Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-28-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
bmobbs
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bmobbs has an OK reputation so far
Default Ryan Anderson

Any thoughts..

I grew up with him, and have played ball with and against him since age ten.
I'm predicting late first round, does anyone have any thoughts on him..?

Strengths:

Size for PF
Production
Ability to face basket
Perimeter shooting range
Prolific 3-point shooter
Ability to get shot off
Touch inside
Rebounding
Hustle
Competes defensively
Timing
Basketball IQ

Weaknesses:

Strength
Explosiveness
Finishing ability
Lateral quickness
Creating offense
Fades away from contact
Perimeter defense
Post defense
bmobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ryan Anderson

should go back for another year. anytime you see a sophomore average 21 and 10 and isn't a lock for the 1st round its most likely because his team didn't win games. If he can go back,get the same numbers,and get to the NCAA tournament with new coach mike montgomery he'd be a mid 1st rounder next season. chances are he doesn't go back though
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #3
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Ryan Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
should go back for another year. anytime you see a sophomore average 21 and 10 and isn't a lock for the 1st round its most likely because his team didn't win games. If he can go back,get the same numbers,and get to the NCAA tournament with new coach mike montgomery he'd be a mid 1st rounder next season. chances are he doesn't go back though

I think it's a tough decision for him. 21/10 are great numbers and now he could be picked based on the upside (by the way, I think it's almost funny how e.g. juniors don't seem to have upside, it's only the freshmen and sophmores), and realistically he can't really do much more in college to lift his stock. He's not gonna get quiker or more explosive or stronger very easily. I think he should probably stay in school and see what's his stock is like a year from now. If it's just about the same as now, then go. It's probably not going to lift much as during his Jr and Sr years.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: