Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far
Default Blazers Broadcasters

I live in Sac so I have the ticket and watched the Blazers telecast. The Broadcasters are horrible they should put a cheer leading outfit on and some pom poms. Or maybe some make-up and join the circus cause they are clowns
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:56 PM   #2
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Blazers Broadcasters

^I agree last night was a good game but, those broadcasters sound crazy to me. These guys are not in touch with the league. You would have thought the Trail Blazers were the TEAM to beat and not the lakers.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
^I agree last night was a good game but, those broadcasters sound crazy to me. These guys are not in touch with the league. You would have thought the Trail Blazers were the TEAM to beat and not the lakers.
Glad it just wasn't me, they are even worse than SACS Finest Grant Napear and Company. Trust me they are hard to beat at being the worst.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

I live in West Virginia and have NBA League Pass and 13439% agree. That crap about "where were you when kobe got called for an offensive foul" almost made me hit the mute button.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
Crash
Its Showtime

Crash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this board

Oh my god what a great thread. I was thinking this as I watched the game on NBALP last night. The guys were flat out awful, flat out cheerleading at its finest... as Kobe jumped the inbound pass and the color guy yelled "Watch out for Kobe" that did it right there.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #6
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i may have heard the worst broadcaster ever... i was listening to the clippers game tonight on the raido for a bit... the radio guy a guy named brian singer was doing play by play...
now he talks alot and he uses every cliche in the book,
"rips the strings"
"flushes the cotton"
"unleashes another"
"pulls the trigger"
etc etc etc...

he never tells you what's actually going on...lol
he'll say something like hamilton "dribbling up and down pulls the trigger and rips the cord"

errr excuse me, how long was the shot? left or right side? little tear drop or a 20 footer?...lol

the guy just talks non stop and it sounds great until you realize he's actually not giving you any info at all...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:03 AM   #7
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What was the name of that Laker broadcaster a few years ago, i think right after chicky baby. He was so frustrated every game by the Lakers. I felt twice as frustrated after the game than i really was because of him lol.

I was so spoiled listening to chicky baby. I miss the hell out of that guy. Even when he kept getting Threat and Van Excel mixed up he was still the man! They gotta bring back the refridgerator!

I watched a little bit of the Celts/Suns game and he announcer, former coach, arg I can't remeber his name, anyways he kept saying how pleased Doc Rivers was going to be with the effort the C's showed????? What effort???? Walton called him on it too in the post game show lol.

Chicy just set the bar too high, its so hard for to really like any announcer

GTS, yeah that Clipper guy is so funny, I noticed the same thing, he gets so damn excited but you cant really get a picture of whats going on. "Maggette lets it fly..Drains it A-GAIN!" I always think wow that what a great play....what was the play? lol.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:26 AM   #8
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

paul sunderland was the guy that filled in for chick then replaced him... yeah he got a little too personally involved with the game...

spiro sp* that does radio for the lakers now is awesome.. has his own style, gives a good desciption of what's going on, analyzes the game well constantly gives the score, how long the shots were reminds us

"lakers going left to right in home gold, fisher across half court, passes to gasol who's got kaman isolated at the weakside elbow, pau turns dribbles and drops a 5 footer to give the lakers a 12 pt lead on a 7-0 run"
i mean you get it all your never going huh what happened?

this clippers guy would decribe the same play like this

"fisher dribbles left handed, brevin knight covering, passes, to pau and pau burns the cords, dunlevy in a tan suit with red tie, clippers to inbound the ball"
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:37 AM   #9
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

this clippers guy would decribe the same play like this

"fisher dribbles left handed, brevin knight covering, passes, to pau and pau burns the cords, dunlevy in a tan suit with red tie, clippers to inbound the ball"

That made my day
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:09 AM   #10
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

I always liked Spero on NBATV. He's also the commentator for the Lakers History DVDs.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:12 AM   #11
lxlHoTsAuSelxl
Serious playground baller

lxlHoTsAuSelxl has no real reputation yet.

The Portland broadcasters are straight classless. You guys catch the one where they pronounced Sasha's name..."a three by Susha Vuishhish or Vuashush"...they daymn right know how to say his name since Sasha was draining them 3s a fewdays ago on Portland. Also caught another dumb comment with 3+ minutes left in the 4th when Kobe was called for a foul right before a timeout. "Kobes on the court complaining to the refs again, WHAT ELSE IS NEW*with attitude". I wonder if they cheerlead the same way when playing other teams. Classless a**holes and hope we meet them in the 1st round!!
lxlHoTsAuSelxl is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: