Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 03-02-2008, 03:30 AM   #1
d_white089
Let's Go.....

Default Broadcasters

Saw this in the Lakers thread, and 100% agreed. I watched the Lakers/Blazers game on NBA League Pass, and I must say those Blazers announcers were awful. They had no idea what they were talking about. Sounded like they picked two very annoying guys off the street and asked them to call the game. May just have been that one night (i doubt it), but you guys hear them every night. Are they always that horrible?
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:28 AM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Broadcasters

I think Mike Rice is pretty bad. he is too much of a homer and says the most ridiculous things. Though, at times it is to the point of adding humor.

I think Mike Barrett is really good and very informed. At times he sounds annoyed by Mike Rice himself.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:40 AM   #3
JordanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_white089
Saw this in the Lakers thread, and 100% agreed. I watched the Lakers/Blazers game on NBA League Pass, and I must say those Blazers announcers were awful. They had no idea what they were talking about. Sounded like they picked two very annoying guys off the street and asked them to call the game. May just have been that one night (i doubt it), but you guys hear them every night. Are they always that horrible?

They were worse last night than usual.

Rice says the gut reaction as a fan first, then ellaborates/corrects himself pretty often. But saying his gut reaction as a fan first makes him pretty... bad as a comentator. The tripping foul on Blake was a good call. The non-call at the end of the third with Jack was a good call. The jumpball with Jack wasn't that rediculous.

But they reflect the audience. Blazer fans are some of the best fans in the entire league, and some of the most supportive of their team. Yesterday someone was asking if it was just because of Kobe that the audience was like that... like it was a playoff game. No, it's always like that. The Blazers have sold out 21 games so far this season... something like 17 consecutively.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #4
d_white089
Let's Go.....

I agree they do have great fans. I love watching the Blazers play, but only if it's on the other teams station lol
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

I started that thread in the laker forum. The Blazers played a great game, I din't post cause we lost, I had decided I was going to post with a win or lost. They are just awful maybe its only one as you say but he sounds like a cheerleader. Anyways congrats to your bright future I like your team
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
Nygher
Banned

I miss Steve Jones
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygher
I miss Steve Jones

He was great. I really can't stand the pre and post games either. Tony Luftman and Mike (something) are way too corny. They always giggle about things that aren't funny, such as their terrible catch phrases.
Tony: "Tell them what they won..."
Mike: "A ball game."
Both: *girly giggles*

Rebecca Haarlow is also terrible. Its like she gets nervous and jumbles here words. She also needs to wear less make up. Its bad enough on TV, but if you ever see her up close in person, it makes you woozy.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: