Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 03-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #31
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The 2008 game thread.

is avery uncomfortable with young players? (wright is in his 3rd year IIRC)

and stack has never played very good D, has he?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #32
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
is avery uncomfortable with young players? (wright is in his 3rd year IIRC)

and stack has never played very good D, has he?

Coaches love battlehardened vets, especially in the playoffs, and really the playoffs have already begun in the west.

I agree to give the youngster some min and let him sink or swim a little out there.

All coaches though seem to lean on their vets when faced with decisions.

NJ tonight starts a string of 5 games that they should win. Let's see if they can take care of biz.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:41 PM   #33
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yes i know coaches tend to be that way (i'm a sports fan, heh)... but i was asking for something specific on avery.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #34
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
Yeah, why? Is it because I moderate a few other forums other than the Spurs? Living in Iowa, it's kind of hard to find a favorite team, and I"m still somewhat in my baby years as a fan. But I like the Spurs team, and I'll be liking them for years to come. I like some of the young talent we have, and hopefully with some luck we could be a pretty good team after Duncan & Co. leave.
Who is young and on this team. Last time i checked they had a lot of old vetran players like stoudamire, udoka, bowen, vaughn, Duncan, thomas, when resigned Brent Barry. seriously who is young on this team?
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #35
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow Mavs trampled the Heat 98-73. But i say J-kidd had a horrible game with 5,6,5 though he only played 23:15 minutes.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #36
gigantes
A piece of fluff

plus he only took three shots. so that said, those are pretty good numbers. projected out to his usual 30-35 MPG he would have once again flirted with a TD.

well, anyway... now the real games begin, eh?

so we know that the team can blow out average teams with kidd. but can they get over the hump and beat any of the elite teams with kidd?
Old 03-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #37
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
plus he only took three shots. so that said, those are pretty good numbers. projected out to his usual 30-35 MPG he would have once again flirted with a TD.

well, anyway... now the real games begin, eh?

so we know that the team can blow out average teams with kidd. but can they get over the hump and beat any of the elite teams with kidd?

Only time will tell us!
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:51 AM   #38
gigantes
A piece of fluff

strike one. >.<

altho "A" for freaking effort with the huge comeback and almost stealing the game from the lakers.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:39 PM   #39
marla07860
I hit open layups

marla07860 has an OK reputation so far

I'm happy to see mavs lose , I feel bad for kidd though.
marla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #40
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

cant wait for tommorow w/ da Spurs should be entertaining but if they dont win mavs slip to 0-7 against teams over .500 w/ Kidd
Old 03-23-2008, 02:20 PM   #41
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Uh-oh, Dirk's hurt. Hopefully it isn't too serious.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:38 PM   #42
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Uh-oh, Dirk's hurt. Hopefully it isn't too serious.
On ESPN Radio it said he is going to be out with a hurt leg and ankle for two weeks. Even though im not a fan and shouldnt really be up set... I am if this injury causes Dallas to miss the playoffs the Nets lose their pick
Actually Here is something better: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=702
Old 03-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #43
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Who is young and on this team. Last time i checked they had a lot of old vetran players like stoudamire, udoka, bowen, vaughn, Duncan, thomas, when resigned Brent Barry. seriously who is young on this team?

Hm, then you didn't check very well. Parker is still young, Tiago Splitter should be coming over soon, Ian Mahinmi is a project, but there might be potential, Matt Bonner, and Ime Udoka off the top of my head, and we have a first and second rounder this year to try and pick up a steal. Sure, late 1sts don't often amount to much, but San Antonio's done a good job at getting guys late in the draft and turning them into quality players.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #44
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Hm, then you didn't check very well. Parker is still young, Tiago Splitter should be coming over soon, Ian Mahinmi is a project, but there might be potential, Matt Bonner, and Ime Udoka off the top of my head, and we have a first and second rounder this year to try and pick up a steal. Sure, late 1sts don't often amount to much, but San Antonio's done a good job at getting guys late in the draft and turning them into quality players.
Oh I didn't know about all those guys over seas. you have a video of their play im pretty interested in that kind of stuff
Old 03-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #45
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Oh I didn't know about all those guys over seas. you have a video of their play im pretty interested in that kind of stuff

Nope I'm just making a judgment based on the fact that Tiago Splitter at one time was even thought of as a lottery pick in one of the drafts, maybe 2005 or 2006, not sure. Hopefully we can turn him into a solid double-figure scorer.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: