Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 03-12-2008, 09:19 AM   #76
Weez65
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Weez65 has decent reputationWeez65 has decent reputation
Default Re: Save The Sonics

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...9&sportCat=nba

Not sure how I missed this but it has some good points in it by the writer. And then some interesting email responses.

I believe this is part two of the ESPN story linked at the beginning of this thread.

I didnt see this linked in the SoS thread. If it has been, i apologize.

This is a 12 day old article though, fair warning. :P
Weez65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #77
Weez65

And btw, I LOVE the idea about walking onto the court and delaying the game to protest. The image of 3000 sonic fans standing on the basketball floor and chanting SAVE our SONICS for 10 minutes while the rest of the country watches the nationally televised game...

If the Sonics are gonna leave ill still boycott the NBA in all aspects, but at least id have that last defiant memory.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #78
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weez65
And btw, I LOVE the idea about walking onto the court and delaying the game to protest. The image of 3000 sonic fans standing on the basketball floor and chanting SAVE our SONICS for 10 minutes while the rest of the country watches the nationally televised game...

If the Sonics are gonna leave ill still boycott the NBA in all aspects, but at least id have that last defiant memory.

i think it would be great too

but

the nba execs wouldnt show it for long. they would probably briefly show it but then go to commercials or back to the studio for some lame commentary on the other games as a distraction
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:33 PM   #79
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

I'm with you guys, I would have been pissed if my Raptors got shipped out just because they were struggling. You have all the might and political leverage of a 20 year old Canadian university student ON YOUR SIDE! Be not afraid!
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:26 PM   #80
Weez65

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
i think it would be great too

but

the nba execs wouldnt show it for long. they would probably briefly show it but then go to commercials or back to the studio for some lame commentary on the other games as a distraction

Probably true RBP, but I think the msg would still get through if people saw it from even a few seconds, not too mention it would be shown on every sports highlight for at least that night. That sort of thing may even turn out to be one of those lasting images they never stop showing.

Quote:
I'm with you guys, I would have been pissed if my Raptors got shipped out just because they were struggling. You have all the might and political leverage of a 20 year old Canadian university student ON YOUR SIDE! Be not afraid!
Today 07:43 AM

Appreciate the support man. We need all we can get. But i have to tell you, this move has nothing to do with struggling in any form or use of the word.

If the Sonics were a playoff basketball team this ownership would stil be looking to move. If this team were selling out every game ( and from what i hear attendance is only down a little, witch is expected when u see the record. ) THIS ownership would still be looking for a way out. It was always about bringing a NBA team to okc for this guy. Right from the start.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:35 PM   #81
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

I think that the owners are trying to save the Sonics by moving them.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #82
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
I think that the owners are trying to save the Sonics by moving them.

I think you either have the worst sense of humor in the world, or you're a troll.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:47 PM   #83
Weez65

Couple of gems for you guys, a little walk down memory lane.

Gus was my favorite Sonic when i was a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ16OdiJOC4

The end of game 4, 1979

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xus1gNLl6Zo
Old 03-12-2008, 11:56 PM   #84
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Couple of gems for you guys, a little walk down memory lane.

Gus was my favorite Sonic when i was a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ16OdiJOC4

good find w65

also showing wally walker in his better days

danny vranes, bill hanzlik, james bailey were totally forgetable sonics
Old 03-13-2008, 12:22 AM   #85
Weez65

What we have been saying basically, set to a short video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Urx...eature=related

And a slightly different version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeV7t...eature=related

Last edited by Weez65 : 03-13-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:24 AM   #86
Weez65

pre-game before game 7 of the 78 finals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Oi1...eature=related
Old 03-13-2008, 12:29 AM   #87
Weez65

Sight devoted to saving the Sonics. Something to keep an eye on.

http://www.saveoursonics.org/
Old 03-13-2008, 09:32 AM   #88
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
pre-game before game 7 of the 78 finals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Oi1...eature=related

game 7 was the most heart-wrenching loss in sonic history

dj went 0-14 i believe...
Old 03-14-2008, 12:11 AM   #89
oldschool
I hit open 5-footers

oldschool has an OK reputation so far

Bump
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:05 PM   #90
iamgine

iamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputation

The Seattle SuperSonics have reached a preliminary agreement with Oklahoma City to lease the Ford Center.
Quote:
The deal has to be approved by NBA team owners next month, and it can't take effect until the Sonics break their lease in Seattle. Regardless, Oklahoma City is making a push to bring back professional basketball.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: