Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
KB8tHeGrEaT

Default KOBEGASOL VS KOBESHAQ era

Whos better which dynasty can be better comments???????
Old 02-28-2008, 05:25 PM   #2
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: KOBEGASOL VS KOBESHAQ era

Delete thread.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:36 PM   #3
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Thats something that can be discussed if we win 3 championships down the road, not now.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:45 PM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

um we havnt even won a playoff game yet. shaq/kobe era was a great great team. I dont think it would be right to compare the 2 right now
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll bite...lol

forget the rings, it took kobe and shaq several years of playing together and the inclusion of phil jackson to bring it all together so i'll just talk on paper so to speak...

Kobe
Shaq
Fisher
Fox
Horry
George
Shaw
Medvidenko
Sumaki
Hunter

vs.

Kobe
Fisher
Pau
Bynum
Odom
Turiaf
Sasha
Walton
Farmar
Vlad Rad
Ariza

though young i'll give the current team the nod as being a better assembly of overall talent

now shaq was dominate and that counts for alot but kobe is too and has a larger role then he did during the three peat era...

both good teams both capable of winning lots of games... but this current squad as young as it is has a lot of upside

Last edited by gts : 02-28-2008 at 06:30 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:25 PM   #6
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Too early too call, unless Pau Kobe Bynum, Lamar, and Fisher takes this team to the championship three times, who knows.

Right now though, I'm really impressed with Gasol, especially in that game against Shaq..He held his ground and scored over him.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #7
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

Shaq was dominant because he was big and demanded doulble and triple teams, also was a factor on defense cause he clogged the paint. I do think offensivly Gasol is much more of a weapon skill wise, from what I have already seen Kobe and Gasol play together like they have for years. Wait until they actually do play for a while. Gasol can do so many things on offense pass,shoot from mid-range and drive to the hole. Oh wait and he can shoot from the line. The Lakers won 3 champipnships for a reason Shaq and Kobe and solid defense. With the addition of Gasol and the team as a whole 11-12 players deep are offense in my opinion is better than any of those 3 years. This team runs the triangle much more effecient than any of those teams and have deadly shooters from outside. They also bring it every night instead of taking nights off. They will definitley have to improve on D, with Bynum and Ariza coming back that should help alot. So Laker fans quit getting butt hurt with this comparison because this team hasn't won anything compared to the 3 chips Shaq and Kobe era. Gasol has had a great impact on this team with more to come. Pau will never have the dominant impact that Shaq had but when we do win a chip (which will be soon) it most likely would have not been done without Pau.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Respectfully, aside from some of the preliminary analysis and opinions here, I think it is too early to be speaking of Kobe/Gasol as an "era." Its only been 10 games.

Shaq and Kobe played together for many seasons and won several titles.

For me, I would like to wait a bit before I start speaking of eras with those two players. (although I am excited about the prospects)

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #9
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Let's not do this now, let's talk about this in about 5 years. If we don't win a championship we'll be compared to the bust that T-Mac/Yao have become!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #10
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In a way, it kinda is fair to do this now. I think the team now is deeper. Seriously guys, Rick Fox was a big part of those other championships. In his prime could he really be for nearly any team (besides Boston) right now? The team now is deeper. I don't know if they will be more dominant and win more championships, but they are better on paper.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:44 PM   #11
KB8tHeGrEaT

I meant team or duo my bad guys fellow Laker fans lol yeah that is what I meant sorry for the confusion...
Old 03-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #12
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

31 year old Bryant, 22 year old Bynum, 29 year old Gasol...and a MUCH better supporting cast will be a greatert dynasty then we witnessed back with a prime Shaquille.

There I said it, and I definitely believe...it's a shame Drew got injured, he was putting a giant smile on my face...you have no idea how many arguments I've had with people regarding NEVER trading Bynum, I've said since day one kid is untouchable "You're stupid man, we should trade him for Kidd this instance."

What do those people have to say to me now? Not a damn thing. They wouldn't even trade Bynum for Kidd straight up let alone include Odom in the mix.

Can't wait till out big comes back, not only does our defense and rebouding improve...but our boy Pau Gasol will be a new Odom, he'll be so much more comfortable at the 4...it'll just make our team that much more dangerous.

It's a shame Ariza isn't coming back this season (possibly), I like him a lot more then Walton or Radmanovic...those guys are liabilities defensively.

But then again our defense will improve significantly at the 3 and 5 spots when Bynum comes back because our starting 5 will be Fisher, Bryant, Odom, Gasol and Bynum.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #13
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Killer_Instinct has an OK reputation so far

How quickly Laker fans forget. Until LA wins 3 rings in a row with Gasol, this shouldn't even be a discussion. No way this Lakers team becomes more so of a Dyanasty than the Shaq-led Lakers. I beleive LA may be able to sneak a ring, but not 3 or more. Much less a 3 peat. If that happens, then this discussion would be in question.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:25 AM   #14
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

Here are my thoughts:

If Shaq and Kobe could have put aside their B.S. and played the game (like Magic said) - this team could have won 5 championships. Too large egos - one team - no luck.

Kobe and Pau have a chemistry brewing that could be special. It's nice to see Lamar play with those two and he looks to be settling in nicely. Add Bynum to the mix and that gives them a dangerous 4 some. Nothing like the Lakers have seen.

So - comparing REGULAR season - this current team has something that older teams didn't (at least since the Magic - Cooper - Scott - Worthy - Jabbar). Their bench is solid (the best in the league) and their starting five is friggin awesome combo. Attitudes/friendships and egos all mesh together. They are on a mission and you can see it in their eyes.

The overlooked acquisition? Fisher. He has provided stability and leadership at the point. And his prescence is evident in the success that Farmar is seeing this year.

I LOVE the Lakers - LOOOVVVVEE THEM
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:11 AM   #15
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
How quickly Laker fans forget. Until LA wins 3 rings in a row with Gasol, this shouldn't even be a discussion. No way this Lakers team becomes more so of a Dyanasty than the Shaq-led Lakers. I beleive LA may be able to sneak a ring, but not 3 or more. Much less a 3 peat. If that happens, then this discussion would be in question.
this team is younger and deeper than than the shaq era lakers.. they get this dialed in we could be loking at several years of top level play from these guys
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: