Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #16
dblockcity
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10
dblockcity has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariza
Marbury(no defense)
QRich(okay defense)
Jefferies(good defense)
Frye(will need time to learn D)
Curry(must improve)

Crawford has to be sixth man and not start because he plays no D. When he and Marbury were on the floor together, everyone gets by them.

I could live with this lineup. Franchise,M.Taylor, and J. Rose have to go. They are notorious chemistry killers.

This team could get 40 wins
First of all Crawford played way better defense than marbury last year give him some credit he was the best knick player last year. I can live with franchise i worry more about marbury than i do him i think he has gotten a bad rap unjustly. Because he totally changed his game last year when he was in orlando and nobody talks about that. Also to add to your list of knicks id like to see go is nate robinson.
dblockcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #17
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09
 
kobedaman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 3,354
kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default

The Knicks should weight out the options on Crawford. Hes an expensive player and complains about his playing time a lot. I think he wants to leave NY too. He was used to starting until Jalen and Franchise came along.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #18
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
brooklynchild155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 780
brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default

where u get your infomation from. crawford dont complain about playin time. how hes goin to complain about playin time while he gets playin time.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:08 AM   #19
shafir
I>You. Get over it.
 
shafir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,334
shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Crawford has NEVER complained about playing time, you dont know what youre talking about.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:30 PM   #20
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!
 
oldknickfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY: Chumps to champs by 2012?
Posts: 1,389
oldknickfan has decent reputation
Default

Jeffries cost the Knicks $60 million (including $30M for being over the cap). I think he will help, but:

. Although he guards the other team's best player, he will not out-score or out-rebound anyone.
. Will his six points and 5 rebounds per game be effective even if he holds the best player 10 points under their average? Lets say Kobie or DWade scores 20 instead of 30 with Jefries guarding him, that is still 14 more than, Jeffries. If Crawford scored 20 and held Kobie or Dwade to 25, it still would be one point better.
. Is jeffries worth $60 Million?
. Can he compare to $60 Millionplayers?
. Who says cost does not matter? The knicks will never get quality free agents until they get under the cap. Have you seen knick ticket prices and/or your CableBlindness bills lately?
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:19 PM   #21
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
brooklynchild155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 780
brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default

its not goin to cost the knicks 60 million if it did the knicks wouldnt do it
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #22
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09
 
kobedaman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 3,354
kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
where u get your infomation from. crawford dont complain about playin time. how hes goin to complain about playin time while he gets playin time.
I mean he complains about not getting enough playing time. He played about 32 minutes last year. He wants 36-40 a game, but that was too much so he didnt get it.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:17 PM   #23
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

WOW, crawford does not want to leave NY? he LOVES the knicks and he doesnt complain about playing time
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:27 AM   #24
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09
 
kobedaman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 3,354
kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
WOW, crawford does not want to leave NY? he LOVES the knicks and he doesnt complain about playing time
He DID complain. Im not saying he does right now. Crawford doesnt want to stay because he likes the spotlight, just how most veterans like it, and they dont want to share it.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:06 AM   #25
Supafly79
I airball my layups
 
Supafly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 53
Supafly79 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
He DID complain. Im not saying he does right now. Crawford doesnt want to stay because he likes the spotlight, just how most veterans like it, and they dont want to share it.

Kobe, u r killin me with this Crawford complainiing stuff that never happen. Please come correct when u r stating facts because everybody that followed the team know that Jamal NEVA EVa complained about playin time since hes' been a Knick.
Supafly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:52 AM   #26
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

when you find me a link that says jamal complained about playing time or anything else you show me, because jamal never complained he was always hyped about coming off the bench
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #27
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09
 
kobedaman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 3,354
kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
when you find me a link that says jamal complained about playing time or anything else you show me, because jamal never complained he was always hyped about coming off the bench
I cant now because the seasons over. It was around the all star break.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:57 PM   #28
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
I cant now because the seasons over. It was around the all star break.

don't believe it
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:34 PM   #29
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!
 
oldknickfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY: Chumps to champs by 2012?
Posts: 1,389
oldknickfan has decent reputation
Default

Crawford was the most improved Knick last year!

He responded to LB's criticism of his skill at PG, D and shot selection by stepping up in all areas to become a very solid all-around player who LB played at crunch time. He is a great shooting guard and the Knick second best point guard after Marbury.

More often than not, LB gave the ball to Crawford with the game on the line and Crawford, who has one of the best crossover dribbles in the game, took the last shot -- and won the game.

Crawford went from a starter to the sixth man and NEVER once complained. IMHO he was the Knicks MVP last year!

Totally coachable and unselfish, he was great on the court and in the locker room -- and never was reported as having complained even once!

Last edited by oldknickfan : 08-15-2006 at 05:38 PM.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:15 PM   #30
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09
 
kobedaman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 3,354
kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default

Whatever you say...
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy