Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-07-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Please stop hating on Stephon Marbury

Me personally i love stephon marbury. Too me hes one of the best players i have ever seen play basketball. I support him 100%. Its like everybody want to hate on him fans the media its really not fair. I hate when people say well every team he left the team got better. Thats not fair to say becasue the T-Wolves never got better they were still losing untill they got cassel and spreewell in the first round. When he was playing with the Nets he was basically by him self the other players around was always injured, for example when Kidd was playing last year before they got Vince they were terrible if they didnt have vince they wouldnt be in the playoffs. And when he was playing with the Suns he ran a regular system with the Suns he didnt play the way the suns play now. They dont play regular basketball. People are trying to say hes not a point gaurd are your crazy. If hes not a point gaurd a lot guys arent point gaurds. Lets be real tony parker is a good player but hes not a point gaurd. When u watch the Spurs play, when he have the ball he does not give it up that much. Marbury pass the ball. I love the Knicks when u watch the Knicks play hes not the reason y they lose. So please STOP HATING ON MARBURY!
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

about time someone stepped up and said something, good write up
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:22 PM   #3
Jazz Rockets all the way
I airball my layups

Jazz Rockets all the way has an OK reputation so far

no, starbury is a dick and is allergic to every1 tryin to help him out! he has talent but if he cant learn from larry brown then he should die. peroid
Jazz Rockets all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:56 AM   #4
roth15syr
I brick open layups

roth15syr has an OK reputation so far

I'm a HUGE Knicks fan and I do love Starbury, but if we lose LB, who is a GREAT coach and with the right roster moves could take us to the playoffs THIS YEAR, because of his punk ass I'm gonna kill him. Someone's gotta smack Isiah and tell him he's about to pay 40 million to get RID of the solution...
roth15syr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:59 AM   #5
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Larry Brown is not the answer anymore. He's proven that with his refusal to accept his roster for what it is and coach what he has. Brown has proven it with the feud he instigated with his team's best player.

Yes, every stop Brown has gone to he's won games. He also leaves those teams earlier than expected and with rosters so unbalanced that no other coach can work with what is left. He skips town and it takes years for those teams to stablize.

I don't want that for the Knicks. Looking at the amount of young talent the Knicks have I'd rather let Brown leave. Find someone willing to work with the youngsters instead of caving in to Brown and trade all of it away.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #6
JinTheWindMaster
Banned

JinTheWindMaster has not been impressing people

Yes, he is a good player, but a horrible teammate. The Knicks will never make the playoffs with him running with the team.
JinTheWindMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:22 PM   #7
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

i disagree because he led the knicks to the playoffs the first year he was there.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #8
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinTheWindMaster
Yes, he is a good player, but a horrible teammate. The Knicks will never make the playoffs with him running with the team.
Yet he's been to the playoffs as a Knick already.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:20 PM   #9
NYKTIMEWARP94
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NYKTIMEWARP94 has an OK reputation so far

I think the Knicks can win with Marbury, lets face he's basically unstoppable, he can get to the basket at will and he can pull it up.

I think Marbury should play off the ball, I think we would maximize his skills with him off the ball. He could then focus on being a floor general rather than the "point guard", I think he needs another teammate on his level that can match him as far as talent is concerned and is not afraid to stand up to Marbury.

Back when he took the Knicks to the playoffs, Marbury had a better team around him. A better defensive team and a more skilled team. I thought the team he can into with

Houston
Doleac
Marbury
Van Horn
K. Thomas

Off Bench
Sweetney

Had good Chemistry Yes we needed athleticism, youth and depth, but the chemistry was there. This team also understood the basic foundation of basketball. We would've added

Crawford
David Lee
Possibly still Channing Frye

I think Isiah didnt see what he had before him
NYKTIMEWARP94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #10
stillaloyalknick

Default marb

great post, but the nets made the finals 2 straight years after they traded marbury. not gonna hate on the guy, but u cant deny facts, hes a great player, but just cant seem to win
Old 06-12-2006, 03:32 PM   #11
Da KO King

Look at the Nets roster and the amount of mans games missed due to injury during Marbury stint and Jason Kidd's stint.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #12
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool
Default re

keep marbury n dump brown...
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #13
Unregistered

keep brown n dump marbury...
Old 06-13-2006, 01:07 PM   #14
Unregistered

keep both marbury and brown and calm down every going to be fine if starbury just plays ball and larry do more coaching then rip has players in the media
Old 06-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #15
JinTheWindMaster
Banned

JinTheWindMaster has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
i disagree because he led the knicks to the playoffs the first year he was there.

No, they already had a good record when he came. And he didn't show leadership when the nets beat them.
JinTheWindMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: