Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers
 
KOBEinSD24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of 16 Championships
Posts: 267
KOBEinSD24 has an OK reputation so far
Default KOBE or LBJ

Whos better?

in my opinion its kobe
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
JoHnShOeZ1492
LeBron for 12 MVP
 
JoHnShOeZ1492's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 492
JoHnShOeZ1492 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: KOBE or LBJ

are you ****ing slow? kobe iz an about to be 11 year vet and lebronz a 4year vet you cant compare the two
JoHnShOeZ1492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:40 PM   #3
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers
 
KOBEinSD24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of 16 Championships
Posts: 267
KOBEinSD24 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: KOBE or LBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHnShOeZ1492
are you ****ing slow? kobe iz an about to be 11 year vet and lebronz a 4year vet you cant compare the two

its a good point but my dumb teammate (not a friend of anykind) says kobe sucks and lebron is the closest player to MJ but i keep tellin him that kobe is better, but yea you are right u cant compare them, but when kobe as younge as lebron who in your opinion was better not to forget that kobe has the record for most ppg by a player in the playoffs to win a championship is they're first three years

and also doesnt lebron have better teammates than kobe today?
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #4
sammdogg
Local High School Star
 
sammdogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 974
sammdogg has decent reputation
Default Re: KOBE or LBJ

i would honestly say they are equal.... its hard to compare, kobe is a better scorer, lebron can pass and rebound better. its a toss up IMO
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:32 AM   #5
Pyro
Banned
 
Pyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: OJ Mayo's Crew
Posts: 1,168
Pyro has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: KOBE or LBJ

Lebron

End Thread
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:11 AM   #6
Q.E.C
нυєy
 
Q.E.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 2,513
Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: KOBE or LBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
i would honestly say they are equal.... its hard to compare, kobe is a better scorer, lebron can pass and rebound better. its a toss up IMO


i agree with u.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #7
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat
 
Bobcat4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 4,774
Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: KOBE or LBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro
Lebron

End Thread

That was real thoughtful
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #8
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers
 
KOBEinSD24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of 16 Championships
Posts: 267
KOBEinSD24 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: KOBE or LBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro
Lebron

End Thread

good argument
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:16 AM   #9
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers
 
KOBEinSD24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of 16 Championships
Posts: 267
KOBEinSD24 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: KOBE or LBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
i would honestly say they are equal.... its hard to compare, kobe is a better scorer, lebron can pass and rebound better. its a toss up IMO

you can say that they are equal but at the end of the day has a greater hunger to win, plus he has a bigger load to carry and is handling it appropiatly on the court, he just needs better temmates so he can trust them with the ball
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:40 AM   #10
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince
 
MJ(Mean John)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lakeshow
Posts: 4,260
MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: KOBE or LBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
i would honestly say they are equal.... its hard to compare, kobe is a better scorer, lebron can pass and rebound better. its a toss up IMO



true.
kobe is a better defender.
clutch player.
last sec. shot maker.
stronger mind.
stronger will.(reall has that fire in his eyes.)
Shooter(easy)
but i'll give probs when probs are due.
that boy lebron (in the phrase that should fit Ray allen)
HE GOT GAME...
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:54 AM   #11
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince
 
MJ(Mean John)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lakeshow
Posts: 4,260
MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: KOBE or LBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
i would honestly say they are equal.... its hard to compare, kobe is a better scorer, lebron can pass and rebound better. its a toss up IMO


(keep in mind. last season)

heres my take.
L.O.>than any cav player. lets say Hughes.(im a laker fan. btw)
ok
then theres lakers
such as Kwame,Bynum,Luke,smush
Compared to Varejao, Gooden, Ilguaskas,pavlovic
Thats pretty close...imo or give that edge to Cleveland actually
Then you got Mo,Turiaf, Farmar,sasha
compared to
Snow,Gibson,Jones,Marshall,
cleveland wins that one

the only diffrence is that lakers are a young team. I think when lakers are healthy and have confidense. I think thier team is so much better. It becomes so diffrent.Lamar playing at that other level just puts them on another level. When kwame is balling and luke...thats when it gets good.
so i say that the teams are pretty close only because players on clevelands team arent really playing to thier potential. I mean all thier players have been huge parts on other teams. Like hughes,jones.Ilguasjas( former all star) Marshall, snow, etc. Lakers just have young guys who become a lot better feeding off the fans and energy and confidense
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:32 AM   #12
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 43,134
Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: KOBE or LBJ

Kobe is a better scorer than Lebron James because he is already a 12 yr. NBA Veteran this coming 2007-08 Season. Kobe focused on his offense rather than making his teammates better by becoming a better leader on and off the court.

But the argument here is the last 4 years of the career of Kobe and LeBron James 1st 4 years in the NBA.

Lebron being the better player than Kobe..
Lebron is better than Kobe at the age of 22. Lebron is carrying his team. He has no other big name superstar on his team like Kobe did. Kobe can't do it by himself. Don't say Shaq did it without Kobe. Yea, he did. But he had Wade. Shaq couldn't do anything in his early years when he was with the Magic. Lebron is probably one of the best players at the age of 22. If he gets past San Antonio this series, what will people say about him now? What can you say but praise the kid for doing everything by himself without any superstar player on his side. The Cavs are the team of the East for years to come. They will only get better.

Give Lebron Shaq in his prime and they win every series in 4 games.

Another thing, if you look at Kobe's first four years and LJ's first four years you will find that LJ is better. Why? Because LJ got thrown to the wolves his rookiee year... he had nobody to help him do anything. Instead of working on becoming a dominant shooter that scores 50 pts a game, however, he has worked towards growing as a teammate with a bunch of other young guys. Let's be honest, if all of the sudden James forgot how to pass or for whatever reason could no longer trust anyone on his team, then we'd see Bron getting 50 pts every game. He isn't a consistent net-raper like Kobe because he doesn have to be. Kobe's teammates stock only goes down the longer they play with him, and Lebron's teammates stock is soaring right now.
Lebron23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #13
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince
 
MJ(Mean John)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lakeshow
Posts: 4,260
MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: KOBE or LBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Kobe is a better scorer than Lebron James because he is already a 12 yr. NBA Veteran this coming 2007-08 Season. Kobe focused on his offense rather than making his teammates better by becoming a better leader on and off the court.

But the argument here is the last 4 years of the career of Kobe and LeBron James 1st 4 years in the NBA.

Lebron being the better player than Kobe..
Lebron is better than Kobe at the age of 22. Lebron is carrying his team. He has no other big name superstar on his team like Kobe did. Kobe can't do it by himself. Don't say Shaq did it without Kobe. Yea, he did. But he had Wade. Shaq couldn't do anything in his early years when he was with the Magic. Lebron is probably one of the best players at the age of 22. If he gets past San Antonio this series, what will people say about him now? What can you say but praise the kid for doing everything by himself without any superstar player on his side. The Cavs are the team of the East for years to come. They will only get better.

Give Lebron Shaq in his prime and they win every series in 4 games.

Another thing, if you look at Kobe's first four years and LJ's first four years you will find that LJ is better. Why? Because LJ got thrown to the wolves his rookiee year... he had nobody to help him do anything. Instead of working on becoming a dominant shooter that scores 50 pts a game, however, he has worked towards growing as a teammate with a bunch of other young guys. Let's be honest, if all of the sudden James forgot how to pass or for whatever reason could no longer trust anyone on his team, then we'd see Bron getting 50 pts every game. He isn't a consistent net-raper like Kobe because he doesn have to be. Kobe's teammates stock only goes down the longer they play with him, and Lebron's teammates stock is soaring right now.

good points.
but the last comments about The team-mates stock.
Wait.
Kwame. Is a much better player than when he got here.
Smush wasnt in the league. Maybe he hasnt improved anyone
but your saying that lebrons teammates stock is soaring???
Ilguaskas used to be an Allstar
Hughes was Part of a 3 headed monster and was thought to be a top notch player.
Jones was fresh off the heats team as a deadly shooter.
Marshall was a deadly shooter coming from the raptors and was thought to be a great forward.
Gooden was Gooden.
All these players imo are worse than before. They all play roles now and inconsistent roles.
they used to be better especially Hughes. im not saying its lebrons fault as much as it is Mike browns.
But i'll give it to you.
Gibson,Pavolic,Varejao werent spit.
now they are under a great ones wing.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:28 PM   #14
selrahc
Local High School Star
 
selrahc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,459
selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: KOBE or LBJ

kobe
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:17 PM   #15
noahg999
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
noahg999's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: D.C.
Posts: 13
noahg999 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: KOBE or LBJ

#24
noahg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy