Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Jeffries can help the team big.

even though i said signing jeffries was a mistake when u think about it this is a good move. yea the knicks got a lot of small fowards but this is a good move. im preety sure they are goin to get rid of some guys but jeffries can help the team. he can defend different positions and he can rebound. he knows he not goin to score he can do the little things to help the knicks win. and he is only 24 so he can get better.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
DaveM123
I brick open layups

DaveM123 has an OK reputation so far

Excellent pick up for the Knicks. Solidifies the team as......

the worst team in the NBA.
DaveM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:46 PM   #3
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

lets see what u say when the knicks are in the playoffs
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 PM   #4
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

Jeffries does what a lot of analysts and articles are saying. He balances out our Knick basketball team. in teh starting lineup we have Marbury/Francis/Frye/Curry. That is all offense. We needed a defensive minded player with versatility and hustle and we got that with Jeffries. He can handle the ball well for his size and he can play/guard every position. He is waht we needed and if haters don't think so then oh well. They'll find out soon enough.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

No seriously Skywalker, this was a good move. He can play great defense and he is so versatile and he is athletic. All the Knicks need is defense. They don't need any more offense.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:28 PM   #6
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

He is an alright player but you guys overpaid for him. He will help out your team but again you guys payed to much for him.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #7
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
He is an alright player but you guys overpaid for him. He will help out your team but again you guys payed to much for him.
Did we pay too much for Jeffries?

I know we did but still any other team that was gonna get him was gonna have to pay the same amount.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #8
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

hes a solid role player but u overpaid for him(any1 wouldve besides washington) and u already got a ton of forwards, so its jus gonna further complicate ur playing time situation. As for brooklyn child, no way u make playoffs. U will improve, but not by 20 games...cmon...
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:51 AM   #9
mr. chew
I hit open layups

mr. chew has an OK reputation so far

the jefferies signing was ok. we did need to improve defensively. but he better be worth his 5yr/30mil. the knicks are supposed to be built like the suns. but how? we have NO rebounding help at all, a need isiah needed to fill desperately. with all our guards jackin up shots, who the hell is going to clean up? we also could use a serviceable backup C. we all know eddy curry isnt gonna be playin 82 games, and god forbid i see malike rose gettin some time at center. jerome james? please. our C position will be a huge question mark as injuries are bound to pile up. also, unless QRich can bounce back, we have no shooters on this team. I mean a dead eye shooter. a guy that can spread the defense on a consistent basis.

i just dont see the knicks winning more that 35 games this year. hopefully im wrong, but i think isiah has a lot of cleaning up to do. lets hope we get some people with those expiring contracts this year.

btw, we're paying houston, shandon, and JYD a total of 35mil for this year alone, and NONE of them are on this roster. GOOD GOD!
mr. chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #10
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

washington was going to match anything lower, but i agree with all you people who hate the knicks, we did pay him to much but oh well thats zeke for you, q rich is next going bye bye
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
washington was going to match anything lower, but i agree with all you people who hate the knicks, we did pay him to much but oh well thats zeke for you, q rich is next going bye bye

i agree. i think they will make the playoffs. and improvement of 20 games would only bring them to 43 wins. they should win more than that i give em 45-48 wins. they still got a lot of more trades to make like q-rich for another defender. they got plenty of offense. scoring wasn't their problem. they just didn't try to play under lb. jalen won't play in a knick uniform this seaon. he'll be gone for a bloated contract but the knicks don't mind spending. they just need to make wins out of it.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:55 PM   #12
dblockcity
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dblockcity has an OK reputation so far
Default Jeffries is a good addition

Why is everyone so concerned with how much money the knicks spend when its not coming out your pocket. Look the knicks made a nice addition (Jeffries) to there team are they playoff bound? We dont know yet but they are taking the steps in the right direction. Im pretty sure there are still some moves to be made that can get alot of the veterans off the team that we dont really want to see play anyway (Jalen rose, malik rose, mo taylor, jerome james). I wouldnt mind if isiah gave up his love affair with nate robinson and traded him.At the end of the day the success of this team depends on whether stephon marbury can finally grow up and become a leader, whether he and francis can mesh well and play decent defense and whether Eddy Curry comes to camp in shape and plays with some passion and desire because if curry cant play 30-35 minutes of productive basketball on a consistent basis the knicks will go nowhere.
dblockcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #13
dblockcity

dblockcity has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
i agree. i think they will make the playoffs. and improvement of 20 games would only bring them to 43 wins. they should win more than that i give em 45-48 wins. they still got a lot of more trades to make like q-rich for another defender. they got plenty of offense. scoring wasn't their problem. they just didn't try to play under lb. jalen won't play in a knick uniform this seaon. he'll be gone for a bloated contract but the knicks don't mind spending. they just need to make wins out of it.

Correction LB screwed the knicks fans over last year he pulls this stuff all the time and then puts on a puppy dog face after he does so that everyone can feel sorry for him but after he is compensated by the knicks he will be collecting checks for 3 teams none of which he is currently coaching. Larry brow is a snak and its time you real knicks fans stand up and realize it. the best decision james dolan has made since he took over the knicks was firing larry brown.
dblockcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #14
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
lets see what u say when the knicks are in the playoffs
Knicks?playoffs?this year? ok.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:13 PM   #15
ariza

ariza has an OK reputation so far
Default Future lineup

Marbury(no defense)
QRich(okay defense)
Jefferies(good defense)
Frye(will need time to learn D)
Curry(must improve)

Crawford has to be sixth man and not start because he plays no D. When he and Marbury were on the floor together, everyone gets by them.

I could live with this lineup. Franchise,M.Taylor, and J. Rose have to go. They are notorious chemistry killers.

This team could get 40 wins
ariza is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: