Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-29-2008, 03:53 AM   #1
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Default Damn Celts get freebies Brown/Cassell

This directly affects the Lakers because a good majority of Laker fans see the Celts as mortal enemies lol.

Being a hardcore Laker fan, I really didn't want to see Sam I am going to the big green machine for free and son of a gun it has happened.

In another brilliant move they nabbed PJ too. Man that really came out of nowhere.

I was hoping that lack of depth was going to sink them, but now those two pieces may be enough to push them past Detroit and into the Finals where they would surely have home court advantage against the west.

On the flip side, if the Lakers can manage to get to the finals it should create an epic battle! It could be the 80's all over again....and really that wouldn't be so bad. To go through a loaded west and defeat your arch enemy.....and kobe with 9 digets....that would be a finish made in Hollywood

As much as I hate to admit it, I have to give big props to Ainge and co. for rebuilding that franchise literally overnight.

Ok I'm done venting, I fell better now
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:23 AM   #2
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Damn Celts get freebies Brown/Cassell

I would also call Gasol a freebie:) But yea i agree, Celtics just got much deeper. As old as they both are, I believe they can both still contribute given they are only playing with them a 3rd of the season and don't have to go through the rigors of the reg. season. Sam pretty much had the whole season off recovering from injuries so he is as fresh as a 38 yr old is going to be. But even at that age, he is still a solid leader on the floor. And he has played with KG so he doesn't have to get used to playing with him. Rondo has been solid, but Cassell will balance him ut because he can shoot and hit big shots. Brown gives them a n option at power forward and center as well. A rotation of Glen Davis, Perkins, and PJ gives them a solid bench rotation.

It would be a good match up against the Lakers. We have Gasol vs KG, Kobe v Allen, LO v Pierce and Cassel/Rondo v Fish/Farmar. Good match ups. Also its going to be which bench is going to be able to step it up in the pressure of the playoffs. I like our chances though. We are really clicking and rolling on all cylinders. Gasol and Bynum will defend KG well and Kobe is far superior to Allen and LO and Pierce are cancel each other out. Our bench has better shooters and high energy players too. I also think we are playing better D
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:30 AM   #3
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Hey, how come Popanitch don't go harping or whine on this? Why just to Lakers? I hope they slaughter the Spur *ss like 300 warriors on playoff time.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

Pop also did not say anything about the K.G. trade either which was HIGHLY criticized in the media. Eff him man.

If someone thinks P.J. Brown and Cassell are what will put this team over the top, they are nuts. They are a good team as it stands.

Oh and you forgot one thing - we'll have Ariza/Bynum and Radman back for playoff time.

Fisher/Farmar
Bryant/Sasha/Ariza
Odom/Radman/Walton
Gasol/Turiaf
Bynum/Mbenga

Yeah, I think we'll be O - K.

:party2:
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

pj brown? ehhh not like he's going to do anything but take up bench space and play off the bench, he hasn't played in almost a year now...
cassell what's he gonna do, suddenly get over his aches and pains and get 5 years younger? i can see cassell helping as a guy off the bench but not much more..he has a strong personality though and because of it i can also see him stepping on some toes...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #6
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

They are both nice veteran pickups to shore up their bench, but it doesn't worry me. Neither of them stand a chance of keeping up with the speed of the Lakers bench (should we get to the point where we play them), Farmar and Turiaf would run them both off the floor.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #7
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
They are both nice veteran pickups to shore up their bench, but it doesn't worry me. Neither of them stand a chance of keeping up with the speed of the Lakers bench (should we get to the point where we play them), Farmar and Turiaf would run them both off the floor.

Nuff Said
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lool come on guys PJ brown? How long is it gonna take the man to get back in shape. At least a month or too. He won't be ready by the time finals come around.

Cassel will mess up Boston's system IMO. He's a guy that enjoys posting up from the 3 pt line and taking tough shots and I dont see him making those anymore especially since boston is a passing team.

Cassel won't be able to play that great of defense either.

not worried.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:35 AM   #9
d_white089
Let's Go.....

Cassell is not going to help Ray Allen or Paul Pierce at all. If anything he'll be a distraction to those two IMO.

Is it just me or is it really annoying when veterans do this?
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:36 AM   #10
d_white089
Let's Go.....

^^^ especially if they're not going to the lakers :)
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:43 AM   #11
dd24
College superstar

First of all great post. With that said. I've always thought Cassell was one of the most under rated PG's in the game. We may forget he's played with both Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett. But he is also older than time now and under sized. He will have a hard time playing against Billups and Stuckey. While it did make the Celtics deeper (which upsets me) I don't think they are better than the Pistons at this point. Gaurd play will be huge in the playoffs and on paper it is still Lakers vs. Pistons (rematch). Even with this acquisition the Celts still aren't deeper than the Pistons, but it will be a great 7 game series.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: