Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-29-2008, 02:09 AM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Jordan Farmar's Maximum Potential

What is Farmar's potential? I usually think of him being a clone of Fisher when he was 22 or so... wuld it be reasonable to expect numbers similar to Fisher's over his career or does he have the potential to be better? If so, what player would you guys compare him to if he reaches his ceiling in terms of potential?
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:24 AM   #2
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Jordan Farmar's Maximum Potential

mike bibby ? lol
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:26 AM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
mike bibby ? lol

That wouldnt be bad if he turned out like a bibby. I think he is like bibby who can drive better and is quicker
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Farmar is proving to everyone that hard work does pay off. He has a great work ethic and he is working to improve himself.

I am very pleased with this.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he learns to use those ears to his proper advantage we may being seeing a true "Air Jordan"
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #6
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
he learns to use those ears to his proper advantage we may being seeing a true "Air Jordan"

alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

I've always thought he would be the next Reggie Miller, but now I think he could be even better because he attacks the rim more and I hear he has the best hops on the team next to Kobe. He'll be a starter next year.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Regardless of how well Farmar plays, I still dont know what Phil plans to do.

I would definitely think that Farmar is ready to start next year. I would love to see his name for all-star considerations as well.

We'll see how he performs against top notchers in the playoffs.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #9
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

The sky's the limit for this kid Farmar he has great bb knowledge a very heddy player ala Stockton a great passer plays the in yo face D and isn't afraid to take the big shots like Luke often does with the shotclock expiring.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think if given enough PT and shots in the future he can average 16/6.

I notice that farmar plays better and even becomes a much better passer when there is another passing player in the game. Take Luke Walton for instance....his passing rubs off onto farmar, they end up becoming very dangerous for other teams. It's fun to watch really.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:56 PM   #11
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lets worry about this year.... and Farmar coming off the bench is brilliant. Lakers depth is what will hopefully set them apart.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:00 AM   #12
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I've always thought he would be the next Reggie Miller, but now I think he could be even better because he attacks the rim more and I hear he has the best hops on the team next to Kobe. He'll be a starter next year.

Sorry, but this is completely incorrect. You may need to elaborate more. Farmar is a 1, Miller was a 2. Farmar will be very good but he doesn't have the size to be one of the greatest ever. Reggie Miller is one of the best 2 gaurds the NBA will ever see. Do you really think Farmar could be on the original dream team? Iverson is nearly the same size as Farmar. I don't think Farmar is better. Iverson is not regarded as one of the greatest. If we talked top 10 to 15 PG's of all time we might be able to include his name. He won't even play in the Olympics this year. Do you really think Farmar will ever play in the Olympics? There is Paul, Roy, Williams, etc. They are the ones that are going to be great. Farmar will be very good, but not great. There is a difference. Being a starter doesn't make a player great. I love what he has done lately, but it isn't great, otherwise he would be the starter. I think Farmar is the future starter of the team. He will even win championships with them. But it isn't because he is one of the options that are Kobe, Gasol, or Bynum. He will be a 5th option at best, which is nothing to be ashamed of. With the players he has around him that is a nice place to be.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:16 AM   #13
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Sorry, but this is completely incorrect. You may need to elaborate more. Farmar is a 1, Miller was a 2. Farmar will be very good but he doesn't have the size to be one of the greatest ever. Reggie Miller is one of the best 2 gaurds the NBA will ever see. Do you really think Farmar could be on the original dream team? Iverson is nearly the same size as Farmar. I don't think Farmar is better. Iverson is not regarded as one of the greatest. If we talked top 10 to 15 PG's of all time we might be able to include his name. He won't even play in the Olympics this year. Do you really think Farmar will ever play in the Olympics? There is Paul, Roy, Williams, etc. They are the ones that are going to be great. Farmar will be very good, but not great. There is a difference. Being a starter doesn't make a player great. I love what he has done lately, but it isn't great, otherwise he would be the starter. I think Farmar is the future starter of the team. He will even win championships with them. But it isn't because he is one of the options that are Kobe, Gasol, or Bynum. He will be a 5th option at best, which is nothing to be ashamed of. With the players he has around him that is a nice place to be.

No one thought Reggie Miller would be as good as he was either.
Unless YOU are psychic you can't say anything is definite....good, bad or in between!!!! Anything we say is just speculation.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: