Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 01-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Jerryd Bayless has a bright NBA future

This kid has a very bright future in the NBA I watched his game against the Houston Cougars a couple of days ago, and he literally destroyed the competition. He is only 18 or 19 yrs.old, and the commentator are hyping him as one of the best college freshmen in the Nation.

If i am a GM in the NBA I would definitely draft him as a top 7 pick in the 2008 NBA Draft because he have the maturity to be able to carry a franchise in his rookie season. The Arizona Wildcats lose 3 out of their 4 games when Bayless is sitting with an injury.

Bayless ( Comeback game) vs. Houston Cougars

points, 9 Assists, 5 rebounds, 1 steal

Last edited by Lebron23 : 01-13-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #2
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jerryd Bayless

Ok here is the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvnlZ8huyCE

Jerryd Bayless throws up 33 points and 9 assists against Houston.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:11 PM   #3
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

He could always score but he's been looking a lot more like a point guard lately. He's so quick and he is a smart player, I think he will be a starting point guard one day, he just needs to keep refining his point guard skills.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its funny how many top PG prospects are better scorers than actual PGs
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

He's a solid player. The next Jason Terry in my opinion.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:27 PM   #6
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Seems like a combo guard. I agree with the Jason Terry comparison.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:57 PM   #7
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jerryd Bayless has a bright NBA future

at the picture. Thats NOT Bayless.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:10 AM   #8
Lebron23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
at the picture. Thats NOT Bayless.

That is Gilbert Arenas

Bayless is half white by the way ( Light Skinned)

Old 01-14-2008, 12:17 AM   #9
Efunk7
Serious playground baller

Efunk7 has an OK reputation so far

i disagree with the jason terry description...he's as good a shooter as jet, but a far superior athlete than jet has ever been...and he seems to possess the ability to continue learning how to play the point better rather then being primarily a scorer like jet has has been...i forgot the site that compared him to jay williams, but i really liked that comparison due to their similar combos of shooting/scoring/speed/athleticism/ and relentless attack/competitiveness in both defense and offense in general...as of right now, i would draft him before both rose and mayo, and have a hard time picking gordon over him although i probably would...
Efunk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:07 AM   #10
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Maybe a high scoring guard averaging in the high 20's for ppg?
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:24 AM   #11
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I think Bayless will be a very good guard, and I think worth a lottery pick, but I wouldn't expect much more than 18 and 7. That would be the high end. I would expect closer to 16 and 6. That is still a good PG. He knows when he needs to score and when he needs to find someone else.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #12
stewen12
Banned

stewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation here

id say hes like the 8th best prospect in the draft
stewen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:02 PM   #13
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Who would you all compare him to? Monta Ellis? What offense would he fit in, one like Toronto's, G.S.'s, Phoenix's, Dallas's, etc.?
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #14
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I hate comparing players becuase no two players are exactly alike. You can find stuff that is different between all players.

I would, however, say that Bayless would do well on a team that looks to score more. Maybe like Indiana or Denver. But considering his is likely a top 10 pick, I would say Sacramento if they decide to move Bibby would be a great fit. I also think, that despite the fact that they are the lowest scoring team in the NBA, the Clippers would be a great fit. They need to find a direction for their rebuilding movement, and with a great athlete like Al Thorton already in place, they could become a running team if they can pick up a few more scorers.

One team that I most people would laugh at drafting him, that I think he would fit on is Memphis. He and Conley could split PG duties, and with Mike Miller and Rudy Gay on the wing, they could become the new Suns. This would also have to mean them moving Navarro to someone so he can become a starter and Stoudamire to someone so he can have a chance at winning. I'm not sure what the latest trade rumors are, but if they could pick some young big men from contenders, this could be a really good team in the future. This is a lot of ifs, however, and I think they are more likely to stick with Conley, Navarro, and Lowry, and try to add a young big man in the draft to team with Milicic and Gasol.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:06 AM   #15
Lebron23
Banned

Bayless is probably the most NBA Ready among all of the college freshmen PG in the NCAA Tournament.

He is more of a pure scorer, but he can transform his game to a pass first PG in the NBA.

I think he will be a successful ball handler in the league because of his speed, quickness, and great court vision for his size. I think what separate him from the other players in his draft class is his high basketball IQ, and Bayless is also a very good defender almost averaging 2 Steals Per Game.

I really like his slashing ability because he is certainly unstoppable, when his team is running some fast break plays, and how can you stop the guy without getting destroyed for an easy layup/dunk.

I think he would certainly fit on a running team like the Phoenix Suns, or the GS Warriors because it would maximize is full potential on becoming one of the elite scorers in the NBA.

2007-08 Stats ( Updated)

PPG, 4.3 APG, 2.8 RPG, 2.0 SPG, .1 BPG

Last edited by Lebron23 : 03-04-2008 at 03:19 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: