Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-01-2008, 01:48 PM   #16
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Tyronn Lue...

No more trades or adding other players to our current laker team. The only trade I want to see is Bynum and Ariza giving up their suits and putting that purple and gold back on soon.

Lakers had a great month of Feb 13-2 is awesome.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #17
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Don't forget that once the playoffs start the bench usually shortens down to 8 or 9 total players. The starters minutes will increase too.

PG DFish
SG Kobe
C Bynum
PF Gasol
SF Odom

Bench Farmar/Sasha/Turiaf/ will get the bulk of the bench minutes and then a few scarce minutes for Vlad/Walton/Ariza to fight over.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:31 PM   #18
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
why is it every guy who becomes available suddenly is a "must have" all world player, why is it that these guys suddenly develope talents that nobody else has seen? lol

I dont know what you're talking about, I dont sit there waiting for free agents to become available and then make a thread about that. I simply think and know this is a great Idea to bring back another PG that can show our guards the meaning of lockdown D. Im sick of Fisher giving up wide open shots and getting his ass posted up by the stronger guards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
lue is a journey man PG at best, has never done anything to ditinguish himself as a gotta have player, that's why he's played for 7 teams in 12 years...

Journey men has nothing to do with it. The fact is this guy knows how to play on both ends of the court and is very well experienced, with the lakers and with other teams in different situations, whether it be winning a championship, or losing and missing the playoffs. It'd be great to have a guy like him. Jimmy Jackson played for more teams in his career, does that automatically make him a bad player? no, he simply brings good trade value. There's nothing wrong with players like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
as for knowing the triangle he played under phil for two seasons.. in two seasons he played in a total of 46 games and started once..yeah he was a real cog in the wheel that one.... there are reasons some guys are EX lakers...lol

Phil said it himself, it takes two years to completely master the triangle. Its an offense that you dont forget once you learn because it's all about high IQ and instincts.

Reason he didnt play a lot was because we had Harper, and Fisher. Fisher is a better offensive guard, but Tyronn Lue's defense is really necessary to have. Thats what I have been focusing on, his defense.

Don't you think if we made the finals, his D would help so much on young inexperienced guys like Rondo? Or maybe help guys like chauncey suffer a bit? Tyronn would be perfect for any job. He can play

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
look no further than his salary..he has never had a contract for more than 3.5 million..that tells you right there no team has ever thought of him as anything more than a bench player and now he's better than fisher...lol

I never said he was better than fisher. Once again Salary's got nothing to do with it. For crying out loud people think Fisher is overpaid with his 4 million a year. I dont think of him as a starter either. Thats why I said when guys like fish or farmar struggle, we have a guy like Tyronn that can step up and play some hard core defense, because come on..

its no secret that when Farmar and Fisher struggle offensively, they become worse defensively. Its gonna happen. Like we have been seeing lately from Fisher and previously have seen from farmar.

I know what you're going to say next, "We're first place with a 13-2 record this month."

thats all well and good but we can still miss the playoffs....and let me ask, what did we do to get to first place? We played on both ends of the court, and nobody was playing with any ego.

Well Right now Fisher can't buy a basket with the deed to his house, all his wide open jumpshots are off! He even airballed it against Miami last game when noone closed out on him.

He's not going to keep shooting bad I know, but when he does, he doesnt play defense, and we're gonna need someone like Lue to step in whenever that happens.

I hope you see my point.

Its not about replacing fisher at all. its just to bring some more fresh players.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #19
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
PG that can show our guards the meaning of lockdown D.

haha lue lock down defender? nevermind if you think he's a lockdown defender this conversation is pointless..

he makes below average money because he's a below average player, he has below average numbers because he's a below average player he plays below average minutes because he is a below averge player...

12 years in the league..

he has 9 blocked shots in 12 years his career average is "ZERO" what a lockdown defender!

he has never averaged 1 steal per game, never, not in 12 years (0.6 career)

1.8 total rebounds career

his turnover rating is 3 times his total blocks and steals added together

what does he do? he scores 9 points a game on 43% shooting so even his offense is below average...

once again theres a reason this guy is used as filler in trades and gets moved from one team to another, he's a below average player, he's cheap and you can fill your roster with him and his his below average salary
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #20
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I remember Tyronn Lue vs Iverson in the finals a few years back. Made it difficult for iverson to breathe.

We can't have sasha on tony parker or nash as sasha is too big for them. He's done it against Nash before But I would feel more comfortable knowing we have a true PG that can defend.

The way I see it, we have defense at all positions except for the PG spot.

Tyronn is good for us. We should get him. I don't think Farmar is completely ready for 24 mpg of playoff action.

Can someone refresh my mind a bit.

Because I remember him but FROM what I remember is this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=grXws5m11SA&feature=related

And fish has D.
Why are WE worried about guarding other teams???
OTHER Teams should be worried about guarding OUR team.
Mr. 24, Lamar, Bynum, Pow pow gasol,

I could of stopped at kobe.

And if we ever needed someone to guard another teams guard.
Phil could just let that number 24 guy have the assignment
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
haha lue lock down defender? nevermind if you think he's a lockdown defender this conversation is pointless..

he makes below average money because he's a below average player, he has below average numbers because he's a below average player he plays below average minutes because he is a below averge player...

12 years in the league..

he has 9 blocked shots in 12 years his career average is "ZERO" what a lockdown defender!

he has never averaged 1 steal per game, never, not in 12 years (0.6 career)

1.8 total rebounds career

his turnover rating is 3 times his total blocks and steals added together

what does he do? he scores 9 points a game on 43% shooting so even his offense is below average...

once again theres a reason this guy is used as filler in trades and gets moved from one team to another, he's a below average player, he's cheap and you can fill your roster with him and his his below average salary

Lol this is funny because when its about Smush Parker averaging 2 steals, Stats dont mean anything at all and yet When I'm talking about the beautiful defense that Tyronn plays on guys like iverson in very intense situations, he doesnt put up steals and blocks and thats bad defense from him?

Im talking about him tiring out the other team's starting PG. We have seen him do it before. I can honestly say if we sign him and tell him he is here for defense, he would go back to that same D he played on iverson.

If you want to bring up Offense, I believe derek fisher is somewhere between 38-41% Career on field goals. He started out extremely hot this year but now cant buy a basket the last several games. He's very one dimensional, and can't make a layup to save his life.

Please, can you show me Fisher's layup percentage from 82games.com?

The man is very 1 dimensional and Jumpshooters do not last come playoff time because they cool off, and they will keep shooting, giving the other team more opportunities to run against us.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Can someone refresh my mind a bit.

Because I remember him but FROM what I remember is this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=grXws5m11SA&feature=related

And fish has D.
Why are WE worried about guarding other teams???
OTHER Teams should be worried about guarding OUR team.
Mr. 24, Lamar, Bynum, Pow pow gasol,

I could of stopped at kobe.

And if we ever needed someone to guard another teams guard.
Phil could just let that number 24 guy have the assignment

oh sure,

1 play where Tyronn actually recovered pretty well and Iverson making a tough shot. You're forgetting it's allen Iverson. One of the greatest ballhandlers in the game finally got a shot on Lue.

The point is at the time, Iverson had to work for ALL hist field goal attempts.

Tyronn played good enough D to tire iverson out then Kobe had his chances to Stuff Iverson dirty.

For you to pull out that youtube video really has no proof of Tyronn being a guy that gets owned but rather that Iverson is so great at what he does. Thats why we need Tyronn back, to make iverson WORK!
Old 03-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #23
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

fisher is a better defender than lue.

adding him wouldnt hurt but doesnt make sense...he'd get like 5 mins/gm anyways...fisher is our guy now and farmar is our future, we're fine there.

Last edited by hotsizzle : 03-01-2008 at 06:37 PM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #24
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Im talking about him tiring out the other team's starting PG.
you don't "tire out" an opponent by playing defense, otherwise nash would never last a game... you tire him out by making him PLAY defense...
Old 03-02-2008, 01:42 AM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
you don't "tire out" an opponent by playing defense, otherwise nash would never last a game... you tire him out by making him PLAY defense...

the way you can tire someone out defensively is by making the person work to get the ball.

Why do you think it was so tough for Iverson to get his points? because Tyronn wouldn't allow him to catch the ball and Iverson had to run all over the place and when he did get the ball, he wasn't in his comfort zones.

3 active point guards will make a PG like iverson have to defend anyways.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:50 AM   #26
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

I was at the finals and saw Lue play solid defense on Iverson......But he has survived on that series ever since.......teams keep looking for that from him but it is gone forever.......like waiting for Shaq to score 61 points again.....aint gonna happen!!!!!!! Funny how the Iverson stopper and the Kobe stopper are looking for jobs this year....lol.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:09 AM   #27
gts
Sons of Antartica

lakerfreak your high... lol

game 1 iverson 48 points 6 assists
game 2 iverson 26 points 3 assists
game 3 iverson 35 points 4 assists
game 4 iverson 35 points 6 assists
game 5 iverson 37 points 3 assists

iverson was the highest scorer in the playoffs and led in assists too... lue did not shut iverson down the lakers as a team did not shut him down..they just shut down everyone else and let iverson try and win on his own...
Old 03-02-2008, 02:20 AM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
lakerfreak your high... lol

game 1 iverson 48 points 6 assists
game 2 iverson 26 points 3 assists
game 3 iverson 35 points 4 assists
game 4 iverson 35 points 6 assists
game 5 iverson 37 points 3 assists

iverson was the highest scorer in the playoffs and led in assists too... lue did not shut iverson down the lakers as a team did not shut him down..they just shut down everyone else and let iverson try and win on his own...

lol gts your turning into Loki right before my eyes

That was Iverson at his best. Tyronn just made it tough for him to get the ball.

I just think it isnt safe to have only 2 point guards. Coby Karl is very inexperienced still and wouldnt be ready to play. That third PG has to be a veteran and someone that can step in for when our other 2 guards struggle.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:36 AM   #29
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
lol gts your turning into Loki right before my eyes
nah because if i was loki i'd point out lue scored a total of 17 points in the entire series and had a total of 7 assists...lol

point guards just are not important in the triangle like they are in other systems... the leading assist man on a jackson coached team had traditonally been the shooting guard or small forward.. matter of fact only once in all of phils years has a point guard led the team in assists (payton)

add, sasha can gaurd the opposing point as he does so quite often now and he does play the point spot too so we really do have 3 point guards already
Old 03-02-2008, 10:48 PM   #30
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
nah because if i was loki i'd point out lue scored a total of 17 points in the entire series and had a total of 7 assists...lol

point guards just are not important in the triangle like they are in other systems... the leading assist man on a jackson coached team had traditonally been the shooting guard or small forward.. matter of fact only once in all of phils years has a point guard led the team in assists (payton)

add, sasha can gaurd the opposing point as he does so quite often now and he does play the point spot too so we really do have 3 point guards already

Solid work GTS.....Solid!!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: