

-or-

Shaq/Amare

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #14
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Haha, ok, I will put a twist on it for ya... Which would you prefer:

Kobe/Amare

-or-

Shaq/Amare

Kobe
Old 02-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #15
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Kobe

Ok, one more twist to the puzzle:

Prime Kobe / Prime Amare

-or-

Prime Shaq / Prime Amare

p.s. We may not have seen the prime amare yet, so i accept that as well.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: