Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-04-2008, 12:37 AM   #1
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Who's the best Guitar Hero player here?

I just beat Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce on expert earlier today and still excited, so I thought I'd make a thread to see who's the best at Guitar Hero here.

Post how far you are and how well you've done.

Easy

- Been too lazy to complete Career mode on Easy.. But every song I've played have been 5 stars, more then 75% of them were 100% notes hit. Easy Mode is a cinch for me. I'm gunna try to get 100% on every single song

Medium

- Career Mode songs are all 5 starred

- Over 15 songs were perfect

- Still need to 5 star Through the Fire and Flames in order to have every song in the bonus list 5 starred.

Hard

- Career Mode songs are 5 starred completely

- Still need to work on 5 starring Through the Fire and Flames

- All Bonus Songs are 5 starred except for Through the Fire and Flames

Expert

- Career mode songs are all beaten.

- Raining Blood(Slayer) is the only song left in the career mode setlist that I need to 5 star. I can pass Raining Blood on a regular basis, but 5 starring it is not easy.

- I JUST BEAT THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES ON EXPERT TODAY... F*CK YEA!!!

- Including Through the Fire and Flames, I have about 7 or 8 songs left to 5 star in order to have every song 5 starred.

- I have 3 songs that I played perfectly

Here are some of my scores(these are expert scores)

Numbers of the Beast- Iron Maiden: 445K(95% notes hit/5 stars)
Stricken- Disturbed: 410K(96% notes hit/5 stars)
One- Metallica: 388K(94% notes hit/5 stars)
Before I Forget- Slipknot: 334K(96% notes hit/5 stars)
Through the Fire and Flames- Dragonforce: 316K(83% notes hit/3 stars)
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:39 AM   #2
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Who's the best Guitar Hero player here?

Almost forgot about Guitar Hero 2.

Didn't play this game on easy, medium, or hard yet, only on expert so far. I have about 30 5 stars, I have every song beaten in this game except for Jordan.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:59 PM   #3
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Not me!:)
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:11 AM   #4
DMizzle
Great young streetballer

DMizzle is considered somewhat coolDMizzle is considered somewhat cool

I cant beat through the fires and flames expert. Hardest song I beat was cliffs of dover expert or impulse expert
DMizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:58 AM   #5
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

Numbers of the Beast- Iron Maiden: 445K(95% notes hit/5 stars)
Stricken- Disturbed: 410K(96% notes hit/5 stars)One- Metallica: 388K(94% notes hit/5 stars)
Before I Forget- Slipknot: 334K(96% notes hit/5 stars)Through the Fire and Flames- Dragonforce: 316K(83% notes hit/3 stars)

Those two songs fcuking own.

As for me -- I suck at gh3, I can 4 star songs on easy lol. I've only played a little, I have the game tho. Live ran out and don't feel like playing video games anymore.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:01 AM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hardest song I've beat is One by Metallica on Hard.

Haven't played it in a while.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

i can beat freebird on expert with 4 stars 85ish percent

can't beat through the fire and flames on expert tho, that's impressive
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #8
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Almost forgot about Guitar Hero 2.

Didn't play this game on easy, medium, or hard yet, only on expert so far. I have about 30 5 stars, I have every song beaten in this game except for Jordan.

yeah, jordan is a beast, i can't beat that one either
Old 03-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #9
clipps
Good college starter

Jordan really is f*ckin hard. It still baffles me that I've beaten Through the Fire and Flames but not Jordan. I just beat Through the Fire and Flames on expert. 2 days ago so I'm pretty stoked about that.

I got 3 more perfect streaks. On expert, I have a total of 5 FCs(Full Combos:100% notes hit).

Slow Ride
Closer
When You Were Young
Mississippi Queen
Heavy Metal Lady.

Almost had Hit Me With Your Best Shot FCed but a f8ckin choked towards the end.

Trust me, you all have no idea how excited I was when I finally beat Through the Fire and Flames on Expert. Having buddies there to witness that was pretty cool as well.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #10
clipps
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_white089
i can beat freebird on expert with 4 stars 85ish percent

can't beat through the fire and flames on expert tho, that's impressive

Unfortunately I haven't been able to beat the second time. I really suck at tapping the intro(I keep on messing up somewhere and re-strumming the intro is a *****), but when I get past the intro, I can consistently make it to the solos without using star power, then I try to survive as long as possible in the solos and then I use star power when I'm dropping in the red in the rock meter.

I'm one of those people that believe you have to beat something twice in order to make it official and I still haven't been able to beat TTFAF the 2nd time. Song is f*ckin hard.

Freebird is fun. That song and Beast and the Harlot are the only 2 songs in the last tier I have 5 starred. 5 starring songs in GH2 is so much harder than 5 starring songs in GH3. In career mode, I have every song in GH3 5 starred except for Raining Blood. In GH2, I barely have half of the career mode songs 5 starred... But when it comes to just passing, GH 2 is alot easier. Raining Blood was a b*tch before I got used to the Mosh1 section(the one with all of the descending scales back to back that people commonly fail at)
Old 03-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #11
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You don't care who the best player here is, your just bragging.

I am impressed though, I never got past hard.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:33 PM   #12
Faufner
Serious playground baller

Faufner has an OK reputation so far

Very impressive I must say.

Here's what I've done so far in GH2 and GH3: (i'm only gonna refer to expert)

GH2:

- five starred about 75% of all the songs (don't have five stars in the second last and the last sections- very tough songs to get 5 stars)

- haven't beat Jordan yet, although I've only tried twice. I get to 40% very easily...then it all comes crashing down

- I've come so close to perfecting songs but I just choke at like 90% of the song - so frustrating. Heart-shaped box should be easy to perfect but I have some sort of mental block that causes me to screw up

GH3:

- five starred everything in the first five sets except for that Sonic Youth song (something about it - I can't grasp its rhythm)

- i've only had the game for about two weeks and have to give it back to my buddy in a week or so. I haven't been able to beat Slayer or One on my first two tries. But if I play them more..i'll get them down. One pisses me off cuz I get owned at like 90% of the song and it's really long (although good). Slayer just merks me in the beginning and with the chord solo.

- TTFATF i've tried once and got hammered like 5% in. No match for that now, but I feel if i had more time and focus I could get by it...though it would take a while.
Faufner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:01 PM   #13
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

My favorite song on it is probably Monster - Matchbook Romance.

I think that songs on there. What's your score on it? I can 5-star it on easy lol I dont play much.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:17 AM   #14
d_white089
Let's Go.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Unfortunately I haven't been able to beat the second time. I really suck at tapping the intro(I keep on messing up somewhere and re-strumming the intro is a *****), but when I get past the intro, I can consistently make it to the solos without using star power, then I try to survive as long as possible in the solos and then I use star power when I'm dropping in the red in the rock meter.

I'm one of those people that believe you have to beat something twice in order to make it official and I still haven't been able to beat TTFAF the 2nd time. Song is f*ckin hard.

Freebird is fun. That song and Beast and the Harlot are the only 2 songs in the last tier I have 5 starred. 5 starring songs in GH2 is so much harder than 5 starring songs in GH3. In career mode, I have every song in GH3 5 starred except for Raining Blood. In GH2, I barely have half of the career mode songs 5 starred... But when it comes to just passing, GH 2 is alot easier. Raining Blood was a b*tch before I got used to the Mosh1 section(the one with all of the descending scales back to back that people commonly fail at)

i haven't played gh3 near as much as gh2..my buddy is addicted to gh3 and he's never beat ttfaf..it kills him too lol..so if you beat it once, it's official.
i'm good enough to impress my friends, and i'm satisfied with that lol..what % do you get on freebird?

i guess my most impressive thing is beating Mr. Fix it on expert with 100%..i was pumped about that lol
Old 03-06-2008, 03:17 AM   #15
clipps
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
You don't care who the best player here is, your just bragging.

I am impressed though, I never got past hard.

I guess I'm bragging too much, but completing TTFAF has gotten me excited. But I actually do want to see who is the best at GH around here. If there is anyone on ISH that's better than me, cool, if not, sweet.

Last edited by clipps : 03-06-2008 at 03:26 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: