Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 03-02-2008, 07:45 AM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Cassell To Celts, Does It Hurt Pistons Chances

I say no. The Pistons are still more deep with Billups and Stuckey. Rondo and Cassell aren't as good of a tandem at the PG position. I will say it does make Boston deeper who does still currently have the best record in the league, even after the all-star break. Which means the Pistons will more than likely have to meet the Cavaliers in the 2nd round which will be a much more brutal series than what Boston would potentially have. I think Flip going there would actually hurt us more. Flip is a bigger gaurd and would have offered more depth at the 1 and 2. I say that while I also think Cassell has had one of the most under rated careers in this generation of the NBA. He has spectacular numbers and has played with both Garnett and Allen. With that said, does anybody have any thoughts (besides the Pistons can still win in 7 )
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:36 AM   #2
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Cassell To Celts, Does It Hurt Pistons Chances

I think the Celtics getting Cassell is better than them getting Flip Murray from the perspective of the Pistons.

I do believe that the Celtics improved their team overall with the addition of Cassell as he brings more depth, stability, and experience to the point guard position (Celtics biggest week point), and the Celtics team as a whole… but Cassell is questionable on the defensive end, is questionable with his health, and is after all, older.

The Celtics are a good team and just got better with Cassell but the Pistons still have a chance to get pass them in a 7 game series which will no doubt be a played to a full 7 games. Both teams are that good and will be most entertaining to watch just as both of their games played this season thus far. Looking forward to Wednesdays game as well as a possible ECF match up
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Cassell and PJ Brown are both 38 years old. I don't see either being a huge factor anymore. Besides, Cassell seems to break down all the time. I'd rather have an old backup PG on the Celtics (as a Piston fan) than have a young gunner like Flip that knows our sets and has something to prove. Remember, Flip started in every game when the Cavs won 3, 4, and 5 against us in 2005. When Hughes started, Detroit won. I fear Flip.

Also, Cleveland won't get the 3rd seed. They'll probably get the 4th behind Orlando. Pistons would rather see Orlando 2nd round than Lebron and the Cavs.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick27
Also, Cleveland won't get the 3rd seed. They'll probably get the 4th behind Orlando. Pistons would rather see Orlando 2nd round than Lebron and the Cavs.

I hope your right about this. I would definately rather see Orlando too. Howard is a beast, but the Pistons definately have a harder time defending against Lebron.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I hope your right about this. I would definately rather see Orlando too. Howard is a beast, but the Pistons definately have a harder time defending against Lebron.

2.5 game difference right now, plus I think we still play Cleveland 3 more times. We control our (and somewhat Cleveland's) destiny in the playoffs.

If I were Orlando, I'd consider tanking to face Boston instead of Detroit, though. The matchup is slightly more favorable, in my opinion.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: