Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 03-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Kaman & Dirk To Be Team Mates

Quote:
LOS ANGELES - Imagine this sight: Chris Kaman in lederhosen.

OK, maybe that image will never come to fruition, but the Clippers center could be wearing basketball shorts for the German national team.

Kaman is waiting to be approved for a German passport to become eligible for the country's national team. He hopes to join Dallas Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki on the team and compete in this summer's Olympic trials and, hopefully, in the Beijing Olympics.

"The USA never approached me about anything, so I just want to be able to play in the summer," Kaman said. "And this is a way to do it, and it's not some cheesy summer league."

Kaman has had conversations with Nowitzki about playing on the team, and the 7-footer is following a long procedure to prove he is eligible for the squad. He says he is German because of his father's bloodline.

"Dirk put me in contact with a couple of people with the German federation, and they're trying to help me out," Kaman said. "They're trying to dig into my history and find out where I'm from. ... I don't know what the percentages is, the rules and everything. You have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get there. And it kind of stinks, but you have go through it."

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_8444057

Wow...should be interesting
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: