Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #16
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Top 5 Soon To Be Draftees You Wanna Watch In The NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
Beasley, Rose, Gordon, Jordan, and Mayo. Hansbrough will be useless in the NBA. Most people don't want to watch a bust.

i like hansbrough. i hope he succeeds.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #17
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

The thing that I find funny is that everyone thinks Hansbrough is going to be a bust, so how can he be a bust? A bust is someone that is expected to do well and doesn't. Plus, I don't see how anyone outside of the lottery can be considered a bust, unless they are really, really bad. Joe Forte was a bust. William Avery was a bust. Trajan Langdon was a bust. But are guys like Brandon Haywood, Casey Jacobson, or Brian Cook really busts? They have stuck around in the NBA. They were not considered guys who will change the face of a team like Olowokandi, Kwame, or Araujo, who are busts. I just think it is all relative, but you can't call a guy a lot of people think won't do well a bust.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #18
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_white089
i like hansbrough. i hope he succeeds.

Me too, he plays with a lot of heart and effort, hopefully he goes to the Spurs next year!
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #19
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
The thing that I find funny is that everyone thinks Hansbrough is going to be a bust, so how can he be a bust? A bust is someone that is expected to do well and doesn't. Plus, I don't see how anyone outside of the lottery can be considered a bust, unless they are really, really bad. Joe Forte was a bust. William Avery was a bust. Trajan Langdon was a bust. But are guys like Brandon Haywood, Casey Jacobson, or Brian Cook really busts? They have stuck around in the NBA. They were not considered guys who will change the face of a team like Olowokandi, Kwame, or Araujo, who are busts. I just think it is all relative, but you can't call a guy a lot of people think won't do well a bust.

I like the Hansbrough part, but I don't know if I agree with the rest. Guys that are taken 15-30 are still supposed to make their team better. It's not like there are 14 guys in the draft that can be considered busts, and if the rest are scrubs, so be it. Guys like Julius Hodge or Reece Gaines I would consider busts.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:13 AM   #20
monthh
Local High School Star

I agree that those guys are busts. I just meant that a guy has to really bad to be considered a bust. If someone thinks Hansbrough will play very little during their rookie contract and then are out of the league shortly after that, then he is a bust. But if you are talking about him being a rotation player off the bench for 8 to 10 years, then he isn't a bust.

And I just think the wording may be confusing. I meant that the guys taken in the lottery are going to non-playoff teams (usually) and fans expect them to lead the team to the playoffs. They have high expecations to change the course of a team from a non-playoff team to a playoff team. Guys taken outside of the lottery are taken by playoff team (usually). They are not expected to change the face of the franchise. I never said they aren't expected to help out and be a good player. If Milwaukee takes Hansbrough, Buck fans are expecting the NCAA Hansbrough, someone that will take them to the next level. If Dallas takes him, they expected a more reasonable role player. That is why I say that you need to be really, really bad to be considered a bust outside of the lottery. If you average 6pts and 3reb for 6 years for your team, you helped out and were productive. I don't think that is a bust. If you average 6pts in 45 games in your rookie contract and then go to Europe, you were a bust. I think years of service is something that should be taken into account because if you can get a guy that plays years past their rookie contract, you are getting a guy that is worth having on the team.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #21
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Beasley, Rose, Gordon, Jordan, and Mayo. Hansbrough will be useless in the NBA. Most people don't want to watch a bust.

I cant wait until hansbrough come out. When he proves everyone wrong and is not a bust. Its going to be awesome. I am starting to think its all about race when it comes to him. He is obviously a good player. Any college team would gladly welcome him. Yet everyone wants to hate on him. The arguments just arent good. Are you trying to tell me that sean may looked like a better pro project?

Anyways that is another thread. My top five. Are rose, beasley, gordon, budinger, kevin love( cause he is a bust waiting to happen).

Last edited by jailer : 03-11-2008 at 06:20 PM.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:09 AM   #22
monthh
Local High School Star

It is not a race thing at all. Duke and UNC are by far the most hated teams in college basketball. Everybody from Avery to Zwikker has been hated on. The sad thing is that most of them actually do end up becoming busts.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #23
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really crave to watch this guy in the NBA --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEYvgvsO82w <-- my avatar shows a bit of what the video does not: leadership and aggressivity... in case you guys doubt Italians in that - which would be natural after seeing Bargnani and Belinelli
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #24
D Domino31
I airball my layups

D Domino31 has an OK reputation so far

1) D.J. Augustin
2) Tyler Hansbrough
3) Ty Lawson
4) Derrick Rose
5)Michael Bestley
D Domino31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #25
Maniak
Warm Winds

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

OJ Mayo, Beasley, Kevin Love, Bill Walker, and DeAndre Jordan
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #26
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

fos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected poster

Michael Beasely, Chase Budinger, Danilo Gallinari, Tyler Hansbrough, and Eric Gordon
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #27
d_white089
Let's Go.....

put joe alexander on my list, but i'm hopin and prayin he comes back to wvu cause if so they are a top 10 team
Old 04-15-2008, 06:46 PM   #28
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star

oldenpolynice has decent reputation

Why does everyone seem to have DeAndre Jordan on their list? This draft class is strong on guards. Why put a big man in there who won't even play in 2008?

Beasley, Rose, Bayless, CDR and Earl Clark.

Clark is the sleeper of the draft. Believe it!
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #29
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

If you dont want to watch a bust. Then why do you want to watch mayo and jordan
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:33 AM   #30
bringthetruth
Banned

bringthetruth has no real reputation yet.

[quote=jailer]I cant wait until hansbrough come out. When he proves everyone wrong and is not a bust. Its going to be awesome. I am starting to think its all about race when it comes to him. He is obviously a good player. Any college team would gladly welcome him. Yet everyone wants to hate on him. The arguments just arent good. Are you trying to tell me that sean may looked like a better pro project?

QUOTE]

Hansborough better stay in school , good choice. He will be the Next Danny Ferry, Don McCLean, and if he works reallly hard, the next Matt Harpring.
bringthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: