Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #16
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Official PimpCast: Mavericks vs. Lakers, 3/2/08, 12:30PM PST, Staples Center

kobe 3-10 fts in first half?? atleast he made the next 20 lol

AMAZING game... shows that even when the whole team is cold sasha 1-10 3pt shots wow ... we still compete with the best!
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #17
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Official PimpCast: Mavericks vs. Lakers, 3/2/08, 12:30PM PST, Staples Center

So... anyone care to tell me why we failed to foul when they were down 3 and had ZERO timeouts with 5 seconds left?

And why we repeated that EXACT SAME MISTAKE in overtime? Someone? Please?
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #18
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

who said the playoffs start next month??? It's already here! THAT was a playoff game.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #19
Frank Foley

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

I'm happy with the win, but everything that irks me about the Lakers (Phil's eccentricities, Pau's softness, the streakiness of our shooters, the streakiness of our defense/rebounding/everything, etc.)--it all surfaced in this game.

The only reason why the Lakers won is because Kobe was unstoppable down the stretch.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #20
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
I'm happy with the win, but everything that irks me about the Lakers (Phil's eccentricities, Pau's softness, the streakiness of our shooters, the streakiness of our defense/rebounding/everything, etc.)--it all surfaced in this game.

The only reason why the Lakers won is because Kobe was unstoppable down the stretch.

and thats good, b/c kobe knows when he needs to step up, he sensed he teammates were lacking and he steped up!
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #21
Frank Foley

No, it's not good. We can't expect Kobe to get 27 free throws every game. If the supporting cast continues to shrivel up during crunch time, the Lakers aren't winning the title.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #22
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Quote:
So... anyone care to tell me why we failed to foul when they were down 3 and had ZERO timeouts with 5 seconds left?

One justification argument that I heard was that had they fouled, L.A. would've gotten the ball back, gotten fouled themselves, and then possibly miss their throws and Dallas has a chance to hit a game winner.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #23
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

Quote:

Phil covered this during the post game. He said they could end up giving a 4 point play or giving them 3 free throws. But, if dirk could put the ball on the ground in the post then sure, go ahead and foul him. Something like that.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:32 PM   #24
Frank Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1sterb
Phil covered this during the post game. He said they could end up giving a 4 point play or giving them 3 free throws. But, if dirk could put the ball on the ground in the post then sure, go ahead and foul him. Something like that.

And I don't buy that excuse. Kidd caught the ball in 2-point territory and everyone just stood there. They just let him hand it off to Dirk.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:34 PM   #25
Frank Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
One justification argument that I heard was that had they fouled, L.A. would've gotten the ball back, gotten fouled themselves, and then possibly miss their throws and Dallas has a chance to hit a game winner.

There wasn't enough time. Dallas was out of timeouts. Even if they had made their free throws and fouled immediately, they would have had about 2, 3 seconds to inbound and go all the way down the court.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:34 PM   #26
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

Quote:
And I don't buy that excuse. Kidd caught the ball in 2-point territory and everyone just stood there. They just let him hand it off to Dirk.

That is a very good point Sir.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #27
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I unfortunately missed the game, but it sure sounds like it was a nail biter and that it took everything Kobe and the Lakers had to win. I am glad to see the ground it out, but from what I heard on the radio, it sure demonstrated that the Lakers do indeed need Bynum at the 5 to make a championship run, considering how physical the play was.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #28
Ceballos
Banned

Ceballos has an OK reputation so far

It boggles my intelligent mind why Phil refuse to allow his players to foul anyone inside the arc...or guard anyone outside the arc near the end of the game. What a dumbass idiot this coach is.
Ceballos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #29
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceballos
It boggles my intelligent mind why Phil refuse to allow his players to foul anyone inside the arc...or guard anyone outside the arc near the end of the game. What a dumbass idiot this coach is.

Which is exactly why you aren't coaching or playing in the NBA.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #30
and1

and1 has decent reputationand1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceballos
to be honest i dont understand it either?
what is the purpose of this??

afraid of hitting freethrows and missing one and winning the game off an offensive rebound?
and1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: