Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-19-2006, 04:01 PM   #16
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Someone on the main board said they felt like big heavy rubber bricks taped to your feet, and that Marbury will be wearing a refined more detailed version.
They don't feel heavy on your feet and I think there is a great amount of cushioning for a $15 shoe. And Marbury is going to get a pair off the rack, unless ESPN News misinformed me.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:30 AM   #17
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Why not wait to actually see (or even try) a pair before you put them down?
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:52 AM   #18
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
They don't feel heavy on your feet and I think there is a great amount of cushioning for a $15 shoe. And Marbury is going to get a pair off the rack, unless ESPN News misinformed me.

I heard that he was gone to get his off the rack also. Which means he should be wearing the exact shoe that anyone can buy. Not the extra supported shoes they wear in the NBA. he will probable put the other stuff in after he get them. But they are a cool looking shoe.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:18 PM   #19
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I heard that he was gone to get his off the rack also. Which means he should be wearing the exact shoe that anyone can buy. Not the extra supported shoes they wear in the NBA. he will probable put the other stuff in after he get them. But they are a cool looking shoe.

he is and its going to look tight with his uniform
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:25 PM   #20
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

I find it interesting that we Knick fans are so hungry for NBA action, that we will even spend so much time on sneakers.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:38 PM   #21
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

lol true statemne, im ready because i want the knicks to prove the world wrong
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:30 PM   #22
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
lol true statemne, im ready because i want the knicks to prove the world wrong

From your keyboard to G-d's ears!

It should be interesting...

Go Knicks!
Old 08-25-2006, 11:58 PM   #23
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I can see it now....Marbury running down the court in his Starbury's.....then all of a sudden, snap, his leg breaks in half because his shoe fell apart lol
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:19 AM   #24
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I can see it now....Marbury running down the court in his Starbury's.....then all of a sudden, snap, his leg breaks in half because his shoe fell apart lol

Well what do you expect from a $15 pair of sneakers? :confused:
Old 08-26-2006, 02:01 PM   #25
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low

Come on dude! Cheap priced shoe. Cheap quality too. Marbury might think he is the best pg in the nba, but I don't think he would endorse something that could hurt himself.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:16 AM   #26
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Come on dude! Cheap priced shoe. Cheap quality too. Marbury might think he is the best pg in the nba, but I don't think he would endorse something that could hurt himself.

If Marbury is delusional enough to think he is the NBA's best PG, he may believe his $15 sneakers are the also the best. :confused:

If he breaks his leg as a result, lets hope that the Knicks Team Veterinarian does not shoot him. LOL

Perhaps you may have read about the latest announcement. In a cost-cutting effort, Charles Dolan announced at a mid-town NY press conference last Friday that he just hired a Vet to replace the Team MD for the over-capped Knicks. Mr. Dolan was quoted as saying "Since most of our team played like animals last season, we felt that would be very appropriate."

Also anounced at that conference, since most knicks lost sneaker-endorsement contacts based on winning only 23 games last season, the official sneaker of the Knicks will be Marbury's Kicks, which will be discounted to only $9.99 for Starbury's teammates. Marbury declared "I am making the world's best sneakers available to the best team in the NBA at my actual cost because people who play like these guys do need to save their money to feed their families. If you don't believe me just ask former Knick Latrell Spreewell."
Old 08-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #27
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
Marbury declared "I am making the world's best sneakers available to the best team in the NBA at my actual cost because people who play like these guys do need to save their money to feed their families. If you don't believe me just ask former Knick Latrell Spreewell."
not only does he suck but hes a liar too

Last edited by lebron_zoom : 08-28-2006 at 04:39 PM.
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:11 PM   #28
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebron_zoom
not only does he suck but hes a liar too

I made up that quote as a joke - not Marbury!

BTW: Steve Nash said "Marbury is the best at one-on-one." And that is a true quote. No kidding!
Old 08-29-2006, 03:14 PM   #29
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Steph

Damn...sad to see ignorance is still prevailing in the basketball world. Funny how within the last year he's not only did a tremendously selfless and charitable thing for the community with his sneaker but he also was one of involved NBA players in the Katrina relief support, showing obvious emotion and concern yet for the rest of his life he'll be labeled and selfish and a misfit as if he's AI or sonmething. That's not a knock on AI at all but I mean damn, in his entire time in the league he's gotten that one DUI when noone was on the road yet he's had run a basketball clinic and tournament for underpriviledged youth EVERY YEAR and contributed millions to charity and gets ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:01 PM   #30
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Damn...sad to see ignorance is still prevailing in the basketball world. Funny how within the last year he's not only did a tremendously selfless and charitable thing for the community with his sneaker but he also was one of involved NBA players in the Katrina relief support, showing obvious emotion and concern yet for the rest of his life he'll be labeled and selfish and a misfit as if he's AI or sonmething. That's not a knock on AI at all but I mean damn, in his entire time in the league he's gotten that one DUI when noone was on the road yet he's had run a basketball clinic and tournament for underpriviledged youth EVERY YEAR and contributed millions to charity and gets ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT

that is so true. i agree 100 percent. when he retires from the game they not goin to say he donated a million dollars for katrina relief or a guy who made up 15 dollar sneakers they only goin to talk about how he was selfish(which he's not).
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: