Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-03-2008, 07:36 PM   #16
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can Pau play at the 4 beside Bynum?

I think Pau will be fine or even better at the 4 because against bigger guys, he struggles to get position. Pau isnt what you would call a power player, he relys more on his talent and finesse. Bynum will be effective in defending the bigger guys in the west and can stand his ground against them. I do howeer see him comming off the bench first and easing him into the rotation
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #17
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Very awesome analyses going on here... I personally appreciate it as I have not fully formed my thoughts in my mind... I have only formed concerns... (ha, I guess that is consistent with me)....

Anyway, please keep the thoughts and opinons coming. They are good for all of us to consider.

I am not sure if there is any one right answer, but the opinions make me think in different directions.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:51 AM   #18
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
have you seen Marc play? What do think about him?

I see him every weekend, and he is doing great. Marc and Rudy are dominating Spanish league, and Marc won't be a contender cause he don't play in a top team. But his improvement is impressive (like Calderon's, for example).

He averages 16.1 ppg (75% FG and FT), 7,6 rpg and 1'4 blcks in 33 min a game. Memphis will definitely use him. I am not sure he could be in a contender-roster now but he is an interesting project for future.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:39 AM   #19
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Pau's natural position is the 4, one of the best high post players in the game, can hit the mid range J and has an array of post moves..all things we have already seen. Bynum is like the perfect compliment to that, plays closer to the rim, excels at rebounding, shot blocking and finishing. We got all you would ever want in our big men pretty much. Both are great in the PnR and Kobe is great at playing the pnr.

the attention bynum's size and length demands near the basket will benefit pau a ton. hes already become way more efficient than he was in memphis because of the attention kobe and the shooters demand.

i think the floor spacing is what will need some work but once they get that down, take off from there.

good days are ahead guys.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:07 AM   #20
lakers_fan4life
Serious playground baller

lakers_fan4life has decent reputation

of course Pau can play the 4 next to bynum he is a very smart player/person so he can play both positions at a very high level.......... if you notice in the games Pau plays like a 4 most of the time anyway so i don't see any issues with him playing the 4.......even bynum said it would be perfect

"its going to be something like tim duncan and david robinson!" - Andrew Bynum

I have said this time and time again.........

when bynum gets back he should come off the bench for atleast 3 to 4 games just to kind of let this lakers team (without bynum) keep doing what they have been doing then when bynum gets back to that special and exciting point he was at before the injury he can come back into the starting line up.....along with

PG-Derek Fisher
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF-Lamar Odom
PF-Pau Gasol
C-Andrew Bynum

that is a pretty scary line up
lakers_fan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #21
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
i think the floor spacing is what will need some work but once they get that down, take off from there.

I think sizzle nailed it... out of all my thoughts, this is the one that sticks out the most... spacing!!!

That is what will need the most practice and time together on the court, which is why I hope Bynum comes back sooner than later... so that they can get used to each other and work on the spacing.

Well, thats what I think anyway.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #22
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

You know whats funny. When pau first came in the league. He was actually a small forward. But he was turned into a power forward by the grizzlies. Then they made him gain even more weight so that he could play center. But I would say his best position is by far the power forward. There is only a handful of other bigs that can match his speed and versatility.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:05 AM   #23
LanRoDeR
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LanRoDeR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
have you seen Marc play? What do think about him?

HI, im a newbie in the forum!!! Im spanish, so sorry my poor english
Marc is a pure center, more stronger than Pau, an animal in the paint. Score, rebound, passing..... and the spiritual leader of his team. His improvement this 1 or 2 recent seasons was spectacular, a lose by the lakers, but it's normal having Bynum, Pau and Ronny. If he went to NBA, he needs minutes, and grizzlies can give that to Marc.

Saludos!!
LanRoDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:30 AM   #24
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanRoDeR
Marc is a pure center, more stronger than Pau, an animal in the paint. Score, rebound, passing..... and the spiritual leader of his team. His improvement this 1 or 2 recent seasons was spectacular, a lose by the lakers, but it's normal having Bynum, Pau and Ronny. If he went to NBA, he needs minutes, and grizzlies can give that to Marc.

Saludos!!

Welcome to the Lakers forum! We hope you participate a lot here!

Old 03-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #25
Jayrome05
Skadoosh

Jayrome05 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
You know whats funny. When pau first came in the league. He was actually a small forward. But he was turned into a power forward by the grizzlies. Then they made him gain even more weight so that he could play center. But I would say his best position is by far the power forward. There is only a handful of other bigs that can match his speed and versatility.

haha a 7footer as Small Foward????
Jayrome05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:38 PM   #26
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanRoDeR

Saludos!!

Thanks for the info!
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:09 PM   #27
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer

żA small forwar? Never :).

Pau can't shoot 3, and always looked for the dunk his first seasons. Henever played like a SF, neither in Spain nor Memphis,
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:32 AM   #28
MyLakers
I hit open 5-footers

MyLakers has an OK reputation so far

Unless Phill is going to totally abandon the triangle, or at least dumb it down considerably, I can't see Phill playing Bynum and Pau together for more than stretches at a time until next season.

As Hotsizzle said above, SPACING is really going to be the issue; that is what makes the traingle effective. As such, I doubt Phil will start them both more than a handful of times this season. Pau still hasn't had ANY time learning the PF spot (which is considerably more complicated than the 5), and he is only just learning the basics of the C position within the offense. So don't be surprised if Bynum isn't used much more than as a dominating backup or as an "option" as a starter depending on the match up.

Remember, the Lakers had the best record in the West with Bynum, and HAVE the best record now with Gasol. As such, I don't see Phil really committing to a line up of Bynum And Gasol until next year, when Gasol will have had time to learn the offense and specifically the 4 spot in the offense.
MyLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #29
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far

Dude, how can it not help w/ Drews return. All anybody has to do is throw the ball towards the rim, he'll gobble the ball and jam it in. He's just too tall and dominant in that field. Everyone will have trouble with him.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #30
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Everybody has GREAT points but, this is why Phil gets paid the big $$$$$$ he will make things workout.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: